Chapter 1

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 1

 

It all started at the company, one of many office buildings in Seoul. Reve Inc was one of the newest buildings, but a business dedicated to exporting korean products to America was growing quickly and hence they were able to have a large staff and that meant a lot of paperwork to do too.

 

Son Seung-wan, a.k.a. Wendy, was one of the many working for Reve Inc., of course she had her fair amount of academic achievements but she wasn't one to work before graduating since her parents helped with her education which she will always be grateful but that also made her have zero work experience so she was quite on cloud nine when she passed the interview. 

 

That was one year ago, now she was able to handle all the paperwork without problem and could resolve all the new staff doubts without stopping her hands tapping on her keyboard. So naturally she became an assistant in training the fresh meat, for some time the company changed procedures and besides the interview the newbies have to complete a month of paid training to see if they can actually adapt themselves in the work environment. After that month, they will get a meeting with H.R. to discuss if they got a contract or better to search another job, Wendy was a sweet and kind person that always offered a hand when they started but at the same time she was the one keeping an eye on their development and evaluating if they are actually there to work or just to play around while getting paid.

 

Suddenly, her corner, where her desk was, needed some remodeling due to some problems with the floor….Joy, one of the many workers and the queen of gossip around the office told her it was probably bull and the owner just wanted to try a prettier one. So a confused Wendy was moved just like that to another desk, she didn't mind to be honest, a desk is still a desk, but she had a neighbor now, she is used to have a whole corner to herself but right now there is another desk glued to hers, she just hoped it wasn't one of the new recruits she needs to evaluate since they will probably try to bribe her with lunches or some stupid gifts.

 

Wendy sighed when she installed herself at the new desk, her neighbor's desk was...empty. Meaning that she was right and a new recruit was going to occupy that one.

 

“Today starts another round of trainees. Lucky me.” Wendy said with some tiresomeness while leaning on her chair. “Oh well, I hope they know the basics of politeness at least.” 

 

Wendy wasn´t one to judge or to ask too much from people she had just met, but she has seen quite some stupid s during her monthly evaluation, a lot of spoiled brats that think they were already hired just because they had some money or had a connection with a political entity. But Reve Inc was not tolerant of lackers of those kinds and stayed only with the people that actually wanted to have a job.

 

And then, her new desk companion arrived and it was like someone just punched her in the abdomen and pulled all the air out of her, an angel in a suit appeared in front of her with round glasses and a timid smile.

 

“Good morning, it is a pleasure to meet you.” Say the angel while bowing to her. “My name is Bae Joohyun and I´m a new trainee, this is my first day and I was informed this will be my desk.”

 

Now, Wendy knew she herself was kinda like the attractive type, she has received a fair amount of compliments for her looks, for her blond short hair and piercings, but she is absolutely sure she looked like a stupid fish or something cause this girl just left her with an open mouth and a blank mind. And that voice...that voice was purely a sin over how y it sounded.

 

Then Wendy blinked twice before her brain started to work again.

 

“Ah, yes, sorry.” She standed to make a little bow too. “Nice to meet you too, my name is Son Seung-wan and I hope we get along.” She then proceeded to extend her hand.

 

Joohyun seemed a little surprised by the sudden handshake proposal but still took it with firmness. “I see you already have quite some stuff here, I assume you already are a regular worker here…?”

 

Ah, Wendy knew this awkwardness. The hidden real question was to know her position in the company to know if it is worth the friendliness, but….if Joohyun is asking her that it means she didn´t saw Wendy at the introduction talk they did with her trainees…

 

That means she is not in the group I´m evaluating. Well, I´m not one to take advantage of that even if I find her quite submissive. Wendy decided her answer carefully and gave the girl a kind smile. “Yeah, I´m actually here for a year now, we weren't as much as now but they got pretty strict with who to hire now.”

 

Joohyun nodded a little, as in taking in the meaning of those words.

 

“Oh, well I hope we get along too. I was told during training that we need an english name for when we speak to international clients. I chose Irene for me, may I know yours?” 

 

Right, they have to pick an english name when on the phone since it is kinda awkward when you are trying to spell your korean name to a “Karen” type of person. So the company suggested the names to avoid this kind of situation. Seung-wan laughed since this girl was already making her feel at ease since she looked professional, unlike other trainees she has come across.

 

“Did I say...something funny?” Poor Joohyun was looking at her kinda confused and her brows slightly raised.

 

“No, sorry.” Say Seung-wan with a bright smile. “Is just that I like you.”

 

Ok, now it was Joohyun the one that looked like a fish with open.

 

“You can call me Wendy. And welcome to the company, I hope we get to be friends.”