First snow

Strawberry Panic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chatters could be heard in the function hall, people wearing such as gowns, suits and anything would scream elite scattered around, some with their families, business associates and friends. For Roseanne this is the thing she wouldn't get used to. How many events she had gone to? How many events she attended around rich people? To be honest she couldn't remember any of those events.

But as much as she wants to turn down the invites she couldn't do so. This is for the charity event to help the kids who lacks of education. 

She’s wondering if these people around her are really here to help the kids or just to flaunt their riches. She doesn't want to know because she hated it.

Why is she here in the first place? The event was grand unlike what the organizers told her. Lights dancing around, camera flashes everywhere, laughs boomed in the four corners of the hall. Oh, yes, because her dear friend Jisoo asked to paint and donate one of her painting, couldn't say no when she heard the purpose of the event.

In case you don't know, Roseanne Park or Rosé as she go by, is one of the known artist in the country. Her art pieces are in demand in and out of the country and won several awards such as Golden and Silver Lions, Future Generation Art and Hugo boss Prize. Her talent made her known. She's only twenty six but had already established a name in the industry she chose and she's glad for it because people appreciate her work and passion.

She choose to sit at the far corner but the thing is when people want to talk to you, even if you don't want to, you need to entertain them. One of the thing she hates with this event. Can they mind their business as I do with mine? God! I want to go home so bad! She hissed to herself.

A very tall man wearing an expensive suit with an arrogant aura stand in front of her and greeted her, as courtesy she stood up.

"Uhm. Yes, that's me." that's all she said, please get the idea. I don't want to talk to you. No, she's not rude but mingling with people for the past events, she already knew what they want or about to say. Bragging their money. Boasting up their ego. 

"I've heard that you donated a piece." she nodded, "I'm a fan of your art work, especially The Awakening, Tantalize and Irresistible A-a--"

"Irresistible Allure, you mean? Thank you." she gave a small smile. She's not judgmental but she bet this guy in front of her just made a little research about her arts just now. I mean this is not the first time though.

The guy put his hand on his neck, embarrassed because of a mistake he made. Clearing his throat, "I just want to say that you're so beautiful in person."

"Thank you"

"Would you go on a date with me if I got your art tonight? I mean I'll definitely bid for your art but would you go out with me--" of course there's a catch, why she's not surprised anymore.

"I'm sorry but-"

"I'll bid triple price just say yes to me." he's so persistent.

Like you stand a chance to get my art. Not tonight. Definitely never. She wants to say.

"Thanks for your generosity but I'm really--" Her words got cut off when the door of the function hall opened. Loud gasped are everywhere, spotlight at the entrance, press people swarming at the newly arrived people. 

The heiress of Kim group company, Jennie Kim, and Bae Conglomerate, Bae Irene, the two new arrival are known to be enemy in the business world. 

Jennie Kim style in her chic Chanel outfit, white mini dress, her brunette hair falls down on her shoulder, clutching her small purse, as she walks in the red carpet with her black high heels, she's so elegant and classy. 

Irene Bae, with her ysl black suit, that hugged her body. Hair tied in tight bun. Her looks so fatal. Dangerous and cold. 

Just like what she expected the two idiots are here. She almost let out a sighed thinking of the mess that these new arrival will do. God, please give her enough patience tonight. The presence of Kim and Bae made her forgot the person in front of her, if the man didn't speak. God! Punishing her tonight. 

"What were you saying earlier?" 

Rosé could feel the cold deadly stares from her back. Oh, please! "If you'll excuse me but my friend is calling me for the event is about to start." she didn't wait for the man to reply, she left abruptly. 

She smell trouble. Like a bad one. 

She made way to Jisoo, the girl just shrugged to her. Damn it! She got tricked again. 

"You tricked me. I thought they won't attend this event, why are they here?" She hissed. 

"I thought so, too, but the two pulled some strings I guess?" 

"Don't with me, Soo. How much? How much these two payed you?" 

"100 million won each, that's big amount and it will help much." she should have known. 

"You witch" 

"It's money babe." she wants to wipe out that smirk. "And what could go wrong aye?" A lot, you little sly chicken. 

She sighed deeply. 

"Stop being dramatic," Jisoo rolled her eyes, the audacity. "And oh, they're coming to you." grinning to her, can she smack Jisoo just once? She's annoying! 

 

Just like that the two idiots are in front of her, both smirking as they saw her rolled her eyes at them. They both knew they got her worked up, that's cute. She's cute. 

"Fancy seeing you, Miss Park." Irene said, a mischievous glint on her eyes. 

"Likewise, Miss Bae." 

"My Rosie, you look beautiful tonight." The flirty tone of Jennie makes her frowned. 

"Thanks, Miss Kim." 

"Stop flirting with her, Kim." Irene reprimanded her enemy. The said girl shrugged and dismissed the older girl. "Roseanne, you're really beautiful tonight." Irene smiled at her, the once in a blue moon smile. That made Rosie blushed. 

"Don't flirt my arse!" Jennie sniggered. 

"I'm not flirting, I'm just stating a fact." Irene retorted back. 

"You're flirting with her, admit it."

"I said I'm not!" 

"Yes, you are."

"No--"

Oh God! 

"Will you two stop." Rosé hissed, because people at the room are looking at them. She doesn't want the attention for tonight. But these two are such a pain in the arse. Gladly the two stop, but with a little huffs and rolling eyes. 

They sit in the middle table, of course she can't say no to these two women not when they make sure she's not going anywhere. They're both at her side. Jennie on her left, Irene at her right. This has always been their set up, being sandwich by them. God, imagine her situation, being in the middle of these two infuriating women. Bless her patience.

In a minute the bidding will start, and her nightmare’s about to start as well.

"Please you two behave mmmkay?" she said, almost plead. The two shrugged and muttered a yes, but the thing you should know is that their eyes are glistening in a way telling you that it's a not promise. They're devious.

But she's giving them a benefit of the doubt.

The lights dim as the sign of the event will start now.

Jisoo made a speech about the charity, the goals of the bidding and the items that they will present. She's in peace because Jennie and Irene are just silent to her sides but she should not speak sooner. 

The second item are done when someone disturb her peace, the guy earlier is in front of her, she felt that Irene and Jennie straightened in their sits, and the cold aura around her.

"Miss Park do you remember me?" she nodded, "Your art will be up in after the third item. I want to remind you the date I was talking about when I get your art."

Oh my god! Why he needs to bring that up in front of these witches. Spare me please! She chided. This is gonna be a long night she supposed.

The sharp deadly daggers she felt both sides are making her fidgeting in her seat. Trouble.

"Rosé--" Irene cuts him off.

"You're blocking our view, please leave." The stern voice of Irene made Rosé gulp. Uh-oh! 

"But--"

"You're disturbing us, leave." This time it's Jennie. The guy has no choice but leave as they starting to catch attention. 

"Date?" Jennie and Irene asked in very much annoyed tone. 

"He invited me, but I turned him down." With the look they're both giving her, telling her that they are not believing. 

"Really, I turned him down. Gosh! He's annoying in the first place. He'll bid for my art just to snatch a date with me. The hell!" she hissed. She heard both girls hummed to her. 

"Bid to date you. I see." Jennie said. 

"As if he stand a chance. Not on my watch. Never." Irene clenched her jaw tight. 

What? 

Oh-uh! Roseanne, you and your big mouth. Now you bring the beast out of them. 

"Whatever you're planning please stop. I won't date him, you know." 

"Can't promise anything." They both said. 

"I'm gonna crush him to very bits." Irene muttured to herself. 

"You'll regret this boy." Jennie. 

The third item was done. And the atmosphere on their table is tense, no one's talking. 

"And now for our fourth item, this piece is donated by Rosé, the country’s famous painter. She made this piece just for this event, and this is the first time it will be up for the public. This item is called Tranquility." 

Everyone wowed at the painting. The transition of the colors blend to one another, mesmerized how the sky are bloody red but the darkness slowly hugging them as the sun about to set off. The way ocean reflect the vivid view above them. It's so breathtaking and beautiful. With every and brush are so neat.

"Wow, that's beautiful, babe!" Irene uttered, still mesmerized, "I'm so proud of you." she gave Rosé as pecked on her forehead. She flustered at the gesture, muttered a sma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter