Prologue Happy Life Gone Wrong?

Secret Admirer (inspired by TVXQ’s Wrong Number)

*It’s another day. Eum Yoonjin wakes up and finds the spot beside her on the bed empty. She sighs.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Typical Inyeop oppa. He’s probably out doing gang business again.

 

*Eum Yoonjin gets up from bed, stretches, and yawns. She heads to the kitchen and finds a handwritten note on the counter.

 

Eum Yoonjin: What’s this? 

 

*The note reads “Sorry love there was an urgent matter I had to attend. Have a good day at work today! Love you, my love <3 Inyeop”

 

Eum Yoonjin: *clutches the note to her chest* He’s so sweet. What can I do with this man?

 

*Eum Yoonjin looks at the clock

 

Eum Yoonjin: Damn it it’s 8! I’m already late to open the store!!

 

*Eum Yoonjin quickly gets ready for work and runs to work. She finally arrives at Happy Mart and finds-

 

Eum Yoonjin: Hyunwook?

 

Choi Hyunwook: Oh nuna, good morning!

 

Eum Yoonjin: Did you open the store today?

 

Choi Hyunwook: Yup I figured I’ll open the store for you anyway since you’re always late and all.

 

Eum Yoonjin: OMG thank you Hyunwook!! You’re a lifesaver!

 

Choi Hyunwook: *tsks* Typical nuna, you always sleep in

 

Eum Yoonjin: Ya!! *hits his shoulder hard*

 

Choi Hyunwook: Ow , nuna, you hit so hard!

 

Eum Yoonjin: Excuse me?

 

*Choi Hyunwook sticks his tongue out at her

 

Choi Hyunwook: I should get going now. Bye, nuna!!

 

Eum Yoonjin: Bye Hyunwook yah!! Thank you! How can I repay you?

 

Choi Hyunwook: You don’t need to! *waves*

Eum Yoonjin: What do you mean by that? Choi Hyunwook!! Ya!!

 

*Choi Hyunwook motorcycles off before Eum Yoonjin could say another word

 

Eum Yoonjin: That boy seriously…

 

*Eum Yoonjin shakes her head and heads back inside the store. It’s now 5 pm. Time for her to finish her shift. Suddenly the store doorbell rings, footsteps are heard, and a familiar voice calls out to her.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Love

 

*Eum Yoonjin looks up to the till countertop and finds her loving fiance Hwang Inyeop in front of her smiling.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, what are you doing here? *runs to hug him*

 

Hwang Inyeop: Just came to see my fiancee.

 

Eum Yoonjin: You left so early this morning.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Sorry love had things to do. Are you ready to go?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Yup one sec…. *to Jung Soojin* I’m leaving!! 

 

*Eum Yoonjin takes off her work apron and grabs her belongings

 

Jung Soojin: Bye unne, have fun! *to Hwang Inyeop* Take good care of unne, brother-in-law.

 

*Hwang Inyeop leaves the store and doesn’t say another word. Eum Yoonjin replies for him.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Don’t worry he will! See you! Take care of the store well Soojin ah! 

 

Jung Soojin: Leave it up to me, unne!!

 

*Eum Yoonjin nods and leaves the store with Hwang Inyeop.

 

Later…

 

*Hwang Inyeop and Eum Yoonjin are having dinner with the in-laws.

 

Mother-in-law: Thank you for being with my son for the past six years. If it weren’t for you he wouldn’t become more of a human unlike now.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I’ll do my best to make him and our baby happy, eomonim.

 

*Eum Yoonjin grabs his hand and smiles. He shrugs her hand away. He suddenly leaves the scene.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Huh? What the-

 

Father-in-law: Don’t worry about him, dear. He’s always like that. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: I see… *looks down*

 

*Mother-in-law suddenly grabs her hand overjoyed by the news of her pregnancy

 

Mother-in-law: Omo did I hear correctly? You’re pregnant?

 

Eum Yoonjin: *nods* Yes five weeks pregnant. 

 

Father-in-law: You have our blessings dear. Take good care of our son.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I will. *smiles*

 

*Eum Yoonjin separates ways with the in-laws and looks for Hwang Inyeop. She finds him smoking in the alleyway.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, didn’t I tell you to stop smoking?

 

*Eum Yoonjin grabs the cigarette from him and steps on it with her foot 

 

Hwang Inyeop: What do you think you are doing?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Don’t you know what you are doing is harming our baby?

 

Hwang Inyeop: So?

 

Eum Yoonjin: So? Is that all you’re going to say? You don’t care about us and our future?

 

Hwang Inyeop: *softens* Love, please

 

Eum Yoonjin: How could you do that to me? I thought you loved me and-

 

*Hwang Inyeop hugs her 

 

Hwang Inyeop: I’m sorry love I’m so sorry. It’s just that I was surprised by the sudden news and I didn’t know how to- *stutters*

I-I-I-I don’t know if I can be a good father.

 

Eum Yoonjin: What are you talking about, oppa? You’ll be a great father I know it.

I know you will.

You’re a good man, oppa. You make me the happiest girl in the entire world.

I love you, oppa.

 

*Hwang Inyeop doesn’t say another word and slams his lips against hers. She kisses him back.

 

The next morning…

 

*Hwang Inyeop left early and Eum Yoonjin wakes up earlier than usual so she won’t be late for work again. She checks the mail as soon as she wakes up but to her surprise, she finds a strange note in the mail. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Huh? What’s this?

 

*Eum Yoonjin opens the note and reads it. She drops the mail in shock at what was written inside. The note reads “You can run but you can’t hide. I’m always watching you... -Secret Admirer”