Chapter 6

Let it be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Appa, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, omma." Yongsun pleaded. She knelt down from the couch in the living room.

 

She reached for her mother's hand but Mrs Kim quickly pulled away from Yongsun's grip. Then, she crawled towards her father who was standing near to the sliding door. She hugged Mr Kim's legs tightly.

 

"I am sorry, appa. I didn't know that I am pregnant. Forgive me, appa. I am sorry. Have some mercy on me." Yongsun pleaded again with tears in her eyes. Her left hand gripped the end of her father's t-shirt tightly while her right hand was still faithfully wrapped around Mr Kim's leg, begging for sympathy and forgiveness. 

 

"I'm sorry, appa. I really doesn't know. I has no intention of embarrassing you and omma." She begged. Mr Kim's lips had lost his smile. Her loving gaze turned to hate. He pulled his daughter's shoulder roughly, forcing her to stand facing his two red eyes that burned with rage. Without further, Mr Kim gripped Yongsun's hair hard before he pushed her body to the floor.

 

Yongsun's heart shattered. She didn't think that her beloved father would be able to act that rough. So far, her body has never been hit by her father even once, since childhood. This is the first time Mr Kim was being that rough to her.

 

"It hurts, appa," Yongsun exclaimed as she rubbed her shoulder which hit the floor first when he pushed her. But she did not despair. She believed that his affection for her had never waned.

 

Yes, appa will forgive me. I am appa's favorite child, the only child of the family. Appa will never hate me, Yongsun whispered.

 

Yongsun crawled back to Mr Kim's feet. This time, Mr Kim kicked her body to the floor without mercy. 

 

"Ahhh!" Yongsun groaned. She hugged her body while rubbing her right arm which was sore from Mr Kim's kick. Never before had her father and mother had punished her like that. Yongsun held back her tear.

 

What was my wrongdoing? Her heart broke. Tears poured down like a broken pipe.

 

Your sin is you are a weak woman! You failed to protect your dignity and honor! You are the cause of the misery you bear now!

 

But isn’t gentleness and weakness those beautiful qualities that God has bestowed upon women? Why did she got her father's anger when man who did her was from his own gender?

 

Beautiful? You're disgusting. You were looked down upon in the eyes of society. You are chained to the wrongdoing while man who cruel to you lived freely out there. Admit that you are weak, Yong! You won't be able to withstand the currents of the world with thing that happened to you!

 

"You know the pain, Yong! But the pain you're feeling isn't as painful as your mother and father are now!" Mr Kim snapped. The love that had been radiating on his face had been completely erased. There was only anger bubbling up in his chest.

 

"All this time, we've come to you like our princess. But this is this what you give to us? " The clear water dripping on Mr Kim's wrinkled cheeks, quickly he wiped it away. Then his gaze was thrown out the door, turning away from staring at his daughter's tear-filled face. He did not want sympathy to take root in his soul.

 

The girl did not deserve their sympathy. She had broken the promise she had made before leaving for US. The religious teachings that he had instilled in her mind since childhood seemed to have been erased.

 

Yongsun was willing to trade self and family dignity, seeking temporary pleasure that deviates from their religious teachings. As a conservative parent, Mr Kim was embarrassed. He was ashamed of having a daughter like Yongsun. 

 

"What is our sin, Yong? What is our sin to have a child like you. For years we prayed, asking God to give us children. Only you are the gift. But, you broke our hearts, Yong! You destroyed our hopes!" Mrs Kim said. 

 

"I has no intentions, mom. I doesn't know. I am sorry.  apologizes. It's not my intention to hurt omma and appa. I really doesn't know that i am pregnant." Said Yongsun while sobbing.

 

"Who is the father?" Mr Kim asked.  

 

Yongsun heart was pounding. She sat and hugging her body. Her mind drifted away, remembering the unfortunate night that haunted her life. The last image she remembered was Hyuna's big closet.

 

Two masked men stormed into the room. One of them injected something into her body. She tried to fight with all her little might but to no avail. Her body fell to the floor, unable to move. Her eyes were tightly closed. Her colorful world changed dramatically.

 

As soon as she opened her eyes, her life was much better than when she closed the eyes. Her chastity has been defiled. She lost her way. Slowly she got up, walked towards the front door of Hyuna's house, hoping everything was just a nightmare and she would quickly wake up. But no! It doesn't end there. Her pain came in abundance. Eric and Sunmi sidelined herself as she hoped for their support. Now, her parenta doubt her too.

 

"Who is the father, Yongsun?!" Mr Kim asked again.

 

This time the tone was much stronger than before. He squatted in front of Yongsun. Her shoulder, her gripped so tightly, forcing Yongsun to lift her face and look at her appa. 

 

"Who???" Mr Kim yelled.

 

"I don't know, appa." said Yongsun.

 

There was a shake in her weak voice. Fear and sadness mingled within herself.

 

"Liar! You must know! Don't make up stories with me, Yong! Tell me who his father is!" urged Mr Kim.

 

"It's true. I don't know, appa. It's not what you and omma think. I was ..."

 

Pang! A slap landed on Yongsun's cheek before she could explain. The shadows of Sunmi, Eric, her father and mother alternately came into her mind.

 

Yongsun lost her mind. Her lips felt silent to speak. Only tears that never tired down the cheeks. What else can she said? The mother who gave birth to her and the father relentlessly tried to raise her, did not believe in her. What else can Yongsun expect now? Her life felt lonely even though her parents were still in front of her.

 

"Pack your clothes! Get out from this village before everyone knows. News about you has started to spread in the town. I'm ashamed, Yongsun! I'm ashamed!!! What should your mother and I said to them?" Mr Kim exclaimed fiercely.

 

"Don't kick me out, appa. I has no one else but omma and appa." Yongsun begged weakly.

 

"Don't touch me. I'm disgusted to look at your face! You're a child who doesn't realize you're lucky, you don't know how to appreciate the sacrifices of your parents!" accused Mr Kim as Yongsun wanted to reach out for his hand, begging for forgiveness.

 

"Appa, omma, pity me, please. Where do I want to go? I only has omma and appa in this world. I dont have anyone else. Please listen to my explanation." Yongsun pleaded.

 

"I said get out!" Mr Kim snarled.

 

Mrs Kim squatted next to Yongsun while Mr Kim who was still on fire continued to step into her room. Yongsun's clothes and important documents, he threw all into a suitcase.

 

"Omma" Yongsun called.

 

"Yong, don't lie to us. Tell me, who is the father. Omma and appa can meet the man's family, talk about this problem. If you doesn't want to tell who his father is, omma and appa can't help you," urged Mrs Kim.

 

No matter how angry Mrs Kim is, she is still a mother. Her love for Yongsun, it never subsided even though her heart was shattered when she received the news from the doctor who treated Yongsun about her pregnancy. Yongsun was her only child. She did not want their family to be broke.

 

"I dont know, omma."

 

As the last words came from , Mr Kim pulled his daughter to the front door. Her ped suitcase was thrown by him to the ground. Fall out all the contents. Her clothes were scattered on the ground. Mr Kim was too angry to change his mind. The door slammed hard in front of Yongsun's face.

 

"Get lost!!! I don't want to see your face again!" Mr Kim yelled from inside.

 

"Honey, she is the only our daughter," said Mrs Kim, looking out the window, seeing her only child still sobbing on the ground.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter