Chapter 29

Reve Inc.

 

CHAPTER 29



 

“Well, yeah...but it is not what you are thinking. For a couple of weeks now, I investigated some things and I believe Irene and Seulgi are moles from other companies to ruin our business in Reve Inc.”

 

A few seconds of silence.

 

This is her psychological bomb? You could at least add more drama to it… Seung-wan thought while giving a look to Joy, her eyes shifted to Yeri for a second to find the very same look of disappointment in her face.

 

“A what?!” “Huh?”

 

Seung-wan glued her gaze now towards her girlfriend, trying to find any indicator that Joy´s allegations could be true after all. Yeri looked at Irene as well. Joy and Sunmi were looking at both women.

 

The two suspects in question seemed honestly shocked. Irene had a little frown and her eyes scanned the room to try to figure out if this was some sort of prank from Joy. Seulgi had a little open and she had an utterly confused expression, it looked as if she was actually trying to recall if she was a spy or not.

 

After what seemed like a minute of silence, Irene finally spoke. “Mmm...is this some kind of game…?”

 

“No.” Joy answered.

 

“But...why do you think that about us?” Irene seemed more confused by the second but then, her frown deepened. “Wait, is this because you still think I am with Seung-wan because of her job position?”

 

“You what?” This was new information for Seung-wan.

 

“That was even before you got hired, this is something else.” Joy tried to clarify.

 

Irene pouted, she felt insulted. Seulgi pouted, she doesn't know what else to do.

 

“Why do you think that? What did you investigate?” Joohyun asked a little more camly. 

 

“Why are we the spies? We are not criminals, I do have parking tickets but that's it!” Seulgi tried to defend.

 

Joy didn't change her poker face and started with an equally serious tone. "You two never worked together in the same company until now, both quitted your previous jobs despite having better positions and income than what you are currently getting at Reve Inc., Irene being the most suspicious since she was the Head of the Quality Department at freaking Lotte World and Seulgi has access to all the digital records, plus Irene having access to the trainees evaluators." This last part she said while giving Seung-wan a side look, which the blonde just responded with a pout on her own.

 

Joohyun pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to take deep breaths to not get mad. Joy raised an eyebrow, was this a sign that she actually got the right suspects?

 

Joohyun let go of her nose and gave them a little smile. "Well, at least I can admit you are doing a good job with the background check but-"

 

"Of course I am doing a good job...wait, what?"

 

"As I was saying, yes you are doing a good job but I am not your spy Joy. I quitted Lotte World because of the work environment, it was a personal choice to restart again in another company and I can tell you are doing a great job because the moles are actually part of the Quality Department, I dealt with a lot of them myself so I can actually help Reve Inc. with this you know." Irene frowned again. "And I swear to God if you imply one more time that my love for my Seung-wannie is not sincere I am going to kick your !"

 

Seung-wan smirked at the last part, she liked to see a kind of possessive Joohyun.

 

Seulgi raised her hand as if asking for permission to speak, Joy was still a little startled at Joohyun's response but nodded anyway.

 

"I quitted my last job because they took away all the benefits, you can check that too if you want. And I can't deny the fact that I indeed have access to the documents but my supervisor is always watching us like a hawk, he can even tell from his PC if we make copies of anything...so...I don't know what else to tell you...." She raised her palm as in making a promise to Joy.

 

Joy knew beforehand that this was indeed true, maybe she was too engrossed in these two humans when the actual spy was still roaming freely inside the company.

 

"But if you two try to help us, what would guarantee that you are not misleading the situation?" Joy challenged.

 

Joohyun shrugged. "Then don't tell or include us in anything about the spy. Like I said, I know how this is, I would think you are being stupid if you don't suspects us or any other new employee for that matter."

 

Seulgi just nodded. "Yeah...if we can't be of help at least you can be sure we are not infiltrated in your investigation Joy." 

 

"I do have a question in all of this, why is someone from Human Resources investigating this instead of the Quality Department…? I don't mean to be rude but that is not part of your job…" A truly confused Joohyun asked.

 

Joy blushed. "I-I know! But since we also hired new people in that department I don't trust them either, the only area with the same people is Human Resources!"

 

"Joy has a point there, and she also perceived something weird was going on before the Quality Department so the CEO was ok with Joy doing it anyway…" Yeri tried to explain.

 

"And now that you mention the CEO, girl can you help us with anything? I am sure you can provide more info than what you admit." Joy retorted to Yeri.

 

"Wow you are turning the topic towards me now? You surely can't do a proper accusation and no, I can't reveal anything." Yeri simply said and proceeded to finish her well deserved coffee.

 

Joy breathed heavily due to being exasperated with all of this. "Why the hell not?! We are not in the office!"

 

"Calm down friend, I can't tell anything cause it is like the CEO has a microphone on me or something cause every time I am about to slip my tongue a text or call from her appears on my phone. And yes I have changed my phone before but it is the same so believe me when I say that she is listening." Yeri standard up to the kitchen and serve herself another cup.

 

This time Sunmi decided to talk about a topic they haven't touched yet. "Yeri…"

 

"Yes?" The younger replied while going back to sit on one of the couches.

 

"Why do you hate the CEO?"

 

Yeri raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Pardon? What are you talking about?"

 

"Last time at the bar you were mumbling stuff like you hated the CEO and the executive board, you were insulting them…" Sunmi went to sit next to Yeri on the couch. "Are they mistreating you?"

 

"Aah...that, yeah I hate the board but not the CEO. Those motherers don't have an ounce of respect and think I am their secretary too when they have a voice meeting with the CEO, thank God there are cameras or those bastards would try to touch me too."

 

"Wait, not even the board knows who the CEO is?!" Seung-wan asked with wide eyes.

 

"They have meetings but she just does a voice call instead of being actually present. Honestly, with that bunch of old ers I don't blame her for not wanting to see their faces."

 

"So you are the only one that knows her?" Joy said with incredulity.

 

Yeri shrugged, "Well...yeah, kind of. The thing is, because no one knows she is the CEO, she talks to employees sometimes, so maybe you technically already know her…"

 

Joy's shoulders went down, she gave up with dealing with this on her own. "It's like we are a joke to her...I get her but I don't at the same time…"

 

"Are you...ok?" Seung-wan asked shyly.

 

"Not really, I just don't know what else to do...I guess Joohyun and Seulgi can be of help after all."

 

Seulgi's face lit up. "Does that mean you trust us?"

 

"It means I will let you help, but if we don't get another credible suspect during this week, I am blaming both of you."

 

Seulgi did a military salute. "Yes ma'am!"

 

"A week should be good enough, we will find the spy, don't worry." Joohyun replied with confidence.

 

"And by blaming them I will also blame you Seung-wan." Joy sentenced.

 

"Oh, c'mon!"





 

The girls day ended up being a movie marathon that ended up being a sleepover since everyone falls asleep in one of Seung-wan's couches while the last of the credits roll on the screen.

 

Seung-wan turned off the TV and carried on her arms a half asleep Joohyun towards the bedroom.

 

Joohyun hugged tenderly the blonde's neck. "How can you carry me so easily when you barely eat…?"

 

Seung-wan chuckled. "I eat pretty well thank you very much, I just don't eat here in the apartment."

 

She gently laid Joohyun down on her bed, a good thing they already changed in comfy clothes. Seung-wan cuddled with her and pulled the blankets to cover them.

 

"Joohyun…" Seung-wan whispered as in trying to not disturb the urge to sleep from her girlfriend.

 

"Mm...yes..?"

 

"I just wanted to tell you that even if you were a spy I never doubted your intentions with me…"

 

Joohyun didn't reply yet, instead she rested her head on Seung-wan's shoulder and hugged her torso while putting one leg between the blonde's.

 

"I'm not the spy...and I don't deserve you, I wanted an honest relationship with you and yet there is stuff I haven't told you yet…"

 

"It is ok, you plan to tell me in the future...right?"

 

"Of course."

 

"Then that's no problem, I will wait for Joohyun…besides, I guess there are stuff I haven't tell you either so...we are even for now."

 

"Again, I don't deserve you…"

 

"Shut up, you do. And I deserve you too, my love."

 

Joohyun smiled while closing her eyes, it was time to sleep. "I love you more than anything and I hope you remember that…"

 

"I love you with all my heart and I hope you don't forget that…"

 

“Wannie~”

 

“Yes…?”


 

“We are getting your groceries tomorrow…”

 

It was Seung-wan´s turn to smile at that, “Gladly…” She kissed Joohyun´s head and they were soon happily sleeping in each other's arms.

 

 

At least for now...