Fin

You Make Me Feel Safe



The day had finally arrived. A few months ago momo and Sana had decided to take a short Summer vacation just the two of them for the first time, away from their kids, also known as the Legends.

They said their goodbyes, chose mina to be in charge of the Waverider and took the jump ship with them. Destination: a small Greek village where no one would be able to find and bother them.

Once at the beach resort and after going through check-in, the couple got to their room.

"Oh my God, babe! Come look at the view!" Momo said in glee once she approached the big windows of the living room. "I have to see this up close!" she added mostly to herself before opening the doors that led to the spacious balcony. She leaned her body against the railing, beaming like a child on Christmas Eve. Her eyes cast over the landscape, trying to soak all the details in. The people having fun in the pool area, how well she could see the deep blue sea, how she could hear laughter mixing with the sound of the waves crashing against the sand. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, content to simply be in the moment.

Momo and Sana go on their first Summer vacation together. Queue the soft scenes.
Her face broke into a smile when she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind, followed by a warm body pressing against her back.

"Mhm, I already have the best view right here," sana murmured, pressing a kiss at the top of momo's spine.

Momo laughed softly before turning around, "You're smooth," she said, giving sana a quick smooch.

"Come on little lady, we need to unpack," momo told her as she walked out of her grasp.

"Ugh, do we have to? We just got here," sana complained as she followed behind. It personally made no sense to her to unpack their things for just a week, but she wasn't surprised when momo suggested it.

Momo picked up the suitcase and placed it on top of their bed. "Yes we do. The sooner we do it, the sooner we can just enjoy ourselves."

Sana sighed, dropping into the kingsize bed. "Have you seen the size of this thing? We could be doing much more interesting things instead," she said, batting her eyelashes at her girlfriend.

momo chuckled at the remark, "Is that all you think about, sana?"

Sana let out a huff before turning around to lay on her stomach, head propped on her elbows. "No."

Momo narrowed her eyes at her, knowing full well she was right.

It left sana rolling her eyes, "Okay fine, I do think about it a lot. But only because it involves you, baby. Not my fault my girlfriend is so hot."

And that does it, in a few words she turns momo into a blushing mess.

Momo and Sana go on their first Summer vacation together. Queue the soft scenes.


"Yeah, yeah," momo said, grabbing some underwear from the suitcase and throwing it at sana, "Just help me put these in the drawers, will you? Maybe you'll get a small reward in the end for being so helpful," she added with a smirk.

Sana smirked back at her, getting up and out of the bed. She stopped once she was next to momo placing her hands on her waist. "Mo, come on baby. It's just a week, we don't need to unpack," she whispered, followed by a trail of lingering kisses up momo neck. "Just leave it be," sana added once was inches away from her girlfriend's.

Momo nodded, eyes falling to momo's mouth before fluttering shut as she felt their lips touching. She moaned at the sweet and familiar taste, tracing the seam of sana lips with her tongue as her hands moved to the back of the sana neck, holding her in place.

A smile formed on her lips as she drew a moan from sana breaking the kiss so they could both catch a breath. Sana smiled back at her, bumping their noses together.

"Okay, I guess you're right. There's no point in unpacking."

Sana laughed at that. "And all it took to convince you was a couple of kisses. I guess I really am that powerful."

Momo smiled sheepishly, tickling her on the sides. Saba immediately squirmed away from her, stepping back until her knees hit the edge of the bed, making her lose balance. As she did she reached out grabbing sana hand, pulling the taller woman down on top of her.

She started peppering momo's neck with small nibbles, tickling her skin.

"Baby!" Sana laughed, squealing and trying to get away from her. "Momoring, time out, time out."

Momo took pity on her and stopped, lifting her head to look down at sana. "I love it when you laugh like that."

Sana blushed at the confession, smiling softly at her girlfriend. "Like what?"

"Like there's not a single worry in your mind," momo explained, her right hand moving to sana cheek, "So carefree."

Sana cupped momo face, tucking her hair behind her ears to uncover her beautiful face. "You make me feel that way."

Momo smiled fondly before pressing a couple of gentle kisses on her lips before speaking, "I was thinking we could go to the sea after this," she mentioned with a hopeful expression. That hope soon faded away once she saw how all the colour drained from her girlfriend's face at her words.

"Uh… I don't know. I think I will take the chance to catch some sun by the pool area. Just lounge on one of the chairs," sana provided, averting her gaze from momo.

Momo frowned at her strange behavior. "What's the matter? You don't seem well," she stated, sitting up and moving away so that sana could sit next to her on the bed. Once sana was sitting down next to her, momo rubbed her small back to offer comfort while her free hand tilted sana face in her direction.

As soon as sana caught the frown on momo face, she forced a smile on her own, trying to make momo worries go away. Her left hand came up to momo cheek, before she pressed a gentle kiss against her lips.

"I'm okay mo, only a bit tired. Don't worry."

"Are you sure"

Sana turned her body towards momo, intertwining her hands behind her neck. She tilted her head to capture her girlfriend's lips in a slow kiss. She tried to deepen it, tracing sana's bottom lip with her tongue but momo quickly moved her head back.

Sana whined at that, "Why did you stop it?"

Momo chuckled at that, finding her girlfriend adorable. She came closer again, grazing her nose on sana.

"Because I know that you're trying to distract me from what's really going on in that head of yours. So come on, spit it out."

Sana opened to protest, but momo quickly shut her up with a finger to her lips.

"And no point in denying, because I can tell when you're hiding something."

Sana sighed, nodding as she dropped her hands to her lap, fidgeting with her fingers.

Momo reached out to her, tilting her head up so she could look at her favourite baby.

"Whatever it is, my love, you can tell me," she said as sincerely as she could.

Sana nodded, swallowing her anxiety and pride before speaking. "You know how I went through the sinking of the gangman… Ever since then, I haven't been able to enter large bodies of water. I also haven't been able to swim, at all. I start panicking."

Momo cursed herself mentally. How could that possibility have escaped her. She pressed a kiss against sana forehead, pulling her closer until sana head was on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry sana. I can't believe the thought didn't even cross my mind," she apologized, right hand cradling the back of sana head as her other one held on to the Captain's small back.

Sana tightened her embrace around momo waist, "It's alright, it's the first time I'm telling you. You had no way of knowing."

"Still, I should have considered it and-"

A finger against her lips quickly cut her off, and she relaxed as sana shook her head.

"Babe, you did nothing wrong. Let's not let this minor detail ruin our extremely deserving break." Sana reasoned, letting her hand fall to her side.

"Yes, you're right my love," momo eventually agreed, but sana could tell something was still upsetting her.

"Now you're the one worrying about something. What is it?"

Momo scratched the back of her head, stuttering a bit. "Well, I was just thinking… Does this mean you would mind if I chose to swim? Because if so, I totally understand, I don't mind just catching some sun with you."

"No mo, absolutely not. It wouldn't be fair of me to ask you that. I don't mind at all."

The smile that appeared on momo face made sana feel warm inside.

"Are you really sure?" Momo asked as she held sana hands in hers.

"Yes, baby. I promise," she assured her, bringing momo hands to her lips to place a kiss on her skin.

Sana was turning to the next page on one of  novels she had brought with her when she noticed momo presence next to her. She put the book down after bookmarking the current page.

"Hey beautiful. How's the water?" she asked, looking her girlfriend up and down with a smirk in place.

Momo smiled sheepishly down at her as she dried her hair and face with the help of her beach towel "Amazing," she said, placing the towel on the chair next to sana, to lay down on top of it. After that, she grabbed sana left hand and brought it to her lips, kissing the back of it.

"How's the book?"

Sana smiled down at their joined hands, caressing momo with her thumb. "So far so good," she told her before turning on her side to reach out for her drink.

Momo eyed her curiously, "Is that a Margarita?"

"It is," sana nodded after taking a sip. "Do you want me to get you one as well?"

"If you don't mind, please."

"Of course babe, be right back," sana said, kissing momo forehead before getting up and making her way to the pool bar.

As she gets to the counter, she is greeted by the bartender with a polite smile.

"Hey there! What will it be this time?"

Sana smiled back at the young man, probably still in his early twenties. He reminded her of herself from her bartending times, so she had sympathized with him pretty quickly.

"Another Margarita, please."

"Coming right up!" he let her know and got to work. As sana waited for the drink, she felt someone approaching from behind and sitting next to her. She paid him no attention until he addressed her.

"Hey, name's Mark," the guy said, a sleazy smile in place that had Sana scrunching up her nose and desperately wanting to roll her eyes. Out of politeness she gave him a simple hello back.

Sadly, he didn't take the hint and kept chatting her up. "So, I noticed you and your friend over there. I gotta say, I like what I am seeing."

Sana couldn't help but snort at the word friend.

"Something wrong, sweetheart?" the stranger asked her, seemingly annoyed at her response.

"Don't call me sweetheart," she told him, now turning to him with a deathly glare. "And if you so much as come closer to me and my girlfriend, I swear I will break all your bones."

"Ooookay! Here's your Margarita-" the young bartender said, now completely aware of the conversation going on, trying to avoid a disaster.

The stranger was now out of his seat, trying to make himself look bigger. "What's wrong shortstuff?" he spits, eyeing sana up and down. "Afraid I'll steal her from you?"

Sana scoffs at his words, stepping closer to him, eyes daring him to challenge her. The tense mood is interrupted when suddenly an arm is looping around hers and pulling her away from the bar.

"Okay let's get you out of here. Thanks for the Margarita, but you can keep it!"

"Mo! What are you doing?!" Sana complained as she was being dragged to the chairs area.

"Me?!" Momo asked, turning around to face her as she dropped her arm. "You were the one almost engaging in a fight with some random man! What the hell, Sana?"

"You should have heard the things he was saying!"

"So what? Was it that bad that you had to start a fight?"

"I was trying to defend you!"

Momo scoffed at that, a humorless laugh coming out of , "Defend me?! Thank you for the concern, but I'm pretty capable of defending myself."

Sana was prepared to fire back, but thankfully realized that it was pointless. She took a deep breath and calmed herself down. She then stepped closer to momo, taking hold of both her girlfriend's hands in hers. "You're right, I'm sorry," she told her, thumbs rubbing momo skin softly. "I don't want this to ruin our time together." Sana mumbled, looking down at her feet.

Momo let go of her left hand so she could tilt sana  head up to make her look at her. "Nothing's ruined sana, don't worry."

Saba smiled at her, thankful for how understanding momo was. "Good."

Momo then took a quick glance over sana head and then back at her. "What do you say we go for a walk at the pier?"

"Is that creep still looking at us?"
"Yep, let's go. Before I make good on my promise."

"Sana…" momo warned, but this time with less seriousness.

"Yeah yeah, I know."

"Is that creep still looking at us?"

"Yes he is."

They grabbed their things from the chairs and made their way to the main street after that. As they were walking hand in hand, momo couldn't resist of staring at sana, admiring how the sun would turn her hair into shades of bright gold and how her freckles were so much more prominent than usual, painting a beautiful trail from her forehead to her cleavage, and down the soft skin of her arms.

After a while sana began to notice and confronted her girlfriend about it. "Everything okay? You're staring a lot."

"You are so beautiful," the compliment left momo mouth so freely and genuinely, that it made them both blush.

Momo and sana go on their first Summer vacation together. Queue the soft scenes.
Sana stopped them in their tracks, tugging momo other hand so she would face her. 

"You're only realizing that now?" she teased, although in vain, because once again momo was looking at her like she was some kind of divine entity, to the point of making her slightly uncomfortable. She still wasn't used to the extent of momo love and admiration for her.

"Mo-"

"So goddamn beautiful…" momo continued, noticing how her eyelashes seemed like golden curtains to Sana's beautiful ocean eyes. She raised her hands, cupping Sana's face.

Sana walked closer to her, holding on to momo waist. "So are you," she said. She stepped even closer, hugging momo tighter to her. As saba felt the safety of momo arms around her, she felt brave enough to make a decision. She inhaled and exhaled deeply after a couple of minutes, finally asking, "Will you take me to the sea?"

Momo stepped back, surprised at the request. "Are you sure? We don't have to-"

Sana cut her off with a single kiss, smiling against her lips. "I want to," she told her, pressing their foreheads together. "I want to do it with you."

Sana cut her off with a single kiss, smiling against her lips. "I want to," she told her, pressing their foreheads together. "I want to do it with you."

Momo beamed at that, bringing a matching smile to sana lips. They made their way to the sand, stopping when they were halfway to the sea. Momo turned to her, squeezing her hand, "You still want to do it?"

Sana nodded at her, her anxiety subsiding as she looked at the woman she loves. "Yes."

"Let's go then," momo nodded back, tugging sana by the hand as they walked closer and closer to the ocean. They stopped again, just at the point where the water could reach their feet. Momo let go of sana hand to step behind her, arms wrapping around her waist.

As sana gasped at the first wave that hit her feet, momo hold on her tightened. "It's okay, I'm here," she whispered in her ear, resting her head on sana shoulder.

The next wave came quicker, making sana breath catch as she held onto momo arms.

"Just focus on the sunset baby, look at how beautiful it is. Focus on my voice, and the warmth of the sun on your skin. Breathe in the sea breeze and try to relax."

Sana swallowed, trying to follow momo advice. She closed her eyes, slowly breathing in and then out, welcoming the light breeze. As she opened her eyes, she focused on the horizon. On the way the orange and red hues would blend in with the deep blue of the sea, resembling a classic painting.

As the minutes passed, she started feeling more relaxed, the water hitting her feet no longer bothering her. After a while, the two women decided to sit down on the sand, now with her hoodies on to protect them from the cold of the night. Sana was leaning against momo, simply appreciating the quietude of the moment when her girlfriend spoke.

"I'm very proud of you," momo told her, turning her head to kiss sana temple. Sana smiled, looking up at her with an unusual shiness. 

"Thanks baby," she said, kissing the underside of her jaw before turning to look at the landscape again. After a couple of minutes it was her turn to speak.

"Maybe tomorrow we could try to go in the water?"

She felt momo nod, a kiss pressed against her neck. "Of course, anything you want."

Sana hummed at the reply, still overwhelmed at how willing momo always is to give her what she needs. "I love you so much, momo."

"I love you too, my love."