Chapter 1

21st Century Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1:

Duties and Love

 

It’s been confirmed! Kiwi / South Korean Equestrian and Two Time Olympic Gold Medalist, Jennie Kim is engaged to her Thai girlfriend of 1 year, Lisa M., famous fashion photographer.

This also confirms that Jennie Kim is a lesbian, and her management has told the Pispatch Website, that she is proud to be part of the LGBTQIA community and plans to give back to the community through sponsoring Korean athletes who are struggling to come out and follow their passion, by giving them the funding and protection they need and deserve.

Cheers and best wishes for the couple!

 

“Cheers and best wishes~” The woman who was scrolling on her phone, the headlines of the marriage of two known celebrities, suddenly says the words sarcastically.

She tossed and turned in her huge fancy bed, in her big fancy room, the fancy important woman wanted to sleep more, but a knock on the door already signaled her that she can’t sleep anymore for the day.

“Your Royal Highness?” Her chief of staff, Bada, greets her from the door that separated the princess, from her entire staff.

Wendy, the princess and future queen of South Korea, sighed and now sat up.

“You can enter.” She told her chief of staff.

Bada entered, and began to bow to the princess, some of the staff that included the head dresser, maids for the princess also entered and bowed to the beautiful blue blood.

“Where’s my breakfast?” She asks her chief of staff.

It was her daily routine before she does her princess duties, Princess Wendy will have her breakfast in her room, but it seems like it was not the day today.

“Um…your grandfather, the King, wanted to eat breakfast with you today, Your Royal Highness.” Her chief of staff, who was nervous around the princess who was known for her temper, struggled to speak.

Since Princess Seungwan or Princess Wendy to her friends and the media, hated having breakfast, lunch, dinner and…generally just speaking with her grandfather who only spoke about duties and the Crown to his heir to the throne and granddaughter.

Wendy took a deep breath and now stood from her bed.

“Fine, let me get dress.” She surprisingly didn’t have a temper this morning.

 

THE ROSE PALACE, BREAKFAST DINING HALL

 

“This is just simply unacceptable! While the rich led by the Monarchs are having the entire cake to themselves, we the middle and poor class have to share the teenie slice of cake they left for us!”

“Honestly, why do we even need the Monarchs as rulers! South Korea is now a 21st century 1st world country! If anything, the credit for this country’s achievement, is because of us! Not the rich people! Not the King! And certainly not the system who only priorities those who have fat corrupt wallets and bank accounts!”

An old man, who had circular glasses, dressed in his blue sweater and gray pants finished with the worn out brown loafers he wore, snickered as he shut the television with his remote.

“This is the spokesperson activist who is making my satisfactory rate from these “so called Royal polls” from 59% percent to 41% percent?” The old king asks his own chief of staff, Shindong.

“Y-Yes Your Majesty….this man named Heechul, has been a very outspoken activist against the higher class and even you, Your Majesty…and-“

“Lemme guess, that prick will run in the upcoming congress election?” The full of experience old king now put his hands on his pocket as he walked to his dining chair.

He knew all people…well not most…but certain type of people who used him for criticism, usually have their own agenda…

This man is one of them and now gritted his teeth.

In his 50 years as ruler, the man believes he is not what the media is branding him to be.

King Byeongho Son, 71 years old.

The 79th Ruler and King of the Republic of South Korea, or also known as the Smiling Ruler, since he had a smiling resting face, had a lot of achievements. One of the things he is proud of is that he was able to make the warring North and South Korea’s relations better.

Most of the families who were separated during the tension, are now even allowed to visit their families in the borders.

In his leadership as well, divorce was allowed now in the country.

He also have made studying affordable to all classes, that he even has a Bright Sun Scholarship, a scholarship offered by the king himself to hardworking and intelligent college students that allows them to study at any school they want in South Korea for free.

But the king is being criticized as well for his now considered ist remarks, such as not agreeing to the Same- relationships, classifying LGBTQIA as 3rd class citizens and also that he was found out to be good friends with the found guilty shipping billionaire tycoon who “somehow” escaped South Korea few months ago.

“According to our team…most probably yes, Your Majesty.” Shindong, the King’s Chief of Staff, nodded.

“Seriously…this is why I hate the 21st Century, back then…not that I wanted to control the information…it’s just I’d rather have few channels of media…CREDIBLE MEDIA….where they would show the 2 sides…not just this prick’s side…this is why the people become so gullible….because this so called media are dictating everything.” The king complained.

“Your majesty? Her Royal Highness, Princess Seungwan is here.” The Head of Security announces.

“Let her in.” The old king spoke.

Shindong moves to the side, as the princess dressed in a more formal wear now entered, she went to the middle to greet her grandfather with a respectful bow.

“Hello, Your Majesty.” She greeted him as king before as her grandfather.

“Seungwan, come on it’s just us…you can just call me Grandpa.” The old affectionate King now tries to melt his very courteous and respectful heir to the throne and granddaughter, Seungwan.

“I’d rather not, your majesty.” She coldly tells him.

The king chooses to ignore this and now laughs.

“Shindong, prepare the breakfast for me and my grandchild.” He now sat on his chair.

“Yes, Your Majesty.” He nodded and ran outside of the dining hall.

The princess sat opposite to the king in the table.

The two didn’t speak, appetizer, main course, and dessert….were filled with only with the click and clacks of the two royals’ utensils and plates.

The princess finally finishes her dessert, and now spoke.

“Your Majesty, can I leave now?” She asks.

The princess’ grandfather laughs again, as if he can’t believe the little girl who was so affectionate to him 20 years ago, was now a very serious, cold hearted lady.

“Seungwan…you’re 27 now, don’t you think it’s time for you to get a husband and marry?” He suddenly asks.

The princess stared at the king with so much contempt.

“Why? Because you’re approval rating’s dropping and you want me to serve as a diversion tactic?” She asks the king.

The king now held his chin on the hands he laid on the dining table, and stared seriously at her.

“Yes, also…it’s time you get married for allegiance too, to produce an heir….since you will be the Queen in a few years.” The king tells the princess.

“All those things…you just mentioned…are things I don’t dream to be or dream to have.” The princess now glared again and finally stood.

She bowed in respect to the king, as she said her farewell and now was exiting the Rose Palace’s Dining Hall’s big arched door.

“Remember you have that interview, for the opening of the museum for your late parents, this morning, okay?” His grandfather tells the princess before she leaves the room.

“Yes, Your Majesty.” The heir to the throne and future Queen answered and now finally left.

 

SMALL CONDO UNIT, LIVING /DINING ROOM

A woman nearing her 26th birthday, comes out of her room and now sees her mother and sister preparing for breakfast…well it was her mother who was preparing the breakfast, while her younger sister, Yeri, was watching the rally the known activist, Heechul conducted yesterday.

“So please join us tomorrow, in a peaceful rally that we will do in order to make the King either admit he let his own corrupt rich friend free or he steps down from his positon as King if he doesn’t do so.”

“Mom, where’s the breakfast, I need to go now! My friends are waiting for me since we will join the rally-“She gets a flick from her elder sister.

“Yah, mom, Joohyun unnie flicked my head!” The youngest complained.

“Hey, is this what I get for breaking my back, working three jobs for a wannabe activist who doesn’t even get to C+ on the easiest college subject…which is P.E. ?” Her sharp tongue older sister, Joohyun complained while pouring herself a coffee in the morning.

Joohyun disliked coffee since she was a child, but in her position as the breadwinner for her ill mother and sister who was “studying” in college…she needed that wake me up…even if she hated it.

“Unnie! This is for the good of the country! How can you allow such a corrupt King stay in his throne, while most probably having caviar for his breakfast, while we the poor leveled class are suffering?” Yeri the passionate wannabe activist shouts.

“Spell caviar?” Their mother joins in the teasing.

Joohyun was now smiling at her mother.

“Th-that doesn’t matter right now! I’m going to join the rally later!” Yeri announces and stood up the kitchen dining table to change.

“Ah!!!” She gets a twist in the arm by the stronger but smaller sister of her, Joohyun.

“Unnie let go it hurts!” Yeri was now weeping as she fall on the floor because of the pain.

Joohyun now lessens her tight grip but uses her knee to subdue the younger girl.

“Real activists make sure their grades don’t fail before they rally! If you ever go to there, I will make sure you won’t use this arm ever again, and you will sleep outside of this house for the rest of your life!” Yeri’s older sister shouts.

“Fineeeeee, I’m sorry.” The younger one weeps.

“Seriously, instead of going to which I know purposeful rallies, why don’t you study well and take care of your ill mother.” Joohyun now glared as she stretches her hardworking body.

“Yerimah, listen to your sister, it’s also not safe….you never know what can happen in those gathering, the least you can do is be another headache to Joohyun…also Joohyun I will have a check-up later…if the diagnosis gets better….I might go back to work…you know just selling kimchi and-“

“Mom!” The two girls complained.

“You can’t go back, if I have to work another job, for you I’ll do it!” Joohyun now runs to hug her mother.

“Yeah, I’ll find the 4th job for unnie.” Yeri teases.

“Seriously Joohyun, I’m fine…you sacrificed a lot already….you are working already as the dishwasher for the restaurant, the appliance shop, on top of that cleaner in that fancy hotel right?” Her mother pouts.

“So?” Joohyun raises her eyebrow at the mother she loves and worries for.

“So…this time you should have graduated already if not for your sick mom and your “great” father who abandon us and left us with so many debts.”

“Mom I told you don’t say bad words.” Joohyun frowns at the word her mother said.

Father….

A word she no longer trusts…

She then goes back to her coffee mug to drink.

“Also, mom, if you’re just worrying because of the debts we have, don’t worry I’ll get my 1st paycheck as a cleaner for Daisy Hotel, it’s quite large so we can payoff some of those darn loans your husband left us.” Joohyun says with such conviction.

PINK ROSE EXHIBIT GALLERY

“Princess Seungwan Son, or known to the public as Princess Wendy, since she came back to South Korea after studying 5 years in Oxford University, where she got her Economics and Master’s degree.”

“The only child of the 2nd son of the King, who tragically died along with his wife, in the famous search for their private jet the Prince piloted himself that sunk in the ocean.”

“The princess was just 10 years old, when the bodies of her royal parents were found in the 101st day of search.”

“According to the divers, they found the lovely, kind, and generous parents who are known for their own charity works together, still buckled to their sits, while hand holding inside the sunken private jet.”

“Princess Wendy herself, now 27 years old, has now rose to a beautiful athletic woman known for her own charity works, last year she took over the Pink Rose Charity her parents created, for the underprivileged children.”

“ A vocal champion of women’s rights, she is also known as the Farming Princess, since she would prefer spending her days around the provincial parts of the country, where she would visit and reward farmers with new equipment to assist them for their crops.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter