Finale

Can We Be More? [editing process]

Minji hesitates for a moment. She doesn't know how to answer him. What is she suppose to say? No? Yes? All of a sudden, Ji-ho grabs her hand and gives Minji back the broom. "Don't think too hard." he replies, "I can wait for you." As he walks back to use the mop, Minji asks him, "Where's Kyungwoo?" Ji-ho turns to look at his classmate and says, "He's probably headed home." 'That bastard...skipping on cleaning duties.' Ji-ho lets out a chuckle. "What?" she asks. "Nothing; let's get started or else we'll be here forever." And so, he closes the classroom door behind him; however, he never left. Ji-ho stood there in silence, pondering on what he should've said to Minji. 'I should've told her that Kyungwoo is looking out for her but would she even listen if I told her?'

One hour later Minji and Ji-ho have finish cleaning; they grab their belongings and head out of school grounds. "You hungry?" Ji-ho asks.

"No."
"How about—"
"Ji-ho," Minji replies, "I really don't
know what Kyungwoo said to you but I'm not interested."

As she walks away from her colleague, Ji-ho heads in the opposite direction instead of following after Minji. 'Should I have followed her?' he thought to himself, 'It's not like Jo Seungmin is waiting for Minji at her door.'

Turning the corner to her home, Minji bumps into Bang Yeseul. "Yeseul?" she asks. "I came to ask you about something." Yeseul replies.

"If it's about Kyungwoo, then you can talk with him yourself."
"This is not about Kyungwoo, Yang Minji."

Minji lets out a heavy sigh.

"This is about you." she explains, "What the hell is wrong with you?"
"What are you talking about?" Minji asks, "I don't
understand where you are coming from."

"I'm talking about you rejecting Seo Ji-ho earlier."
'. She must've caught us in the classroom.'
"Are you going to keep flirting with every
single boy in our school?" Yeseul asks, "What's wrong with—"

"I'm not doing anything." Minji confesses, "There
is nothing special about me."

Brushing shoulders with her schoolmate, Minji attempts to hurry home; however, she is stopped by Jo Seungmin. "Are you sure that you don't have anything special?" he mocks. Minji looks back at Yeseul, who is holding her phone with Seungmin's caller ID on the screen, and turns her attention to Seungmin. "Sweetie," he continues, "you got two boys following after you everyday; why not get yourself a man like me?"

"You're no man in my eyes." MInji snaps,
"You're a bully."
"A bully?" Seungmin scoffs.
"Yes."

Seungmin grabs a hold onto Minji's shoulders and immediately pushes her up against the wall. "What are you doing?!" she asks. "Your little friend there asked me to deal with you personally." Seungmin explains, referring to Yeseul, "And we'll see if Lee Gang and his friend will still want you in the end." "Do your worst." Minji scoffs, "I bet you're not even as good as they are."

"Oh really?"
"Really."

He smirks at Minji's confidence and turns to Yeseul, saying, "Did you catch that, Yeseul?" "All of it." she replies, "Everything to lure Kyungwoo and Ji-ho." "All of what?" Minji asks, in confusion, "What are you two planning?"

"Make sure to send those two to the right location." Seungmin replies,
ignoring Minji, "Tell 'em to be there within an hour."
"Yeseul!" Minji exclaims.
"Have fun, Yang Minji." she replies.

After that, Yeseul walks away from the two without saying another word. '.' Minji thought. Seungmin, unexpectingly, grabs something from his pocket and immediately covers Minji's mouth and nose to knock her out; he then proceeds to carry her on his back and head for his hideout.

Meanwhile at Jooyoung's apartment, Kyungwoo and the gang are waiting for Ji-ho. "He should be here by now." Jarim replies. "Doesn't he have to walk Minji home?" Byung Hoon says. All of a sudden, Kyungwoo's cellphone began to buzz. He picks it up without looking at the caller ID and answers, "Hello?" "Kyungwoo?!" Ji-ho shouts, over the line, "Did you check your messages?"

"What messages?"
"I didn't do what you said." Ji-ho explains,
"Jo Seungmin got Minji."

'!'

"Do you know where they're heading?" Kyungwoo
asks, anxiously, "Any hints in those text messages?"
"I'm heading there right now. You better hurry
though; I don't know if he'll have anyone else with them."
"Thanks for calling, Ji-ho."

Kyungwoo ends the call and quickly grabs his belongings, which shocks everyone. "Woah woah woah," Ah-ram replies, stopping Kyungwoo from walking out the door, "where are you going?" "Jo Seungmin is blackmailing us with Minji." Kyungwoo explains, "I don't know why but I can't stay long." He shoves Ah-ram aside and walks out. Immediately, Jooyoung and Jarim follow after him in attempt to stop Kyungwoo. "You can't go now, Kyungwoo." Jooyoung says, blocking his friend from stepping out of the property, "What if he's lying?"

"This is different from Nam Yu Ri." Kyungwoo replies,
"Seungmin isn't the same guy he was in middle school."
"But let us see the texts." Jarim demands, "We can't
confirm anything unless we see proof."

Kyungwoo unlocks his phone for Jooyoung and Jarim, opens up the messaging app and hands it to them. To their surprise, it's true. Swiping up and down, all the photos included Jo Seungmin and Minji in the frames. "Ji-ho is headed there right now." Kyungwoo explains, "I'll send it to the group chat and hopefully we're not too late." "Take Ah-ram with you." Jarim suggests, "It'll be better for you and Ji-ho." He nods. "Where are they located exactly?" Jooyoung asks. "Ilsam Middle School." Kyungwoo replies.

At Seungmin's meeting spot, Minji recovers from the effects and finds herself in a dark baseball storage shed. 'Where am I?' she thought, 'Where is Jo Seungmin?' With a flick of a switch, a single bulb of light shines from the short ceiling of the shed and Jo Seungmin appears in front of Minji's eyes. "Finally up, I see." he replies, approaching her. As he kneels before her, Seungmin examines her from top to bottom. "Watch where you're looking." Minji snaps, without hesitations, "I can report you for—" "And how are you going to do that?" Seungmin scoffs, "All of your belongings are in another location nearby; they won't be able to contact you."

"Kyungwoo and Ji-ho are smarter than you think."
"Really? Then why didn't one send you home today?"

Minji doesn't answer Seungmin's question. "Seungmin," his friend says, "they're here." "Keep them busy." Seungmin commands, "I'm going to have my fun in here." Minji's eyes widen at his words and knew that she have to come up with something quick. In the corner of her sight, she immediately grabs a lingering baseball and slams it against Seungmin's face, resulting him to fall aside as Minji makes a run for her life out of the shed. "Go after her, you bastards!" Seungmin shouts, "Don't let her get away!" "But what about Kyungwoo?" his other friend asks.

"Forget about Kyungwoo. We need to
find his special friend first."

"Why would he bring Minji here?" Ji-ho asks, as they're walking towards the school building, "It's an odd location." "Kyungwoo probably didn't tell you about this." Ahram replies, "Jo Seungmin and him used to be friends back in middle school." "Ahram, now is not the time to tell that story." Kyungwoo replies. "He's gonna find out sooner or later." Kyungwoo shakes his head but they all come to a stop. "What's wrong?" Ahram asks.

"I thought I heard something."
"Like?"
"I don't know but I think it's
coming from the side."

Kyungwoo's cellphone began to ring aloud. "!" he exclaims, wrestling to grab it out of his pocket. Managing to pull it out, Kyungwoo takes a look at the caller ID but it's an unknown number. Without hesitant, he answers it.

"Kyungwoo—?!"
"Minji?"
"I can't talk for long." she says,
"Seungmin and his friends could be anywhere."
"Where are you located right now?" Kyungwoo asks.

Right before she could answer, Minji got startled by the rustling sound of bushes being beaten around. "Anyone found her yet?!" Seungmin shouts. "Not at all." one answers, while panting. "Nope." another replies. Pulling her phone up to her head, she whispers, "I came out of the baseball shed but—" Suddenly, Minji is pulled out of her hiding spot and comes face to face with Seungmin. "Thought you could run away from me, huh?" he says. She does not answer him, trying to hide the anonymous phone as best as she can. "Baseball shed?" Kyungwoo asks, ending the call, "The baseball field?" "Of course it is, dummy." Ahram replies, "Let's get going."

"Who are you trying to call?" Seungmin asks, approaching her, "Kyungwoo or that new kid?" "None of your business." Minji replies, backing away, "Doesn't matter who I call." He grabs the collar of her school uniform and pulls her close against his face. "One kiss from you and I'll let you go free." he offers, with a sly smirk. "For someone as ugly as you," Ahram responds, "I would rather kiss my teacher's ." Seungmin and Minji turn their attentions to her voice and suddenly found most of Seungmin's goons on the ground. "Ahram!" Minji exclaims. "Where's Lee Gang and his friend?" Seungmin asks, releasing Minji from his grasp, "Were they too scared to face me?"

"Oh...you wish."

All of a sudden, the entire baseball field lit up like at a real stadium. "What?" Over the intercom, they all hear someone say, "Jo Seungmin, you are under arrest for the kidnapping and assult of Yang Minji." "Lee Gang?!" he exclaims, "Show yourself, you bastard!!" Just then, Seungmin is tackled onto the ground with a surprise attack from a police officer.

"Let go of me!" 
"Not until we get to that station, boy."

Ahram runs to Minji's side and pulls her close. "You deserve what's coming for ya, Jo Seungmin." Ahram replies, "Think twice before taking Kyungwoo's girlfriend." "Ahram!" Minji exclaims, "Kyungwoo and I are—" "Shh!" Once the police officer and his crew began rallying up Seungmin and his gang off the baseball field, Ji-ho, Jarim and Jooyoung all come running towards Ahram and Minji. "Where's Kyungwoo?" Ahram asks, "I thought he said he stayed longer." "We don't know where he went." Jooyoung replies, "He left without telling us."

"That bastard." she said.
"Ahram...."
"What? Can't I say that even if he's
my friend?"

"No." everyone answers.
"I was joking."
"Sure you were." Jarim replies.

Ahram scoffs and decides to contact Kyungwoo herself. He does not answer his phone. "Aish~!" she exclaims, "Out of all the times I call, he does not answer; doesn't he know that we're worried about him?" "Let's get going before we get into more trouble." Jarim replies, 'We're here after hours without permission." Heading their separate ways, Ahram decides to tag along with Jarim and Jooyoung while Ji-ho escorts Minji home.

Upon reaching her neighborhood, Ji-ho and Minji stay silent amongst each other. "T-thanks for helping save me today." Minji replies. "I shouldn't be the one to thank." Ji-ho replies, "I only helped out a little." "Don't tell me that Kyungwoo—"

"He was worried about you and Jo Seungmin. Ever since your second
encounter with him, Kyungwoo had asked me to watch over you
on his behalf but you rejected my offer."

Minji stops in her track at Ji-ho's words. 'But why?' she thought to herself, 'After everything we have gone through, why would he help someone who doesn't want to be his friend?' Ji-ho glances over his shoulder to look at Minji and saw that she is far behind him. "Minji?" he asks, running back to her side, "Minji, is everything okay?" She does not answer him back. All of a sudden, Ji-ho's phone began to ring...the caller is Kyungwoo. He answers it without giving away who it is. "Hello?" Ji-ho asks. "Did you bring Minji home?"  Kyungwoo asks, over the phone.

"We're almost home but she's—"
"Can you hand the phone over Minji?"

Ji-ho hands over his phone to Minji and says, "It's for you." "Who's calling?" she asks. Ji-ho doesn't dare to answer and puts it in her hand. "Hello?" Minji asks. "Did Yeseul have to do anything with this?" Kyungwoo asks.

"Kyungwoo—"
"You don't have to lie for Yeseul, Minji." Kyungwoo replies,
"She doesn't deserve your apology either."
"Then why did you reject her that same way you did
with me?" Minji asks.

"Because I truly like you, Yang Minji." Kyungwoo shouts, around the corner. Minji turns to the sound of Kyungwoo's voice and sees him with his phone up to his ears. "And I know you still like me."

SIDE STORY

"You're letting go of Minji?" Kyungwoo asks, as Ji-ho and him are quietly sneaking in the middle school building, "Why all of a sudden?" "Don't tell me that you believed in everything Minji had said to you." Ji-ho replies. Kyungwoo gives him a confused look. 'Is he saying that Minji has been lying this whole time?'

"Minji isn't interested in me at all." he explains,
"She seems to already have someone else."
"So you're saying that Minji may still like me?" Kyungwoo asks.
"She still likes you." Ji-ho reassures, "She just doesn't want
to say it."

Kyungwoo, still confused about the whole conversation, then asks, "When did you realize this?" "Ever since Jarim texted me about you and Minji." Ji-ho explains.

"When did Jarim text you?"
"The day Jarim went to talk with Minji. She questioned Minji
about liking you or me; however, she wasn't clear on her
answer."

Breaking the conversation, Kyungwoo's phone ranged once again. This time, it is Jarim. "Hello?" he answers. "Are you going to tell Minji again?" she asks, over the phone, "Cause if you don't, I will beat you." "You want me to confess to Minji again?" Kyungwoo questions, "Why all of a sudden?"

"Minji doesn't like Ji-ho the way you
think she does, you idiot." Jarim explains, "Even I
can tell from my conversation with her last time."

"Was she hesitant to answer?" he asks.
"Yes."
"Because when I asked her if she liked Ji-ho or me,
she too hesitated to answer." Kyungwoo replies,
now realizing the pattern.

END OF SIDE STORY

Minji ends the call and hands Ji-ho's phone back to him. "It's about time you and Kyungwoo make up." Ji-ho replies, "But if he does anything to you, just let me know." As soon as Kyungwoo approaches them, Ji-ho takes his leave and heads on home. Minji looks up at Kyungwoo with almost tearful eyes. "Why are you crying?" Kyungwoo asks, cupping her face and wiping away her tears, "Did you think something bad would happen to me?" She shook her head. "Then why are you crying, Yang Minji?" he asks again.

"I thought you would never
come and help me." Minji replies, "Especially
when it involves Jo Seungmin."

Kyungwoo sighs heavily at her answer.

"Any bastard like Jo Seungmin deserves
a beating." he explains, "And I couldn't
let him do anything bad to my friend."

Minji removes Kyungwoo's hands from her face and says, "I should probably head home; my omma must've been worried about me." "Would it be better if we go together?" Kyungwoo asks, "I don't think you'll be able to explain everything to her in one sitting." She nods in agreement and the two head for Minji's place to explain the situation.

The next day at school, the whole gang, excluding Kyungwoo and Minji, hangs out on the schoolyard before the first bell rang. "So are they official yet?" Jooyoung asks, "Ji-ho didn't say if Kyungwoo and Minji made up." "Do I need to say that they're official?" Ji-ho asks. "It seems like it; just look." Ahram replies, pointing to the door. Kyungwoo and Minji eventually come hand-in-hand together and he asks, "What's the whole gang doing out here?" "We were discussing whether you and Minji finally made up as friends or as a couple." Jin Hee explains, "So which one is it?"

Kyungwoo pulls Minji close to his tall stature and says, "It's up to Minji if we should take it a step further than before." "Why do you say that?" Minji asks, looking up at Kyungwoo, "Didn't I already agree?"

"Well, you never said you like me back."
"Yes I did."
"No you didn't." everyone else explains.

In defeat, Minji looks at everyone once and then back to Kyungwoo. "I like you." she says, softly. "Sorry, I didn't hear you." Kyungwoo teases, "Can you say it once more?" "I like you." Minji repeats. "Louder!" "I LIKE YOU!" "LOUDER!" "I LIKE YOU!" "WHO DO YOU LIKE?!" "I LIKE YOU LEE KYUNGWOO!" she shouts. Their group of friends cheer with joy and laughter. Embarrassed by her action, Minji buries her face into Kyungwoo's body to hide her flushed face. Kyungwoo gently pushes Minji off of him, cups her face and leans in to seal a gentle kiss for his new girlfriend.

t h e   e n d
• • ​​​​​​•​​​​​​​ • ​​​​​​​•

AUTHOR'S WORDS: sorry if this ending wasn't what everyone wanted but we all know we wanted kyungwoo and minji to be together in the end lol. i just couldn't come up with a better way to make them come together as boyfriend and girlfriend 'cause writer's block. but this is the end of this 4-part story of an attempted spin-off of the popular web-drama, love revolution; hope you enjoy it :)