Handcuff

Objects of Love

**Sequel of Speeding Ticket**

.

.

.

.

"Sigh..."

 

Jongwoon sighs for an umpteenth time. His thumb hovers above the "call" button but he hesitates to press it. The name "Cho Kyuhyun" is shown in the middle of the screen. After chewing his bottom lip for a few seconds, he sighs loudly and puts his phone away. He flops down on the table and blows his bang out of his eyes in annoyance. Dark eyes fall on a picture situated beside the monitor and a smile automatically makes its way to his face. He picks it up and brushes his fingers on the caramel brown-haired man in the photo who has his arm around his waist— Kyuhyun, his boyfriend. Ever since that dinner four months ago, they happily agreed to enter a relationship. Although they only feel physically attracted at first, times spent together have made them fallen hard for one another to the point that they are inseparable. Jongwoon sincerely loves Kyuhyun and vice versa. In fact, his boyfriend is very serious about their relationship that he cuts all ties with other men and women he used to have fun with; the infamous playboy Cho Kyuhyun is no more.

 

Until the last three week...

 

"Sigh..."

"Oppa, what happened? You've been sighing for hours already."

 

Dainty hands appear and gently pinch his cheeks. He lets the beautiful female officer, Seulgi, his junior, play with his squishy cheeks until she is satisfied and lets him go with a giggle. Jongwoon massages his cheeks while smiling at the woman.

 

"Nothing happens. I was just thinking about something..."

"Oppa! Lying is bad! Something is clearly bothering you now, right?"

 

Before he gets to reply, another pair of hands replace the female officer and pinch his cheeks.

 

"Who dares to make our lovely Jongwoonie sigh non-stop like this? Tell me and I'll throw them in jail!"

"Heebongie, don't be a drama queen!"

 

Heechul, the senior officer, pouts and gently tugs his junior's soft cheeks before continuing.

 

"You're our beloved Jongwoonie, of course, we'll be worried about you! Now, tell us what happened."

"I said, nothing happ—"

"What did that playboy Cho do to my favorite hyung!!?"

 

A short male officer cuts them and throws himself at the black-haired policeman. Jongwoon sighs when another mama bear, Ryeowook, also his junior, joins the interrogation. With the three mama bears surrounding him, he has no other choice but gives in.

 

"Kyuhyun didn't do anything... well... I'm not sure if he did or not..."

Heechul frowns, "elaborate, please, Jongwoonie."

Jongwoon fidgets nervously in his seat, "when I was on a patrol at the local mall this morning, I saw Kyuhyun with a woman I didn't know at a restaurant... They were chatting and smiling at each other like they're really close..."

"Aish! Let's go and arrest that bastard!" Ryeowook shouts angrily.

"Wait, not that I take his side or what," Seulgi reasons, "but she could be his relative, right?"

 

Jongwoon thins his lips. Unlocking his phone, he opens the gallery app and hands it to his colleagues. Heechul takes the phone and looks at it while Seulgi and Ryeowook look over his shoulders. The three police officers soon scowl at what they see, Ryeowook even starting to shake Heechul's shoulder in anger. Shown on Jongwoon's phone are a bunch of pictures of Kyuhyun and a woman or man at various places. Each picture features a different person who was with Kyuhyun. In total, they count ten-ish different people who smile or laugh in genuine joy at Jongwoon's boyfriend.

 

"What the hell!" Heechul roars, "he cheats on you with these many people!!"

"And here I thought he already got rid of his playboy streak," Seulgi said while scrunching her nose.

Ryeowook bangs the table, "let's go arrest him now!"

"Wait!!" Jongwoon quickly stops the three mama bears before they arrest an innocent person. "I might have misunderstood him!"

"How is this a misunderstanding, hyung!!? Why would he meet those people when he already has you!!? Invite them to your wedding?"

"Oppa! I know that you really love him but he takes it too far!" Seulgi complains angrily.

""Let's throw him behind the bars!!""

 

While Jongwoon is busy stopping mama bear number two and three, mama bear number one (aka Heechul) is eerily quiet which freaks him out more than his juniors' anger. It is never a good sign when Kim Heechul suddenly stops talking.

 

"Ryeowookie, Seulgi-ah, stop, we won't arrest that bastard."

""Hyung!! / Oppa!!""

"He didn't break any laws so we can't just arrest him on a whim no matter how much we want to."

 

Heechul ruffles the younger mama bears' heads to calm them down. Although Seulgi and Ryeowook stop mentioning prison and such, both younger officers still cling to their beloved senior with a pout on their faces. The oldest officer among the four snorts and ruffles Jongwoon's black hair until it becomes messy.

 

"Jongwoon-ah, this is your personal life so we won't interfere with it. What will you do with that playboy boyfriend of yours is entirely up to you. HOWEVER."

 

Heechul smiles fondly and pinches Jongwoon's cheeks until the cute police officer begins to whine.

 

"Don't forget that we'll always be here for you if anything ever happens, alright?"

"Me too, hyung!"

"Me three, oppa!"

"Heebongie hyung... Wookie... Seulgi-ah... Thank you...!"

 

Jongwoon rubs his eyes to get rid of forming tears and beams at his colleagues. The three mama bears coo at the black-haired police officer's cuteness and hug him tightly. Jongwoon laughs happily as he tries his best to return the hug to his three irreplaceable friends.

 

***********************************************

 

Jongwoon waves and smiles at every employee he meets on his way to see his boyfriend. Kyuhyun is the CEO of the Cho Estate Group who owns many hotels and department stores including one he is in now. As Kyuhyun's boyfriend, it is an obligation that he knows most of the employees. During the past four months, he has become the employee's favorite lover of Boss Kyuhyun due to his friendliness. Some employees even stood up for him when a malicious ex-girlfriend attacked him and he feels grateful for it. He stops at the information service counter and smiles at the two female employees.

 

"Hello, I'm here to surprise Kyuhyun. Could you do me a favor and keep my visit a secret?"

 

His brows tie into a knot when the two women exchange a hesitant gaze.

 

"Is something the matter?"

"Jongwoon-ssi... I'm afraid that you arrive at bad timing. How about you come back later?"

"Why? Is he busy now?"

"I guess that's one way to put it... Anyway, you can leave for now and come back later."

 

His chest tightens at the prospect that his boyfriend might be with someone else now, so the two receptionists want him to leave first. He swallows the bitterness in his heart and smiles at the two women.

 

"It's fine. I'll just pop in, greet him for a sec then leave."

 

Clenching his fist, he forces himself to maintain a neutral smile and continues.

 

"Don't tell him that I'm here, please..."

 

At first, the two women look extremely conflicted about his request but they give in to his weak plea. Thanking the receptionists via his gaze, he walks further into the large department store with a heavy heart.

.

.

.

.

During his search for his boyfriend, Jongwoon runs into many employees and they all try to stop him. However, he smiles politely at them and continues his journey. It's more than obvious that his boyfriend has something up his sleeves. He has no idea what it is, but he must find out by himself, not from someone else. He sweeps his gaze around and, after almost an hour, he finally finds his boyfriend. However, just as he is about to call out to Kyuhyun, the scene before him stops him.

 

Kyuhyun is with a stranger woman in a jewelry store.

 

His steps and his smiles immediately falter. His heart misses one beat as he watches his boyfriend smiling at the beautiful woman. Kyuhyun's hand, the kind and warm hand that used to belong to him, is holding the woman's dainty hand while chatting with her. He clutches his shirt and reminds himself to breathe, but all air is stolen from his lungs as soon as he witnesses the scene before him. With a genuine smile on his face, Kyuhyun puts a ring on the woman's finger who giggles in return. Then, his boyfriend lifts her hand up to appreciate the ring closer and Jongwoon loses it. He could have stomped into the store and demand an explanation from his boyfriend, but he chooses to turn around and run away.

 

 

He isn't ready to face Kyuhyun now, not when tears start to trickle down his cheeks.

.

.

.

.

Jongwoon goes back to the station and rests his head on the table, refusing to talk to anyone. The three mama bears are all over him trying to ask what happened but he still keeps quiet. The hurtful scene still plays freshly in his head. So? In the end, he is nothing but another lover for Kyuhyun? When Kyuhyun gets bored of him, he ditches him for someone else...? But... what about those times they spend together...? If he is just another plaything, Kyuhyun won't care about him and be possessive this much, right? Plus, the way Kyuhyun looks at him and his own feelings for Kyuhyun...

 

"No... I'll never give up on my boyfriend!!"

 

The three mama bears get startled by the black-haired officer who suddenly stands up and shouts loudly. Jongwoon slams his palms on the table and stares at his friends with determination burning fiercely in his eyes.

 

"Everyone, I need your help."

 

*********************************************

 

Kyuhyun smiles at a tiny velvet box in his palm before putting it away in his coat. He hums in a good mood while heading towards his car. He can't wait to meet his beloved boyfriend and see those captivating eyes lighting up in happiness!

 

"Freeze! You're under arrest now!"

 

Confused, Kyuhyun turns around and comes to face a familiar female police officer who points a gun at him. Before he gets to process what just happened, another police officer joins them with a dark scowl on his babyface.

 

"Seulgi-ssi? Ryeowook-ssi? What happened?"

"Didn't she just say that you're under arrest? Stay still or we'll charge you for your uncooperative act."

 

Ryeowook scowls and puts a handcuff on the taller man's wrists which makes Kyuhyun's confusion rise to a rooftop.

 

"Wait! What did I do wrong? Why did you arrest me all of the sudden? Where is my beloved Jongwoon?"

Seulgi snorts, "still keeping up with your innocent act, eh? No one will believe you!"

"Yes, we have all necessary evidence to charge you!"

 

Ryeowook adds while dragging the confused Kyuhyun to the corner of the parking lot where a lone police car parks. The male officer pushes Kyuhyun to get in the back seat while Seulgi sits at the passenger seat. While Ryeowook climbs into the back seat, Kyuhyun looks at the rearview mirror and his eyes meet another familiar face at the driver seat— Heechul, his boyfriend's senior officer. By now, he is pretty sure that this is Jongwoon's plan but he absolutely has no idea what he did wrong to receive such cold treatment from the three police officers. He tries to get them to talk on the way to the police station but they ignore him. In the end, he arrives at the station without gaining any information. Heechul leads the group while Ryeowook drags him along, with Seulgi not far behind. The three infamous mama bears of his boyfriend take him to stop in front of an interrogation room with an impatient frown on their faces. The older officer drags him into the dim room and pushes him to sit down on a chair. Again, he tries to ask them what the hell happened but no one pays attention to him. With one last scowl throwing at him, the three police officers leave Kyuhyun alone in the interrogation room. He looks around the deserted room trying to make sense of the ridiculous situation, but he can't come up with any reason as to why he is arrested.

 

 

While he stares absentmindedly at the large one-way mirror in front of him, the door is opened and someone steps into the room.

 

 

"You're here, Kyuhyun."

.

.

.

.

Kyuhyun stares unblinking at the cute police officer who steps further into the room while holding a blue folder in his small hand.

 

"Jongwoon...?"

 

He temporarily forgets to breathe looking at his boyfriend who is in a police uniform just like the first day they met. Jongwoon ignores him and sits down on the chair opposite him, throwing the folder on the table while doing so. Folding his hands, the black-haired officer plops his elbows on the steel surface while staring straight at him. His black eyes reveal nothing as he speaks up.

 

"So? Do you know why you're under arrest?"

"Nope. Jongwoon, what happened? Are we roleplaying now? If so, why don't we go to my penthouse and—"

"Be quiet. I'm in charge of questioning here, not you."

 

Kyuhyun obediently shuts up because his boyfriend is really y ordering him around. Plus, he wants to know what his naughty boyfriend has in store for him. He watches Jongwoon opening the blue folder and taking something out. The police officer slides the items towards him from across the table. He widens his eyes after seeing them clearly, pictures of him and his ex-lovers probably taken during the past weeks. The dots connect and Kyuhyun quickly speaks up to his boyfriend.

 

"No, Jongwoon, you're misun—"

"Silence. You're not allowed to interrupt while I talk."

 

Jongwoon gets up and lessens the distance between them by moving to sit on the table in front of him. Pale, small hand picks up the photo and shoves it in his face as the officer begins to explain his charge.

 

"Last Monday, you told me that you had an urgent meeting so we couldn't have lunch together. However, you actually went to a movie with this blonde woman. Correct?"

 

His boyfriend doesn't wait for his answer and picks up another photo where he was with his ex-boyfriend

 

"Then, last Wednesday, you agreed to stay a night after our date but you suddenly left. You said that you had to meet your friend whom you haven't met in a while. Is he really your friend? I doubt it."

 

After that, his beloved boyfriend continues to explain the circumstance of each photo one by one. However, Kyuhyun doesn't pay much attention to what the police officer says because he is busy gawking at the slim waist and thighs hidden beneath the uniform while imagining all the things he can do with his y boyfriend on this ta—

 

"Kyuhyun, darling, are you listening to me?"

 

He snaps out of his dirty thoughts when the dainty hand lifts his chin up to look at the dark orbs. His heartbeat speeds up seeing his boyfriend smiling sweetly at him. His whole being solely focuses on the luscious lips that move to form the next sentence.

 

"Kyuhyun, you should pay more attention to what I said because I'm listing your wrongdoings that lead to your arrest."

"My wrongdoings...?"

"Yes, darling, your wrongdoings, and I just explained your first charge; mingling with suspicious people behind my back."

"But—"

"Silence. You're allowed to speak in your defense only after I'm done listing all charges."

 

Jongwoon pulls his hand away and folds them on his lap as he continues the conversation.

 

"Your second charge is a trade of illicit object. In the past afternoon, you were at a jewelry store with a suspicious woman, correct?"

Kyuhyun's eyes widen in surprise, "you saw me?"

"Yes, I saw you put on a ring for her, a ring, an illicit object that you are forbidden to use unless given permission by me. Darling, this is a grave matter. You're really deep in trouble."

 

Jongwoon finishes his second charge with an upset (but y) smile. Kyuhyun feels like he starts to see the direction where this situation is going but he continues to feign innocence. He wants to see what else his adorable boyfriend has in his sleeves. The black-haired police officer coughs awkwardly. His chubby cheeks slowly heat up as if what he is about to say is really embarrassing.

 

"Ahem... As for your third charge, you're guilty of stealing and you're caught red-handed!"

Kyuhyun smiles teasingly, "Oh, what did I steal?"

"Y-You steal my heart," Jongwoon admits with a bright red face, "ever since that day four months ago, you steal my heart and never return it to me!"

"Oh my, I'm about to get in trouble then?"

 

Plopping his elbow on the table, he rests his cheek in his palm and glances up at his cute boyfriend.

 

"Those are all my charges? Anything else?"

"Yes, there's one charge left, the most grave of them all; use of drug!"

"A drug? Me?"

"Yes! You're a drug that puts me under your influence! I-I can't think of anyone because you occupy my mind! I hear your voice in my head even when I'm alone and I always see your face no matter where I go! You make me hallucinate and see our future together, you and me, having a cute family. Look at what you've done to me! Kyuhyun!"

 

Jongwoon yanks Kyuhyun's collar and glares at the man.

 

"You're charged with mingling with suspicious people, trade of illicit objects, stealing, and use of drugs. Are you admitting to your wrongdoings?"

 

 

My boyfriend is so freaking cute.

 

 

Kyuhyun thinks to himself while looking at the officer's flustered expression and grinning.

 

"So? If I admit that I'm guilty as charged, what will you sentence me to?"

 

Loosening his grip on the ruined collar, Jongwoon stutters out the next sentence with burning cheeks.

 

"Y-You have committed grave crimes, four in total, a-and you don't seem guilty in the slightest so no leeway for you! For that reason, I-I sentence you to life imprisonment under my supervision!"

 

Yanking him forward by the collar, Jongwoon crashes his lips against his warm ones and kisses the life out of him. Despite being handcuffed, Kyuhyun is still able to cradle his beloved boyfriend's face and deepens the kiss. He each lip with utmost love and tugs it in between his teeth, before letting it go after a gentle bite. The police officer moans and his lips impatiently. He chortles in his throat and answers his boyfriend's call by pushing his tongue in. As he expected, Jongwoon greedily welcomes him and begs him to explore him more through a cute shaking at his collar. Kyuhyun happily spoils his boyfriend by tracing the tip of his tongue all over: palate, gum, teeth, and, of course, the eager tongue. Their tongues rub, hook, and intertwine so messily that Jongwoon starts to drool. He doesn't shy away and gladly them clean while his boyfriend pants heavily.

 

"Any objection?"

 

Jongwoon whispers against his lips. The warm breath tickles him so he pecks the tempting lips first before replying: "no, officer, I'm willing to surrender to your mercy."

"Good," his boyfriend nods and pulls back, "you should be on your best behavior. Also, cut all ties with your ex-lovers and get that ring back. I don't care how many people have received this gift from you. Get them all back."

"She is the only person so don't worry about it. And, both are already done."

"Already done?" the officer furrows his brows, "when did you do that?"

 

Kyuhyun chuckles and holds the smaller hands firmly. He brings the dainty hands to his lips and kisses each knuckle lovingly.

 

"I guess I can't blame you for doubting me. I do have a bad reputation in the past, don't I? I'm overjoyed though that you refuse to let go of me, even go as far as doing all of this."

"Of course, you're my boyfriend and I love you. Like hell I'm going to give up on you."

"And I love you too," Kyuhyun smiles softly, "please, believe me, nothing happened between me and those people in the pictures. I only want to share the good news."

"What kind of good news?"

"One that leads to what you saw in the afternoon."

 

He lets go of his boyfriend's hands and searches the inner pocket of his coat (with difficulty because of the handcuff). He finds the object and presents it to the police officer who gasps at it— a small, blue-colored velvet box. Opening it, he shows a platinum ring adorned with a pink diamond to his boyfriend who covers his mouth with his hands in surprise.

 

"Kyuhyun... this is...?"

"Yes, Jongwoon, what you saw during the afternoon is me trying to find the perfect ring for you. That woman is my ex-girlfriend but she has an eye for stuff like this so I ask for her help. Ever since our meeting four months ago, I've never looked at anyone again. Jongwoon, you're the only one for me and I want us to take another step together. So, will you marry me?"

"Yes... yes, I do!"

"I'm glad to hear that but can you take this handcuff off for me? It's kinda hard putting the ring on with this thing restricting me."

"O-Of course!"

 

Jongwoon quickly inserts a key and unlocks the handcuff. His boyfriend places the handcuff on the table beside him while he massages his stiff wrists. With the last obstacle gone, Kyuhyun resumes his proposal with a fond smile. The police officer beams in tears while offering his left hand to him. He gently puts the ring on his boyfriend's ring finger and it fits perfectly. He kisses the dainty hand and looks up at his (now) fiance.

 

"Thank you, Jongwoon, for this honor to be by your side and make you happy."

"T-Thank you for this honor too, Kyuhyun. I-I promise to stay by your side forever, in h-happiness and sadness."

 

Kyuhyun snorts fondly and stands up to brush tears away from the chubby cheeks that he adores so much.

 

"Shh... don't cry, Jongwoon..."

"I-I'm sorry, I-I..."

 

He gently rains a soft kiss all over his fiance's face, starting at his forehead to each eyelid, from the tip of his reddened nose to chubby cheeks, before ending at the trembling lips. One hand at his fiance's nape and another cradling his face, Kyuhyun kisses the tears away until Jongwoon's sobbing changes into a low ...

 

 

Click.

 

 

"Eh...?"

 

Jongwoon flutters his eyelids open in a delirious state, drunken in love and affection from his (soon-to-be) husband. His common sense tingles weirdly at a devilish smirk on Kyuhyun's handsome face.

 

"Kyuhyun, what did you—"

 

Clang 

 

Blinking dumbly, Jongwoon looks at his hands and blushes after seeing a familiar handcuff on his wrists.

 

"What!!? When did you put this o— ah!"

 

The black-haired officer yelps when the taller man gently pushes him down on the metal table. Jongwoon blushes redder when his fiance pins his restricted wrists above his head. Smirking almost too gleefully, Kyuhyun slowly leans down until their lips barely brushing. The handsome face shifts to the side and whispers huskily by his ear.

 

"It'd be a shame if we don't put this handcuff to good use, don't you think?"

"Kyuhyun! Wait! We aren't— hng!"

 

Words get stuck in his throat when he feels a hand slowly caressing its way up to his inner thigh. Jongwoon turns his head to the side and bites his bottom lip to block a moan, while Kyuhyun his neck and fondles his thigh higher and higher up...

 

 

*BONK!*

 

 

"GO TO JAIL THIS INSTANT!!!"

"Ouch!! What the hell!!?"

 

Kyuhyun curses angrily at the lost opportunity. Turning around to find the culprit, his glare immediately changes into a surrender gesture when he sees the three mama bears. Ryeowook and Seulgi glare dagger at him while Heechul helps take off the handcuff for Jongwoon.

 

"You!" Ryeowook points at him, "you may be Jongwoonie hyung's husband now but I won't let you molest him as you want!"

"That's right!" Seulgi adds, "it's our duty to protect Jongwoon oppa's honor!"

"Alright, that's enough, kids."

 

Heechul steps in between them while Jongwoon stands by Kyuhyun's side quietly. His whole face is burning bright as he looks down to avoid everyone. The oldest officer ruffles the two younger officers' heads while smiling at them in fondness, though his gaze instantly turns sharper when he looks at Kyuhyun.

 

"You. I don't care how much connection you have. If you ever make Jongwoonie shed even a single tear, we'll hunt you down, beat your to a pulp, and leave you rotten in jail. Understood?"

"Don't worry," Kyuhyun chuckles in mirth, "I swear on my life that what you worry about won't happen. I'll love and treasure Jongwoon until death do us part."

 

Although the three police officers still glare at him, there is no heat in their gazes so Kyuhyun faces them head-on bravely. After a while, Heechul laughs boisterously and lightly punches Kyuhyun's shoulder with a foxy grin.

 

"Good, good! I love your guts!"

 

Then, Heechul picks up the handcuff lying on the table and throws it to Kyuhyun who catches it with ease.

 

"I'll let your borrow it for one night."

 

Heechul smirks. The four people in the room have a different reaction to the older man's words— Kyuhyun smirking back with a curt nod, Ryeowook and Seulgi gasping in disbelief at their senior, while Jongwoon turning even redder at his fiance's burning gaze that sensually sweeps up and down his body.

 

"Don't forget to clean and disinfect it before returning!"

"I will."

 

After receiving a promise from Kyuhyun, Heechul winks at his flustered junior and drags the two noisy mama bears out, leaving the couple alone in the room. Kyuhyun whistles and spins the handcuff with his finger, before glancing at the shorter man and smirking.

 

 

"So?" Kyuhyun basically purrs, "shall we put this handcuff to good use for real this time?"