Practice Room Chaos

WENRENE ft RV
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long, straining practice, Red velvet was given a short break. As their dear, troublemaker maknae was hungry, the two softies of a best friend went to buy snacks to feed their maknae or maybe to just prevent themselves from getting bullied by the said maknae. 

 

Their hungry maknae was busy scrolling whatever bird app on her phone while waiting for her unnies and was laughing like a dying seal, which her leader considered as a symptom of tired+hungry+annoyed= weird Yeri. 

 

The leader was lazily sprawled on the bench relaxing, next to her sat the giant chicken, chugging water. 

 

It was not an awkward silence but a comfortable one. Even though denying many times, Joy will always be her baby but not so ever her action made her unnie think otherwise. Joy was literally the definition of perfection and dream girlfriend but only if she kept her hands off her girlfriend aka her no1 fan. Irene knew it was just pure affection of a dongsaeng toward her unnie but the smirk Joy wears everytime hugging Wendy says otherwise. She knows Joy is an affectionate person and loves to tease, she knows that her jealousy and possessiveness is her weakness which is the weapon for the giant chicken. Joy totally had her hamster wrapped around her fingers and she  concluded that even Seulgi knelt to her demands. The maknaes always had a way to make the 94 liners do what they wanted. Whipped unnies? No, more likely scared unnies. 

 

Irene always wondered the ways their brain worked, how come they even think of pranks like that and how smoothly they execute them. The maknaes will bicker all day but when it comes to committing crime they are bestest of the duo. Most of the time Seulgi is their poor victim, that bear is clueless and innocent, goes along with maknaes, until she realizes it is a trap, it's too late for her to come back. Wendy is their favorite victim just because of her comical expressions. The reaction she gives them is priceless and it pushes them to prank her more. The maknaes have to hold themselves back because Wendy is Irene's girlfriend and no one messes with what is Irene's. Most of the time Irene lays off because these are all happy moments and one day it will become their favorite memories to laugh upon. But some things require limits. Limits to stay away from her girlfriend, limits to touch and talk. Talk about possessiveness, but Irene is super territorial. She is like an angry tigress ready to hunt down and that's not something you want to come across. She is not protective over her girlfriend but her kids too. Yes, she will not say that out loud but in fact she feels like a mother when she takes care of their health and well being. After joining the group not only she had responsibilities but a family to lean upon. The tremendous amount of love and support she received in those past 7 years from the girls is invaluable.

 

 After getting in a relationship with Wendy, it made her feel complete. Like the other half of her was missing and she found it in Wendy. Her reverence in love got stronger, her once distressed heart got solace, the counts of her laughter got doubled and her way of loving became more proficient, all because of Wendy. She didn't just find a partner but a home, Wendy was her home, her peace, her heaven. Being loved by Wendy was a brief feeling of salvation. She felt proud being a part of red velvet, calling Red Velvet her family. Red Velvet is made up of different personalities, perspectives, preferences, struggles, stories but also empathy, love, respect, determined, strong and hard working girls, who have so much difference but got along well. Their differences make them unique and more powerful. They fill each other's weaknesses and enhance their capabilities. Just like five fingers are different but together they can break someone's jaw, is similar to Red Velvet who paved their way in a harsh industry and made their own identity, their own brand. They are not 'Red velvet are like them' but came far to 'They are like Red Velvet' , see the difference. They have created a standard, in every aspect, visuals , vocals, dancing, acting, interacting, humblesnes. Every member has contrasting capacity and the best thing is that they never try to outshine each other but balance. The harmony is not only seen in their vocals but their personalities too. Red Velvet is Irene's pride, being a leader of this beautiful and talented group is an honor for her. Having them as  family is her priceless treasure. 

 

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the continuous nudging on her foot by a bored looking chicken. 

 

"Unnie" Joy asked with a concerned face 

 

"What?" Irene asked with a bored face because she loves teasing Joy back 

 

"Unnie, I thought your soul left your old body" Joy snickered at the disgusted look on Irene 

 

"Yah! How many times have I told you to stop calling me old? Wait till your get to my age"

 

"Till then you would become a grandma who loves knitting sweater for their grandchildren" Yeri said laughing across the practice room which earned chuckles from staffs too

 

Irene just glares at everyone and was desperately waiting for a hamster to give her a consolation hug because why not. 

 

"Well, I still see our choreographer shaking the dance floor in her late 30's" This made the said choreographer choked on her energy drink 

 

"Well it's a different case, but you, you are hopeless" Yeri said shaking her head earning a lopsided smile from Joy. Even the staff were getting entertained by the daily mother vs daughter banter. 

 

Meanwhile Irene was ready to kick the girls who she just a minute ago stupidly called them her kid in her stupid brain. Yes, stupid because no child of Irene will act like that. Irene huffed.

 

"Well, your said choreographer unnie doesn't have to deal with a Satan like maknaes, I'm sure even her toddlers won't act like that. If they did she wouldn't be here shaking her hips but beating the crap out of her husband for making horrible kids" 

 

Irene's words were so absurd which earned their choreographer a coughing fit. Some have concerned expressions and some try to control their laughter. 

 

In between maknaes were talking through their eyes

 

Yeri - 'Unnie got better with her comebacks'  

 

Joy- 'I agree'  

 

Yeri- 'Let's remind her who is the boss here' *smirks*

 

Joy- 'Hmm, need to teach her a lesson that she won't forget' *sinister smile*

 

Yeri- 'See if she can counter back again' 

 

Joy- 'I'm up for it' 

 

"Wh-hy *cough* am I-I *cough* getting dragged between y-*cough* your petty fight? I'm not even married for god sake *cough* What kids? *cough* What beating?" Their choreographer struggled to overcome her coughing.

 

Before Irene could muster up a sorry, Joy beat her to it

 

"My apologies unnie. But in 'Wendy's style' ~Damn woman! You're so fine. Ayy! you shake hearts by shaking those Hot . Woman you gotta step on thirsty peasants like us and bless our souls with the tip of your heels.~"  This didn't only make the coughing fit to increase but seemed like everyone had a mental breakdown at Joy's word

 

"Wendy never stays stuff like that to others" Irene frowned 

 

"Joy unnie never said others but in 'Wendy's Style', unnie" Yeri gave a satanic smile 

 

"Still, she never says these things." Irene was frowning because somehow she got a sniff of a disaster coming and she gave them push 'Ohhh , I'm definitely screwed' Irene muttered under her breath.

 

"Don't need to lie, Unnie, we know you hear it once in a while when Wendy unnie is in a wild mood." Yeri said with smiirk .  

 

Irene was stunned was an understatement of the entire year. 

 

The moment everyone registered what those words meant, the whole practice room was frozen except for the evil maknaes. 

 

"Wait wa-aai What?what?"

 

"WHAT THE DID I JUST HEAR?"

 

"Please, OMG! I don't want to hear unnie's life."

 

"Is it worth listening from the actual lesbian ? Tempting but disgusting"

 

"Yah! KIM YERIM WHY SAY STUFF LIKE THAT?"

 

"Google, how can I undo the information I just came across?"

 

"Dammit, wish I had gone out for a coffee"

 

"Why didn't god make a flap where you cover your ears before hearing this?"

 

"In my 15 years of career, I've never came across to such idols"

 

"I've never imagined Wendy unnie to be like that!"

 

"Irene, teach your daughters some manners, they are too notorious"

 

"That's ing hot but nasty"

 

"Unnie, is this one of Wendy's kink?"

 

"They are most innocent looking but not so innocent as I thought"

 

"I was deceived"

 

"Why in the name of god? These girls need holy water"

 

"Luvies will have a cardiac arrest if they ever came across their bias and favorite ship doing so much inappropriate stuff"

 

"They must be really loud for them to hear details, yucks"

 

"Unnie, tame your maknaes before they taint your image"

 

"Do you enjoy it? Cuz we didn't" 

 

There was chaos because every staff member was baffled with the information. Leaving a very very flustered, red face bunny and two Satans giving each other flying kisses with the undying smirk on their lips. 

 

"I-I.. Um...I-it's not  like umm… " Irene was too flabbergasted to make a coherent sentence.

 

"Save it, unnie. We don't need your excuses" Yeri said uninterested 

 

"We know and everybody knows. Don't need to hide, what's yours. " Joy sang in a fruity voice 

 

"But let's focus on the main topic, why is our hot choreographer still single?" Yeri asked with a devil smile which irked the choreographer to kick her arse but prior to that she was experiencing difficulty in breathing.

 

The choreographer was having a mental breakdown over being today's topic…... ...'Why am I suffering like this? Did I call a young woman aunty?  Did I step on a dog's tail? Did a black cat cross my path? Why are these evil maknaes picking on me? Was I too harsh with the practice to endure this?'

 

Her inner turmoil was stopped as she heard another maknae's words which lead her to malfunctioning. 

 

"Did you know, in the beginning Irene unnie had a big fat crush on you? She would just stare at you while you shake your hips like Shakira"  Joy's sentence felt like a cold winter, giving shivers to Irene. 

 

Everyone looked at Irene who had a beetroot face and just had two thoughts  running in her mind 'Can this ground just eat me up?' 'How to kill and bury them without anyone knowing' 

 

"I-I…ah.. '' Inspite of being unable to form a logical sentence, she tried really hard  to save whatever dignity left. 

 

"Please don't even try to deny, unnie. Remember you used to gush about her all the time. And when she became your personal choreographer, you never shut up about how talented she was, I mean she still is haha,  how awesome and obviously how she makes a mere step look so graceful,...Remember unnie" Yeri couldn't hold her laughter as she burst out at the constipated, red face of her beloved leader. 

 

"Wow, I am flattered but Irene is not my type and obviously taken. In case you are trying to hook me up with Irene.  *Joy and Yeri choked while Irene grimaced* I'm glad you were impressed by my passion and appreciated me but Irene they really made you sound like a teenage boy...haha.. if you catch my drift…haha....It's okay.. Haha.." Her choreographer said with a forced laugh, who  tried to take matters in her hand before this series ended with a dead turtle and chicken.

 

 It was not a secret that angry Irene was scarier than any ghost Hollywood can come up with. And nobody, like nobody  who knows Irene, wants to deal with a deadly bunny, not when they were lacking a certain hamster who knew how to tame the angry bunny. It was a do or die situation now. 

 

"You can call her a ert and . It's okay because it really who she is" Yeri said with a laugh which fainted when she made contact with certain eyes which were emitting nothing but fire. 

 

 Joy gulped as she knew Yeri went a little overboard with the last comment. To dissipate her unnies anger and save her partner in crime, she gave it a try. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter