Is that a challenge?

When Blood Meets Silver

Hyunjin's phone vibrated in her back pocket, distracting her for a second, enough for Heejin to successfully land a punch right in her face.

", I'm so sorry!" Heejin gasped, and rushed to check on her.

Hyunjin let out a mix of a hiss from the pain and a chuckle, reaching for her phone while massaging her cheek. "Don't worry, my fault. Good punch, though."

[Hyejoo]
Come, she's ready

"Let's go, Chaewon's turned!" Hyunjin said, dashing to the door of the training house, and the others followed.

Sprinting, they reached Hyunjin's house in a few seconds. She barged the door open, marveling at Chaewon's eyes.

"Wow," Jiwoo mumbled behind them as they approached them.

"Have you fed?" Hyunjin asked.

Chaewon shook her head, and Hyunjin rushed to the kitchen to get a bottle. "Do it, it's time."

Eager hands stole the bottle from her hands, and she chugged the blood down in just a few gulps. No one could stop staring at her eyes - a beautiful shade between green and blue, like mint, a color Hyunjin had never seen in a vampire's eyes. She would never fully understand how vampires got their eye color, but somehow, they always seemed to perfectly suit the owner.

"How do you feel?" Hyunjin asked, taking the empty bottle from her hands.

"Better. Not sick anymore. When can I start training?"

Hyunjin chuckled. "Calm down, your senses will take longer to sharpen."

Hyejoo didn't let go of her hand for even a second, and kept staring at her girlfriend's eyes in pure awe.

"What am I supposed to do, then?"

"First, let your hand heal. It should take only a few hours. Then we can start."

"Chaewon's what?!" Yerim and Yeojin said at the same time.

Chaewon nodded with a proud smile. "Check this out." She closed her eyes, and a couple seconds after, mint orbs stared back at the girls.

"Holy !" Jinsol breathed, just as surprised

"Your hand, what about your hand?" Haseul widened her eyes at it.

The smile turned into a beam as Chaewon raised her right hand. "Good as new. Well, still missing two fingers, but it's healed. I can move it and it doesn't hurt anymore."

Haseul sighed, relaxing in her chair. "That's great."

Hyunjin observed from her armchair as Yerim and Yeojin bombarded Chaewon with questions - when, why, how, who did it. Chaewon took her time to explain, and it eventually got to the part about...

"You're together?!" Yerim gasped. "Like... for real, real?"

"Yes, we are." Hyejoo proudly held Chaewon's hand.

Yerim stared at them and sniffed, pretending to wipe a tear. "I'm so happy for you."

"I wonder who's next..." Hyunjin mumbled into the air, not being subtle looking at Jinsol.

"You!" Yeojin pointed at her.

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow, pointing at herself as well. "Me?" She shared a look with Heejin, who visibly contained a smile. "But... we are. Oh, wait, you didn't know."

Yeojin's chin dropped. "You are?!" She jumped on her feet and stomped her way to Hyunjin, smacking her wherever her small fists would land. "You didn't tell me, how did you expect me to know?!"

"I don't know, you could have sensed it or something!"

Yeojin stopped, pouting. "We haven't been together much lately, and the times we did were too tense... and lots of things were happening."

Hyunjin pulled the girl into her lap and hugged her while patting her head. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I should have told you. You were the first to guess it, after all."

"She was?" Heejin asked.

"Yeah, I was. Hyunjin never bothered hiding it."

"Hey, you talk as if I was constantly, I don't know, staring at her or something."

Yeojin started laughing so hard and so loud, she almost fell down Hyunjin's lap as she clapped. "But you were constantly staring at her!"

A collective laugh erupted between the girls, and Hyunjin could only roll her eyes, feeling the heat creeping under her cheeks. "Alright, what about that Yuna girl? You still haven't told me about her."

She stopped laughing, and glaring at Hyunjin, she stood up and went back to her seat next to Haseul. "I'm sure you have more important things to talk about."

"I will not forget about it, Yeojin." Hyunjin narrowed her eyes at her. "But you're right. In fact, we're all gathered here because I wanted everyone to be together before tomorrow."

"Why? What's happening tomorrow?" Haseul asked.

"We're attacking the Blood Alliance."

Haseul and Yeojin shared a look. "You what?"

Hyunjin proceeded to explain the meeting with Vivi and how she asked them to help.

"Tomorrow we'll meet with her again in the afternoon to discuss the attack, and then at night, we go," Hyunjin said. "It's not like this is a goodbye dinner or anything, we will all come back safe and sound, but I wanted to be with you all, and also to tell you about Chaewon."

"Someone had told me Vivi had an important meeting recently, but I didn't know with whom or why," Yerim said, chin still dropped.

"Can't I go?" Yeojin asked, pleading eyes at Hyunjin.

"Absolutely not," Hyunjin and Haseul said at the same time.

Yeojin huffed, crossing her arms.

"Sometimes I think you have a death wish..." Haseul shook her head. "But, are you guys sure you can trust the Silver Blades?"

All eyes were on Hyunjin. "Our goal is the same. I think it's safe to say we trust each other, even if just for tomorrow."

"I just really want everyone to be okay."

"We will be. And don't worry, we'll keep you updated, before and as soon as it's all over."

"Tomorrow..." Jinsol said. "Will things really be over?"

"I'm gonna do everything in my power so it really is the end. But for now, let's eat and have some quality time together."

After lots of hugs and words of encouragement, Jinsol, Yerim, Haseul, and Yeojin left. The girls, tired after a long day of training, went to bed to get proper rest before the big day. Chaewon was doing amazing, adapting well and fast to her senses.

Hyunjin laid down, waiting for Heejin to join her. The mattress dove beside her, and Heejin scooted closer, resting her head on her favorite spot.

"Are you nervous?" Hyunjin asked.

"I thought I would be, but I'm not," Heejin said. "Neither am I scared. Having the Silver Blades on our side is giving me safety. Not that I didn't feel safe before! But we won't need to battle two enemies, and we have way more allies by our side."

"I know. I really feel like we can do it, finish it for good."

Heejin supported herself on her elbow and looked at Hyunjin, her face serious. "Just like the other time, I want you to promise me you'll always do your best to stay safe. I don't... I don't wanna lose you."

Hyunjin sat up and cupped her cheeks, holding her gaze. "You won't lose me. I promise I'll be safe, and you promise me the same."

"I do."

Approaching, Hyunjin kissed her lips, slow and tender and caring. But Heejin was fast to deepen it, kissing back with much more urgency and passion. Her hands gripped on Hyunjin's arms, sending a chill down her back as she tried to keep up because of how sudden it was. Hyunjin pulled away to in a breath, and opening her eyes, her yellow ones met Heejin's pink.

"I still haven't found out how it really feels," Heejin whispered, Hyunjin's empowered senses turning it into a shout into the silence of their room.

Hyunjin grabbed Heejin's shoulders to lay her down, crawling on top of her and keeping the distance between their lips almost null.

"You're letting me lead this time?" Hyunjin irked an eyebrow when Heejin didn't fight back.

"If you think you can do it properly, I'll let you."

Hyunjin's nostrils flared. "Is that a challenge?"

Heejin smirked, a finger tracing her jawline. "I'll be extra good to you if you do a good job, but I'm very hard to please."

"Now that's a straight up lie, miss," Hyunjin said, proving herself correct when Heejin hissed and dug her nails on her skin as she kissed her neck, just below her ear, where she loved the most.

In all honesty, Hyunjin loved when Heejin was dominant (always). But getting challenged would always fire up her competitive spirit. She kissed and nibbled and on her neck, feeling her fangs grow already.

"H-Hyunjin," Heejin called, her body jerking underneath hers when Hyunjin's hands reached further up her stomach.

Hyunjin rose, looking down at the mess of beautiful pink eyes, red cheeks, and Heejin's fangs also long and sharp, peeking out of her parted lips. And that sight alone was enough to set Hyunjin's body on fire.

"This is for teasing me the first time," Hyunjin said, grabbing on her chin and getting closer again to kiss her, as careful as she could because of their fangs. "Do you still think I'm weak?"

Panting, Heejin smirked again. "Yep, I'm doing just fine."

Hyunjin clenched her jaw, the provocation clearly working on her.

Clothes flew. Hands roamed and lips kissed everywhere they could. Hyunjin's own senses overwhelmed her, clouded her mind, but she kept going, carried on, making Heejin a mess under her.

"Hyunjin," she called in a hoarse breath. "Bite me."

Hyunjin slowed down, an irked eyebrow at her. "W-What?"

"Bite my neck. Vampires can bite others, yeah?"

"Yeah, but..."

"Just do it!" Heejin hissed, suddenly aggressive.

Hyunjin's heart hammered her chest, but she went for her neck nonetheless. Inhaling deep, the smell of Heejin's blood filled her nose, making her mind spin. In normal circumstances, vampire blood wouldn't have this kind of effect in other vampires. But these weren't normal circumstances.

She closed her eyes and parted her lips, running her tongue through her neck, hot and pulsing, before she surrendered and sunk her fangs through her skin.

And it was something Hyunjin had never felt before. Something so powerful, so strong, it sent her eyes wide open, her whole body tense, her free hand to grasp hard on the sheets, to contract with the raw grunt that wanted to escape, both from the pleasure, the taste of her blood, and pain from how hard Heejin's nails scratched her back. Heejin's whole body trembled under hers, her loud moan coming muffled as she tried to contain it.

Telling herself to stop, Hyunjin snapped out of it and released herself from Heejin's neck, dropping her body next to hers. For the following seconds, fast breaths filled the room.

"I thought I was gonna die," Heejin said.

Hyunjin cracked a laugh. "Weak."

A finger pressed against Hyunjin's lips, wiping the blood that dripped from them. "I hope you know I want to do the same."

Hyunjin turned her neck to face Heejin. "I know."

"How does it feel?"

"You'll have to find out by yourself."

---

A/N: Ever since I wrote The Phases of Kim Hyunjin, I wanted to write a real bite scene (the one where Hyunjin tries to save Heejin doesn't count ahahah), and finally, here it is DIFBNSIDGBSIDGBAI hope it was as intense as I wanted it to be!

THE FINAL BATTLE STARTS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER WOOOOO HERE WE GO

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic
Ko-Fi -  ko-fi.com/itzloonatic