Karina

Maybe maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The audition was exhausting and to be honest, most of the girls were there for us. Giselle enjoyed it, as someone who wants to be constantly showered with praises. Meanwhile, I wasn't having it. I want someone in the band who shares the same dream with me- touching the lives of others through music. Not just some fangirl. More so, we haven't find someone who jives with us, someone who actually has chemistry with us.

I instinctively let out a sigh and placed my hand in both of my hands, gently caressing both sides of my head.

"By far, Hwasa's the best." Lisa said while skimming through the papers of the applicants. She closed her eyes, thinking deeply. This is one of the things I admire Lisa for. When it comes to quality, it's as though she just knows. There's no doubt about it though especially since she's naturally gifted. The kind of performer who was born for it. Definitely not manufactured. "But.."

"She's too strong for us." I said.

Lisa nodded. "Exactly. I don't think she'd blend in. She's better of as a soloist."

We both shot Giselle a glance who is now busy on her phone while making weird faces. Probably for Tiktok.

"Giselle?" I elbowed her arm and glared at her. "Thoughts?" I said impatiently.

"About?" She replied, obviously not paying attention at all.

"Hwasa." Lisa said quickly, didn't want to drag the discussion too long.

"Well, she's no Park Chaeyoung so 'enkk'" Giselle made sure to emphasize the enk part. It's the same comment she gave to all the other applicants.

This girl is hopeless. So the decision's left with Lisa and I. We're down to our last participant.

The door swung open, and a girl with blonde hair and petite figure entered. She was wearing a denim skirt, and blouse. She looked innocent and bright. Almost like an eager kid who's excited for Christmas. Except that she emanate confidence that I could feel her presence in the entire room. Giselle suddenly became curious as I saw her removing her gaze from the phone, and now to the girl. It could be because she's the last one though, and it just so happen Giselle finally decided to pay attention. 

"Hi. I'm Kim Minjeong." Like her stature, her voice was tiny but sweet.  We didn't have enough time so we decided to hear her sing immediately. Enough with the introductions. If she's the one we're looking for, we'd have years of getting to know each other. "So I'll sing Little House. It's a song in Dear John. Dear John is a film about a soldier and his great love."

Lisa leaned forward, suddenly piquing interest to the girl, I mean Minjeong.

"Oh don't get me wrong. You know I love films that involves military but you know.. with the actual fighting and guns and bombs. This just happened to be romantic as well. And Channing Tatum is hot. But, romance films aren't really my cup of tea. I don't do love." Minjeong suddenly said in defense.

Huh. She sure talks a lot. So much for introductions. Anyway, I think Amanda Seyfried is hotter than Channing Tatum.

"So you've never been in love?" Giselle said in a playful tone. Just some tip with Giselle: she fancies gossips a lot. Hence, suddenly being interested in Minjeong's love life.

"Huh? Well I--" Minjeong suddenly panicked. Giselle looked at her, amused at her target.

"Just please sing." I immediately cut her off. I am absolutely not interested in her love life, and there's no way I'll waste an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter