# 39

My Hot Babe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"What happened?" Sungmin says.

"He started crying..." Donghae says. "It's always this... he cries about... I hate it..."

Donghae called Sungmin. If he could join him for a coffee. But they're just sitting in the car.  Donghae thought... he's their manager. Hyukjae's cousin. So he would understand both sides.

"Wait... he's crying and... you just left?" Sungmin says.

"No! He hid in the bedroom so... I told him we could talk about it later..."

"What did he say?"

"Okay."

"Well... you know how he feels..."

"Yeah," Donghae says. "But we've been married for years now... am I supposed to hide him and the fact that I'm married forever? Do we have to hide so much? Fans don't even care about following me to airports or work schedules..."

"But some reporters might... if they find out you're with your spouse somewhere. That would be big news, your spouse's identity... especially if they can tell the man is not a friend."

The assumption everyone made... is that Donghae's married to a woman. He didn't like it. But it meant Hyukjae could be mistaken for a friend. A manager. Staff. Whatever.

If they're out on the beach though... or having a romantic dinner... or strolling somewhere nice... and if someone recognized him... they might wonder. Whether Hyukjae is just a friend.

"What are the chances of anyone seeing us? We've been fine all these years."

"Because Hyukjae hides well?"

"I don't like that he has to do that for me!"

"Hey..." Sungmin says. Pats his arm. "It's okay. You guys will work it out."

Donghae rubs his eyes.

 

----

 

He heads home after dropping Sungmin off. He's nervous.

Honestly. He might just give in. But Hyukjae might too. Donghae doesn't even know. What he prefers would happen. If Hyukjae says yes... then he'll still be very anxious. And Donghae very regretful.

If Hyukjae says no... he will feel bad. And Donghae will feel bad. Because it will have to do with him being Lee Donghae. Not about the anniversary trip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter