Chapter 11

Let it be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present, Seoul, South Korea

 

The door was pushed awide, allowing her to get out from the car. She stepped out with his left foot first. Heels as high as four inches were neatly sheathed on both sides of her legs.

 

Her body was clad in an ‘S’ size long silk dress with a black clutch held with her right hand. Her left hand was holding her phone, worried if there was an emergency call from home that she failed to answer.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Lee," Yongsun said after stepping out of the car.

 

Mr Lee nodded while carving a smile. He rarely received thanks from Sodam's other girlfriends. If not for Yongsun, he must have felt that Sodam had a bad taste in choosing his partner.

 

"Kim Yongsun!" The name was called loudly and clearly from Sodam's lips. His eyes stared at Yongsun's beautiful face which was only covered in thin make-up as always. Her long wavy hair reaching her waist was left to unravel. Neck and her wrists were bare with no jewelry. Sodam knew her style. Yongsun liked to look simple but still charming. 

 

"Hi, Sodam," Yongsun said coldly.

 

"Yongsun, wait a minute," begged Sodam before the girl stepped into a lavish hotel building adorned with neon lights that were deliberately dimmed. Sodam carved a smile, looking at Yongsun from above to down. The girl was quite beautiful in his eyes. The function hall located a bit far from Seoul city adds a romantic atmosphere with soft music from a western musician's violin. The atmosphere that Sodam was really looking forward to sitting alone with Yongsun.

 

Unfortunately, the beautiful space was flooded with hundreds of VVIP guests who were also his father's business partners. They were there for business, not personal as he had hoped.

 

"What else do you want, Sodam?" Her heart didn't bloom as Sodam expected. Instead, she resented being forced to attend a company social event at night. Already numerous times she told Sodam that she could not go out at night for fear of the safety of her daughter, Eun Byul.

 

"Thanks," said Sodam.

 

"Whatever," Yongsun replied, still walking leaving him. Sodam followed her footsteps.

 

"Got my card?" He asked. 

 

"Don't bother. I didn't even read the card. You can take it back from Mr. Lee," Yongsun replied. Sodam's hopes were a bit scratched but not shattered. He still had a dream that the girl would welcome his love. Yongsun's heart was like a crust rice. If soaked for a long time, it will be soft. At that time and then, it was easy for Sodam to dominate Yongsun. Both in work and personal matters. 

 

"I thought you weren't coming,"

 

His hand was placed on Yongsun's shoulder gently before being roughly brushed aside by the girl. Yongsun took a step back, away from the reach of his mischievous hands. Her face turned sour, irritated by Sodam's action. 

 

"Don't be ert, can you?" Yongsun pleaded, slowly but firmly.

 

Sodam just replied with a laugh, not taking seriously everything she said. Her words seemed to go into his right ear and come out again through his left ear.

 

It's only been three months since their acquainted and it's only been three months since Yongsun and Sodam worked under one roof. Unexpectedly, her employer's son had dared to touch her. After all as long as they worked together, Yongsun never treated Sodam more than the way she treated their other co-workers. Yongsun deliberately limits their relation outside, worried that someone will misinterpreted their relationship later.

 

"I just want to put this bracelet on you. There is no other intention. I just don't want you to look bland in there. Remember, you carry the image of our company. Today, I want you to look beautiful like a princess," explained Sodam while showing the bracelet he had brought with him.

 

"My hand isn't on my shoulder, Sodam," Yongsun sneered. 

 

"Is it wrong for me to be a friendly with you?" Sodam replied softly, trying to bait.

 

"What's your problem, Sodam? I really don't like your behavior! First you send this dress to my house and then urge me to come here, send a babysitter for my daughter. Now bracelet. What is your real intention, Sodam?" Said Yongsun who liked to talk straight. She didn't like to make excuses. Especially when her heart was enveloped with doubts.

 

"I just want you to look beautiful in front of our clients, Miss Kim."

 

"Firstly, I told you I can't go out at night. I'm a mother, Sodam. I don't like leaving my daughter on nights like this. Secondly, I don want to get a contract using looks likes Yewon, I used my brain. So you can keep your expensive stuff. I don't need all this! "Said Yongsun rudely before stepping inside, ahead of Sodam's steps.

 

Her cold action did not provoke Sodam's anger. Instead he attached a calm face. As soon as he had the chance, Yongsun's wrist was reached out. The bracelet he brought with him was worn on her. The girl snorted angrily.

 

"First, you look very beautiful tonight. In fact, for me you are the most beautiful woman among all the women here. Second, because you use your brain, I always support you, not Yewon. Whether you realize it or not, I am always support you, Yong. I like the way you work, "said Sodam as he adjusted his suit.

 

"Shall we?" He invited. 

 

Yongsun had to follow his steps although less pleased with his attitude. As the working ethics, like it or not, she had to follow the instructions ofrom higher-ups.

 

During her work under the leadership of President Park and his wife, this was the first time Yongsun agreed to attend a social event outside office hours. There was no doubt that the evening was loaded with their huge clients. That’s also where Yewon, her co-workers seize the opportunity to hook up a big project for their company.

 

"Look," said Sodam. Yongsun looked up.

 

Yewon's wave from afar was quite soft and seductive. She looked beautiful in a short red dress that matched the color with the belt tied around her waist. At first, Yewon carved a smirk towards Sodam.

 

Yet after realizing Yongsun's presence nearby, her smile died. After putting down her drinks, Yewon headed towards them.

 

"I thought Kim Yongsun didn't need a party like this to get big clients. Either I'm short-sighted or someone's brain is retarded," said Yewon sarcastically.

 

"I just came to see how you do part-time work outside of office hours. Just in case, if there's a big client, there must be a crocodile too. Isn't that so, Yewon-ah?" Yongsun sneered back.

 

Yewon carved a smile.

 

"So, a mother has dared to leave her small baby at home just to see me do work? Great! But who actually does part-time work? Me or you? At least I don't have to conceive a fatherless child," 

 

"You!!!" said Yongsun, furious while pointing a finger to Yewon's face which was still smiling cynically.

 

"Give a break, Yewon! If you want to find a big project here, go ahead. But don't you ever try to raise my blood. Remember, I'm still your boss," said Sodam threatened. 

 

"Omo, someone else is angry," Yewon chuckled as she stepped closer to him. Her hands were laid on top the man's chest.

 

"Why Sodamie? Am I not enough? What's wrong me?" Yewon asked softly, as if whispering in Sodam's ear.

 

"You know me well enough, Yewon. Face the fact. I'm attracted to beauty with a brain. If it's just beautiful, then ask the secretary to do her work, then it's useless," replied Sodam, also in a whispered tone. His words made Yewon's face turn sour. 

 

"After you got what you want from me, you threw me away. What do you think I am?" 

 

"Clothes maybe." Sodam replied mischievously. Yewon grunted angrily. Her gaze shifted to Yongsun who was still standing next to Sodam. 

 

"It's not enough for one child, do you intend to have another one? As cheap as I am, you are the cheapest, Yongsun. Remember, Sodam won't want to put his name behind your child's name. You're just a toy for him, Yongsun, nothing more from that," said Yewon without guilt.

 

"Hey!" reprimanded Sodam, stepping in front of Yongsun, facing Yewon.

 

"Remember your position, Yewon. Remember where you are now. I can take it all in the blink of eye." Sodam whispered again, forcing Yewon to step away from him and Yongsun.

 

"Are you okay, Yong?" Sodam asked as soon as Yewon disappeared from their sight.

 

"Dont get involve in my business with Yewon, can you? I know how to manage my things." said Yongsun. She arranged her pace, heading for the cocktail table. 

 

"Why are you so cold with me, Yong? Three months we have working together, you never treat me nicely. What's wrong with you?"

 

"You don't have to expect nice treatment from me. Enough with the women around you. I don't want to be on your long list," Yongsun sneered.

 

"Are you jealous? You want me to throw away my list? Let you be the only one I have?" 

 

Yongsun smiled sarcastically.

 

"Jealous? It doesn't matter, Sodam. It doesn't matter,"

 

"You're like a living statue, Yong. You're a human being that have no feeling, "Sodam accused. He himself did not know where the sentence earlier came from. Maybe he was too obsessed with Yongsun himself or maybe he was just challenged by the girl who often turned down his offer. Sodam himself didn't know. He was confused. To be sure, he didn't want a girl as beautiful and as wisely as Yongsun slipped out of his grasp.

 

"Is it true what did Yewon say just now?" guessed Yongsun, trying to find certainty from Sodam.

 

"What is true?" 

 

"You don't want put your name behind my daughter name? I'm just your toy?"

 

"You think?" Sodam said, wanted Yongsun looking for answer to that question by herself. 

 

"Men like you, Sodam, don't know what true love means. You're wrong if you think you can toy me. Don't let yourself be trapped by yourself. I won't accept you,"

 

"It's still too early to draw conclusions, Yong. We'll see for ourselves later, who will give up first. You or me?" Sodam replied.

 

The eyes of Yongsun and Sodam meeting each other, made his heart pounding for a moment. But Yongsun remained calm. She was never lulled into a taste for the man in front of her. Yongsun's heart belongs to Eun Byul. She shifted her gaze towards other side. 

 

"Chairman Moon has arrived," said Yongsun.

 

Sodam looked back, seeing the owner of the name Yongsun had mentioned. Chairman Moon, a famous man in the business arena in Korea. His assets probably be able to accommodate more than five generations to come.

 

Many young entrepreneurs set him as role model. He was admired for being able to start up on his own. His wealth did not come from his heritage but from his hard work since he was young without knowing the meaning of despair.

 

"Who are you looking for?" Yongsun asked when she realized that Sodam's eyes were wide open searched to some men who were walking near the chairman. 

 

"Moon Minhyuk?" She asked again, tried to guess after he refused to answer her question. She pursed her lips to a tall man.

 

"He just came in," she said again. She could recognised Minhyuk easily. 

 

"That's older brother. I'm looking for the youngest brother, Byulyi. He was my old friend, I haven't seen him in years," Sodam said without being asked.

 

"Byulyi?" said Yongsun, almost laughing. "You mean Moon Byulyi, the second child?"

 

Sodam just nodded. "Why are you laughing?"

 

"He canceled our appointment many times. Our new project didn't seem to move because of him. Fortunately, Chairman Moon handed over the project to Minhyuk to manage. After Minhyuk handled the project, everything went according to plan," said Yongsun. 

 

"So, you like to work with Minhyuk now? Be careful, Yong, that man is someone's husband." Sodam teased.

 

"Not just anyone's husband, he is my best friend's husband, Chorong," said Yongsun.

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes," Yongsun admitted. "After all, I didn't manage the project alone. I managed it with Changsub. I never talked to Moon Minhyuk. Changsub managed the discussion. I just prepared the paperwork."

 

"So, you can't get to know Minhyuk better, can you?" said Sodam in a joking tone.

 

"I don't even want to. I only saw him at Chorong's wedding and on the front page of business magazine. That's it. Most surprisingly, he was a Stanford University student too. The world is really small, isn't it," she added.

 

Sodam returned the smile. Unexpectedly, the girl next to him had studied at Stanford. That's right, this world was really small, Sodam whispered. He himself had come down to Stanford several times while still studying in US before, meeting his friends who studied there.

 

The sound of chime heard from her phone canceled her desire to take a sip the water in front of her. She quickly checked the newly received text. Her eyes widened as she read the brief text. 

 

"Sodam, who exactly is Jisoo that you sent to me?" Yongsun asked before biting her lip, holding back her anger. Her question was not answered. He snatched her phone then read the text. 

 

Tell Sodam, don't fool me again! I'm not a babysitter who can take care of your kid. This naughty girl doesn't want to sit still. I had to send her there. Pick her up outside the hotel - Jisoo

 

"Who is she, Park Sodam?"

 

"Yong, actually I didn't have time to find a babysitter to take care of Eun Byul. So, I had to send Jisoo there. I know you won't come if no one watches Eun Byul at home. I don't intend ..."

 

"One of your girlfriends? You sent your girlfriend to my house to take care of Byulie? A woman who doesn't know how to take care of a little girl?" Guess Yongsun didn't interested in hearing Sodam's explanation. 

 

"Yong, listen to my explanation first," Sodam pleaded as he tried to pull her arm.

 

Quickly Yongsun dodged. Her arm was beyond his reach. Mixed of anxiety and anger.

 

"What's the other explanation? You really don't care for others except your stomach, Sodam. How could you do this to me!" said Yongsun fiercely.

 

"Let me call Jisoo. I'm sure she sent this text wrong. She wouldn't want to leave EunByul alone outside in this cold condition. It's impossible for Jisoo to be so cruel," said Sodam earnestly. But Yongsun's heart was still embroidered with suspicion. It difficult for her to believe his words.

 

"How long have you known her, Sodam?"

 

Sodam went silent. It's hard to describe that in less than a month he knew Jisoo. He met the girl in a club about three weeks ago. His lips locked tightly, giving no answer to the question Yongsun asked him.

 

"Don't be like this, Yong. I'm sure she will be safe," Sodam said, trying to calm Yongsun down.

 

"Easy for you to say that because she is not your daughter!" said Yongsun. 

 

She hurriedly ran out to the big

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter