Meeting and rejection

Love between unmatched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The middle aged woman was kept herself busy in kitchen work halfhearted. Being a wife and a mother, she could understand both, but the helplessness was that there was no other way but to leave all the problems on time. When situations of dilemma or tension arise in the relationship, then only time can cure them. She can understand her husband's point of view but Jonghyun still need time to think on it thoroughly as well. 

The quiet and slow foot steps had her pulled out from thoughts. She turned around and placed a soft smile on her lips after seeing Jonghyun there. Jonghyun didn't returned back the smile and approached close to her. 

" Jonghyunie _ you're here _ you need something? " 

" No mom, actually you've been working here alone so I came to help you. Why not you go and get ready? The Guest can come here by anytime. " He said and grabbed knife from Mrs. Kim's hand. 

" It's ok Jonghyunie, I will be fine. Besides you're not feeling well so I don't want to let you work here. You go to your room and take some rest " The woman replied 

" I'm totally fine. And by the way, you should get ready for welcome the guest. You're house lady. " Jonghyun said and guide the woman outside . He chucked when Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes at him. 

" Mom believe me, I will never disappoint you. I will manage here everything. You go and get ready " He gently requested and smiled softly. 

" Ok son. As your wish. " The house lady smiled back , she kissed his forehead and walked out from kitchen area. Jonghyun turned back into kitchen and began thinking how to make a great dinner. 

Although his heart was hurt, he was hurt and was feeling guilty that his parents were upset and unhappy because of him. He was beginning to believe that there was wickedness attached to him and his fate. He had accepted that laughter and happiness had left him forever.now he would have to learn to live a life of colorless and tasteless like this.

He turned his eyes around the kitchen, got busy in completing the rest of the work. Because he had no idea about guest likes and dislikes, So he decided to cook whatever he had in his mind. He mixed the chopped vegetables and meat along with seasoning in a pan and the heat. Then he added rice cakes, fish cakes, some glass noodles and tiny sausages. He sniffed the aroma and smiled, satisfied with cooked tteokbokki . 

For the second and mvp dish, He chopped and cut Carrots and Cucumber into matchsticks shape, spinach into strips followed by beef and boiled whole eggs. He added olive oil, sesame oil, dried seaweeds, soy sauce, red pepper paste, sweet sauce. He mixed up all ingredients well and placed the topping over white boiled rice base and finished up preparing Bimbibap . 

"  I should prepare warm soup too, I think I should prepare Guk . " He quickly made the warm soup with radish and beef. 

" For side dish, I think Ramen and kimchi would be great. " He opened the fridge's door and grabbed a packet of cold cabbage kimchi and placed it decently in a Trey. 

Mrs. Kim entered in kitchen area and gasped happily when she saw all cooked and arranged food on the dinning table. The table was full of mouth watering delicious food, tteokbokki, Bimbibap, cutlets, chicken dumplings, warm Guk, chicken soup, grilled pork belly, white rice, soju, ramen, kimchi and desserts. She couldn't help but sniffed the savory aroma. 

" Humm _ it's smells so delicious Jjongie, I bet tonight we gonna have a great dinner. " She complimented proudly. 

" You thinks so, we will see , I tried my best " Jonghyun smiled tiredly. 

" Yes son, I can see how much efforts you've put in. Our client gonna impressed and happy by our welcome and delicious food " Mrs. Kim cupped his face and kissed on cheek. 

Jonghyun smiled, " Thank you Mom " 

They both heard car sound from outside , Mrs. Kim smiled widely. " Seems like he arrived here "

" Yeah. Thank god we have done all arrangements on the right time " Jonghyun responded. 

" Minho is already at main door for welcoming him. Jonghyunie we have to impress him so your dad and Minho's efforts didn't get failed. Right? " Suddenly Jonghyun felt the woman start worrying and nervous. 

" Yes mom. Don't worry He will like our hospitality and warm welcome. " Jonghyun squeezed her palm and said confidently. The woman immediately smiled and stared at his loving son with proud. 

" What happened Mom, is something on my face? " Jonghyun asked, puppy eyes looking at lady innocently. 

" Omo Jonghyunie, you're looking so dull and tired. If you welcome our special guest with this look , it won't be good. " The woman noticed exhaustion on her son's face. 

" Really,  am I looking this bad ? " Jonghyun asked with pout on cherry lips 

The woman laughed softly and ruffled her son's fluffy hairs affectionately. " No Darling, you still looking so cute and beautiful at my eyes but I want our first impression strong and perfect in our guest's eyes. "

" You're right " Jonghyun muttered and looked all around, " All preparations are done already, I should take a shower now . "

" Sure, go and come back quickly. All family members should be here for welcoming him. " Mrs. Kim patted his head, when Jonghyun went into room she walked at the main door for welcoming the guest. 

She smiled even wider when Minho entered inside with a gorgeous and handsome man. Her eyes wandered up to down of the man's perfect body and beautiful features. Mr. Kim also joined them after few minutes. 

" Welcome Mr. Lee, we're glad to have you here " She said cheerfully. 

Jinki smiled warmly at the lady , " Thank you so much. Please call me only Jinki. You're like mom to me " 

" Ohh " Mrs. Kim 's eyes shinning with happiness as honeyed voice dropped into her ears. " Ok, Jinki _ please come inside " She thought Jinki was really down to earth person, the man already formed a special place in old couple's heart by warm smile and gentleness. 

Jinki stepped forward, his breathing stopping within each step. His eyes wandered all around in the search of his Love. Heart filling with deep sorrow because there wasn't any sign of Jonghyun. 

" Jinki ssi _ he is my dad, Mr. Kim " Minho introduced . 

" Welcome Jinki ssi _ please make yourself at home. " Mr. Kim said warmly 

Jinki nodded with a forced smile, he still remember that Jonghyun hate Mr. Kim. He wasn't so delighted to see that man,

" Please be seated Jinki ssi " older man gestured him to sit. 

 Jinki nodded a little and sat on a soft sofa. They all started talk about journey and general things, but Jinki's eyes kept roaming all around to see Jonghyun. His eyes were distraught and restless along with heart. He came here just for Jonghyun not for any deal or contract. 

" Where is Jonghyun? " 

Jinki's heartbeats pace increased with joy and eyes shinning in happiness. He delighted when Minho finally mentioned about Jonghyun. 

" He is upstairs, getting ready maybe " Mrs. Kim answered. 

" I going to brought him here. Please excuse me for a minute " Minho said and ran at upstairs . 

" We should moved to dinning table otherwise the food will get cold. " Mrs. Kim requested and both man nodded in consentient. 

 

****

 

 

He stepped out from shower and dried himself up before grabbing a pair of pajama pants and simple shirt. He quickly wore pants and looked himself in mirror. 

Suddenly his heart skipped a bit. His breathing began to accelerated. " Why I'm feeling a very familiar presence here? Why these swings of emotions suddenly? ". He shook his head to get rid of stupid thoughts and put on the shirt. 

" Jjong.... Jjonggg... What are you doing? We already sat on dining table for dinner And you aren't even get ready yet. " 

He almost jumped when Minho appeared in his room and asked question in loud voice. 

" Jesus, Minho!!! You wanna give me heart attack? At least knocked out before enter inside " Jonghyun annoyed and rolled eyes when taller man brusted into laugh. 

" Ok _ ok pardon me Sir. Now let's go, mom dad and our client are waiting for us " Minho stepped near at him. 

" Minho _ I'm almost ready. I just have to dry my hairs. I'm coming , you go and give your client accompany " Jonghyun told and grabbed dryer from dressing table. Paying not attention when Minho pouted sadly. 

" No, you're coming with me right now . " 

" Minho don't be childish. You're a giant baby sometimes. Please go back and I will be there after few minut... Aahh...What the hell!!!!!.... Minho put me down " The pink haired man couldn't complete and yelped loudly when taller man suddenly bent and picked him up in his strong arms. 

" No... I'm not going to listen you, I'm taking you at dinning room and that's it "  Minho laughed and began taking steps out of room. 

" Minho... Stop fooling around ok! Put me down... You can't take me there like this, it will be embarrassing... " Jonghyun requested in almost pleading voice , his eyes widen and cheeks turning into red when Minho steps downstairs while carrying him in arms . 

" How can be this embarrassing ? We are BFF and I can carry you. What's wrong with it? "  

" Minho please try to understand... Yes you can carry me but not in front of strangers and random people. Ahh... Please we are almost here _ now put me down... Please "

" No _ we are already here _ just few more steps, I'm gonna carry you at dinning table " The taller one said stubbornly. 

" Minho!!! " The tiny boy helplessly whined, his hand was locking up around taller one 's neck. His face flushed in pink . " You are unbelievable... How I'm supposed to face your client now.. " He whispered and hide his face in Minho's chest , don't wanted to come in front of someone while being carried like this. 

Foot steps sound and familiar thin pretty voice dropped into Jinki's ears, his already fast beating heart started beating even faster, like about burst. He turned around almost restlessly, wanted to see his love of life so badly. 

But the sight was heartbreaking! 

The man he love was in another man's arms. His heart burns in the strong flame of jealousy and possessiveness when he saw how Minho's hands wrapped around Jonghyun's tiny body, what made him even pissed that Jonghyun's arms were also locked around Minho's neck. Smaller man kept buried his face in taller one's chest in the attempt to hide shame. 

Seeing his love in someone else's arms, his heart groaned with pain. It was because of the harshness of fate and his misdeeds that he had to bear all this silently. With great difficulty, he hid the expressions of discomfort and anger with a fake and forced smile.

His palms clenched through the mix feelings , knuckles turning into white, Heart was screaming in pain. He just wanted to grab Jonghyun from Minho's arms and kiss him right here, in front of everyone, he wanted to prove Jonghyun as his right this very moment. But he knows he couldn't do that. 

" Hahaha... What is this Minho? " Mrs. Kim laughed 

Minho freed Jonghyun from his arms and put him down. Jonghyun's cheeks were like the redness of the setting sun,  he embarrassingly flushed openly before everyone. 

" He was throwing tantrums, so I forcibly brought him here with the help of my strong arms. Haha " Minho laughed, received a slap on bicep from pissed Jonghyun. 

" Really weak " Minho replied back with a grin, Jonghyun rolled eyes and decided to ignore his cute creepy best friend. 

Jinki's heart swelled up in utter joy when Jonghyun smiled bashfully. Though his eyes were thirsty to see Jonghyun's face however his heart soaking into guilt . He was afraid and too ashamed for facing his boyfriend. But he already made the decision to stayed with determination.

He can't help when a electricity ran into his whole body when Jonghyun turned to face the guest. Their eyes met and smaller man frozen right there. He felt like his heart stopped beating while Jinki's hearts started beating rapidly. Jonghyun shivered top to toe when he found Jinki right in front of himself so suddenly. 

His large eyes widen in sudden shock , he really consider himself as mentally sick person for few seconds. Maybe he was dreaming or maybe his eyes only seeing Jinki in random people. 

He forgot all surroundings and stared at Jinki with parted lips and widen eyes. 

Jinki was also in same condition, after many days he finally able to watch Jonghyun. He knows that Jonghyun would never be happy with his appearance here. A chill ran into his spine _ In this one moment different kinds of feelings were arising in his heart, happiness,  joy, guilt, shame. 

Seeing Jonghyun frozen like if he had saw some ghost Minho let out a short laugh. 

" Jjong _ Jjong " Minho called but Jonghyun didn't responded. 

" JONGHYUN!! " He said little bit louder that had Jonghyun flinched. 

" Ah _ Yes.. Yes Min_ Minho " 

" Were you sleeping while standing here? I already called you two times. " Minho laughed . 

" Not_ Nothing. I _ I actually.. " Jonghyun stuttered. 

" Jonghyunie, Are you ok ? What happened to you suddenly? You didn't seem fine and why are you stammering like this? What happened Jjong? " Mr. Kim asked, brows frowned at sight of bothered Jonghyun. 

" I_ I'm.. " 

" How can he be fine, you brought him here without letting him dry his hairs! I think he caught cold " Mrs. Kim approached close to Jonghyun and asked Worrildly. 

" Are you really feeling cold? Are you ok Jonghyun? " 

" I'm_ I'm _ fine "  

" Are you sure ? I can take you to your room if you want to rest ? " Minho stepped forward and put a hand on Jonghyun's shoulder. 

" It's ok. I'm fine " Jonghyun answered with heavy heart. He knows his situation becoming cause of everyone's tension and worries. Tears made his vision blurry, he secretly wiped them before anyone can notice them. 

" Ok, oh yes, Meet with my special client and new friend Mr. Lee Jinki " Minho introduced him cheerful and happy voice . " And Jinki ssi... " Minho wrapped his hand around Jonghyun's waist and pulled smaller man closer. " He is Jonghyun. My best friend . "

" H_ Hello " Jinki never felt sach difficulty before. 

Jonghyun stared at him in shocking and unacceptable gaze. Jinki's throat dried up to see petit man eyes and gaze. 

" Please Be seated Jinki ssi. Shall we start our dinner ? " Mr. Kim said gently. 

They all seated on dinning table . Jonghyun was trying his best for not crying. His whole body was shaking and trembling. His heart sank into sadness and anger seeing Jinki's display of warm behavior and fake smile . 

Was his fate is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter