The Train Station (End)

The Train Station
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Maybe it was the rain above hitting the concrete, each drop exploding and merging with one another to form a puddle of water as hurried steps stomped on it while running to find cover. 

 

Maybe it was how grey the day was. 

 

Not because that’s what filled her vision since she was born, that she was used to it. It just felt grey as in sad and hazy. Like a blizzard of unfinished thoughts, of lost dreams and tiredness as everyone ran past her to find protection from the rain pouring.


 

Chaewon tried to find the beauty under that grey veil. 

 

What colour is the sky ? A common question, she imagined what colour it could be under all weather and seasons and how beautiful it must be. Her parents told her blue. Yet the books said red and orange as the sunrise in contrast with the pastel coral and the beautiful soft purple of the sunset. The weather forecast informed everyone of grey and white clouds almost turning black. 


 

Chaewon took a look above. It was just plain grey... like usual. It was darker than when it was said to be sunny or during sunrise. However it was still grey, greyish and grey-like grey. 


 

That was her world. 


 

More like the world of billions of persons on this planet. But then, were they all thinking the same as her ?



 

Her hair was getting heavy due to the generous downpour from the sky and the clear drops hitting her on the face as she looked up in hope to get a glint of beauty. 


 

A tint of colour.







 

Down in the subway station, she frowned at the wet and damp smell of the crowd as it felt humid and drippy in every corner of the waiting platform.



 

It was rush hour and this scene was one in a hundred. 


 

Surely it wasn’t the first time this happened.



 

She wondered what she was wearing now because she had absolutely no idea of her clothes’ colours ...


 

She hoped she was wearing white, a pure and pearly white like she heard for so long. Or maybe some red, her parents told her that colour suited her well.



 

She searched and yearned for colours in her life. She was a working woman occupying an important post at a renowned business corporation reduced to using public transportation due to her car being checked up in the garage. 


 

Looking up, she looked at the other side of the train station.. those going on the contrary side. 


 

Scanning the bored and sickly grey faces in front of her... no one looked bright here. No one looked one bit colourful to her ... that sounds stupid to say as everything was colourless anyway.








 

"The train is coming in 2 minutes."



 

The announcement came crashing in the speakers yet Chaewon continued to observe the world, the rain falling and hitting the ground

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter