Part Two

Can We Be More? [editing process]

Hiding in the upstairs' bathroom, Minji sits in the last stall, holding her legs up against her tiny stature as her head rests on her kneecaps. 'Lee Kyungwoo....why do you make me feel this way?' All of a sudden, she feels a vibration from her jacket's pocket. Minji pulls out her phone and sees a text message from an unknown number. "Who's this?" she questions, opening the text.

(0**) 2**0-8**4 : meet me after school; i want to talk with you.
who are you : minji
(0**) 2**0-8**4 : you'll find out soon.

At the sound of the bell, Minji fix herself before heading back to class. At the end of the school day, Ahram confronts Minji and asks, "Where were you during lunch?" "I had to take a call." she lies, "Sorry I couldn't be there." "Kyungwoo is the same." Jin-hee adds on, "He wasn't there at lunch either, Ahram." "Yeah." "Well I didn't see him." Minji responds, getting up from her seat, "I'm heading home then." Walking out of school ground, Minji is greeted by Ji-ho. "Ji-ho...." she says. "Did you get my text?" he asks, holding up his phone.

"That was you?"
"Yeah; I asked Ahram for your
phone number eariler."
"You could've asked me yourself."
"You seemed so busy trying
to take care of things for me."

'I guess...' she thought. "Can I ask you something?" Ji-ho asks. "Huh?" "What are you and Lee Kyungwoo to each other?" "There is nothing going on between me and Lee Kyungwoo." Minji explains, "He's just a typical playboy." "Am I now?" Kyungwoo asks, approaching behind Minji. She instantly hides behind Ji-ho, unconsciously gripping onto his uniform, and almost curse out her voice. "Is Yang Minji scared of the great Lee Kyungwoo?" he teases. "Why did you have to do that?" Minji whines, childishly while peeking from Ji-ho's back, "You should know that I hate that, Lee Kyungwoo!"

"Thought it was a good idea for
Ji-ho to know how much of a scaredy-cat
you are."

Ahram comes behind Kyungwoo and scares the crap out of him. "Got ya!" she exclaims. "Aish!" Kyungwoo exclaims, "What's wrong with you, Ahram?"

"Everything."
"Why I outta—"

During their dispute, Ji-ho glances behind and sees Minji still holding onto him. At the same time, Minji has made eye contact with him. They both blush bright pink and immediately turn away from each other. 'We looked at each other?!' they both thought, simultaneously. "Stop fighting, you two!" Jarim snaps, "It's almost embarrassing to have you two as friends!" "Jarim-ah~," Jooyoung replies, trying to calm her down, "don't joke around like that; you know Kyungwoo and Aharm are always like this."

"Not in front of Ji-ho, though." Jarim explains,
"How would he feel if he sees everyone fighting with
each other, Jooyoung?"
"Y-you're r-right."

"It's okay." Ji-ho replies, "All friends are meant to have fights ever so often." "Minji," Jin Hee replies, coming to the group, "how long are you going to be holding onto Ji-ho?" Minji finally remembers where her hands were and eventually lets go of Ji-ho's outer jacket. "S-sorry, Ji-Ho." Minji apologizes, "I completely forgot." "It's not even her fault, Jin Hee." Ahram explains, "It's all Kyungwoo's fault."

"It is not my fault!" Kyungwoo snaps back.
"Yes it is."
"No it's not."
"Yes it is."

"If you two keep fighting like that," Kyungmin replies, "you two might end up dating each other." "STAY OUT OF THIS, FOUR EYES!" they both shouted. Jarim eventually pulls Ahram away from Kyungwoo and replies, "No more fighting, you dogs! No more fighting or else!" Ahram nods innocently at Jarim while Kyungwoo just scoffs at her words. "Let me walk you home, Minji." Ji-ho offers, "If you don't mind." "Seo Ji-ho~" Byung Hoon replies, mockingly, "aren't you so brave to ask that?!" "Yah!" Jin Hee exclaims, "Can't you see that Minji is going to be—" 

"I'll be fine, Ji-Ho." Minji replies, reassuring everyone,
"I don't need anyone to walk me home."

After saying that, Minji heads on her way home without saying anything else. Ji-ho watch with worried eyes but then turns his attention to Kyungwoo and the gang. 'Thanks for the so-called first tip, expert.' he thought to himself. Ji-ho, too, began to head on home; opposite from Minji's direction. "Let's go, Jarim." Ahram replies, pulling onto her friend's arm, "I send details about tomorrow's hang out to everyone." "You coming along, Kyungwoo?" Jooyoung asks. "You guys go ahead." he replies, "I forgot to tell Minji something." With that excuse, Kyungwoo leaves the friend circle to chase after Minji. "I wonder what he has to say to Minji." Jin Hee says.

"He's probably gonna try and scare her again." Kyungmin answers, scarcastically.
"Say that one more time and you're gonna
get it, Kyungmin." Ahram replies, "Especially Kyungwoo if I find out from Minji."

► QUICK SIDE STORY

Walking back to the classroom after lunch, Ji-ho receives a text message from Kyungwoo saying:

Kyungwoo: Offer to walk Minji home today after school
How? :Ji-ho
Kyungwoo: This is Minji's number
Kyungwoo: Text her that you need to meet
her after school by the gates
Kyungwoo: I'm sure she won't deny it

Ji-ho sighs heavily and does as Kyungwoo had instructed in the text.

While waiting by the gates, Ji-ho texts Kyungwoo:

What if she rejects me? :Ji-ho
Kyungwoo:
Minji is an easy girl
Kyungwoo: She'll fall for anything

► END OF SIDE STORY

Halfway from home, Minji eventually stops in her track and turns around to see Kyungwoo behind her. "Lee Kyungwoo?!" she asks, "Why are you—" "Why did you reject Ji-ho's offer?" he asks, "He was going to walk you home."

"I don't need anyone to walk me home."
"Oh really?"

Minji takes in a deep breath and confronts him by saying, "What's your problem, Lee Kyungwoo?" "Nothing." he retorts, "Nothing at all."

"Something has been bothering you."
"What makes you say that, Yang Minji?" Kyungwoo asks,
walking closer to her, "Is there something that you want to know?"
"You are a crazy bastard." she replies.

Minji proceeds to walk away; however, Kyungwoo grabs a hold of Minji and pulls her back in his direction. "If I'm a crazy bastard," he replies, "then what are you?" "Say whatever you want to me, Kyungwoo." Minji replies, "But just remember that we aren't—" Kyungwoo brings her closer to him, as the time in the music room, halting Minji from finishing her words. "Why aren't you talking now?" he taunts, "You were doing so well trying to tell me off like that." 'What's his problem?' she thought, 'I was the one who ended our friendship and he's the one acting crazy when it should be me.' "Well," Kyungwoo continues, "did the cat catch your tongue?" "We aren't friends anymore." Minji replies, "You should remember that clearly."

"Of course I remember."
"But your actions say otherwise."

Kyungwoo finally lets go of Minji and heads off without saying anything else to her. She, too, head off for home again; however, neither of them realize that someone has been watching them the whole time. 'Yang Minji,' they thought, 'don't think that you can have both Seo Ji-ho and Lee Kyungwoo to yourself.' 

Ji-ho, now at home, sits at his bedroom's desk and began to piece a puzzle that has been on his mind:

'It's been two days since I've arrived. And today was really something. Should I ask Minji
about that kiss? Or should I play it cool with Kyungwoo?'

Kyungwoo, on the other hand, stares at his phone and ponders whether to call Minji. Meanwhile, she is huddled up on her bed and also staring at her cellphone.

'Do we talk about it or not?' they both thought, telepathically.

It's Saturday morning. Minji wakes up to the bright sunlight in her bedroom and hears her phone ringing. Still half-asleep, she answers it:

"Who is this?"
"Minji-ah," Ahram replies, "are you
doing anything later?"
"Why? What's the matter, Ahram?" she asks.
"I thought that we can hang out at karaoke."

Minji sits up on her bed and asks, "Is everyone else okay with that too?" "Of course they are; including Seo Ji-ho." Ahram explains, "He didn't get to know you more since you didn't go last time." 'Not if Kyungwoo is there.' she thought to herself. "Minji," Ahram continues, "I already told Kyungwoo to pick you up." "Yah~!" Minji exclaims, "Why would you do such a thing?!"

"Wae~!?"
"It's embarrassing." Minji lies.

'I shouldn't tell Ahram that me and Kyungwoo aren't friends anymore.' she thought to herself, 'She'll probably tell Jooyoung and then Jooyoung will tell Jarim etc.'

"Minji," Ahram asks, "are you hiding something from me?"
"N-no."
"You just stuttered."
"Stop messing around with me, Ahram." Minji replies, "I'll see
you there."
"But—"

Minji quickly hangs up on Ahram and tosses her phone aside. "What are you going to do, Yang Minji?" she asks herself, "You can't hide this any longer." All of a sudden, her phone vibrates besides her and she sees Kyungwoo's ID on her screen. 'He's here....'

Coming out of her house, Minji is wearing a soft denim tea dress paired with white sneakers and a miniature, over-the-shoulder black purse.

( visual take on Minji's outfit )

Kyungwoo, on the other hand, is wearing a pale blue Ralph Lauren button-up shirt paired with ripped denim jeans, black belt and white sneakers.

( visual take on Kyungwoo's outfit )

Coming through the gates, Minji takes a look at Kyungwoo's outfit and immediately froze. 'Crap!' she thought to herself, 'Why are we suddenly matching?' "About time you're out." Kyungwoo replies, bursting her thoughts, "Let's hurry and meet up with the others." Minji nods and follows behind him. During their walk, Kyungwoo can notice the other alpha males thirsting for Minji's attention towards them. Instantly, he puts his arm around her petite shoulder and pulls her closer to him. Minji glances up at Kyungwoo and then shove his arm off of her. "Keep your distance, Lee Kyungwoo." she said, under her breath. Kyungwoo scoffs at her mutter and replies, "Can't you tell that you're drawing an eating frenzy?" "Huh?" Minji exclaims, stopping in her tracks, "What are you trying to say?" Kyungwoo stops as well and looks at the pint-sized girl. 'Does she not understand what I'm trying to do?' he thought, 'She isn't seeing what I'm seeing.' "What do you mean by eating frenzy?" Minji asks.

"People are staring at you, Yang Minji."
"Me?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Look at yourself in the mirror." he replies,
"You'll understand what I mean."

Without saying another word, Kyungwoo walks off without Minji. "What?" she asks herself, "Why would people be staring at me?" As she attempts to catch up with Kyungwoo, someone blocks her off. "Excuse me." she replies, trying to get through. "What's the rush, sweetie?" he asks, "You don't have time to talk with me." Minji reaches into her purse to find her phone; however, the stranger grabs her small wrist and pulls it away from the purse. "W-what the hell?!" Minji exclaims, trying to break free. As soon as she looks up, she recogonizes him immediately. "Long time no see."

"Aish~!" Ahram exclaims, "Imma beat them both when I see them." "Seo Ji-ho isn't here either, Ahram." Jarim replies, "Are you going to kick his too?" Ahram lets out a cry of anger and sits on the stairwell of the karaoke joint. Kyungwoo finally comes up to them and said, "Sorry for being late." "I thought Minji was suppose to come with you?" Jin-hee replies, "Did she not want to come?"

"She knows her way."
"That's not like a gentleman, Kyungwoo." Jooyoung replies.
"And how would you know what a gentleman is, Jooyoung?" Kyungwoo backfires.

"A gentleman should always walk with his lady." he explains, wrapping his arms around Jarim's shoulder, "He is her protector." "Shut up, Ji-ho is calling." Ahram replies. She quickly answers her phone and began to have a conversation with him. "You saw Minji with who?!" Ahram exclaims, "A-are y-you— W-where are they going?!" The phone call gets cut off. "Aish~!" she replies. "What did he say?" Jooyoung asks. "Some bastard took Minji." Ahram explains, "Ji-ho is going after them." "But who?" Jin-hee asks, "We don't know—" "I'll be back." Kyungwoo replies. "Kyungwoo, where are you going?" Jooyoung asks.

Ji-ho shoves the bastard from behind with his whole body, leading him fall forward and clash with the concrete boardwalk, letting go of Minji's wrist in the process. "Jiho-ah?!" she exclaims, recognizing him. "If she says let go, then let her go." Ji-ho replies. He gets up from the ground, wipes away any dirt from his hands and immediately grabs onto Ji-ho's shirt. "Jo Seungmin-sshi!" Minji exclaims. "So, you're the boyfriend?" he asks, cockly, "Where's Lee Gang?" "Who?" Ji-ho asks. Seungmin scoffs at his response and finally lets him go. "Just tell Lee Kyungwoo that I said hi." he replies, "I'm sure he'll be glad that you two bumped into me today." Just like that, he leaves with a narcissistic smirk. "The hell is wrong with him?!" Ji-ho replies, under his breath. He turns his attention to Minji as she looks at him with worrisome eyes. "I-I'm fine, Minji." he reassures, with a bright smile.

"I caused more trouble for you, didn't I?"
"Not at all." Ji-ho says, "You looked like you
really needed someone to help you."

"Looked like you handled it well, Seo Ji-ho." Kyungwoo replies, walking up to them, "Who was he?" "Jo Seungmin." Minji explains, "Where were you hiding instead of helping out Ji-ho?" 'That crazy bastard!' Kyungwoo thought. "How's your wrist, Minji?" Ji-ho asks, noticing how red it was. "I'll be fine." Minji replies, "It's nothing." Kyungwoo gently takes her wrist upon his grasp and began to look at it with Ji-ho watching. "I'm sure Jooyoung brought some medicine cream with him." Kyungwoo explains, carefully inspecting, "If not, we'll have to buy it on the way." "I got some on hand." Ji-ho announces, pulling a small tube from his side pocket, "It's not much but here you go." Minji pulls away from Kyungwoo's grasp and takes Ji-ho's medicine cream. "Thanks, Ji-ho." she replies, with a smile. 

Returning to the karaoke joint, Ji-ho, Minji and Kyungwoo meet up with the crew. "Glad you guys are okay." Byung Hoon replies, "We thought we would need to cancel today's hang out." "Ji-ho handled it fine." Kyungwoo replies, "He didn't need back-up at all."

"Were you some hero back at your school, Seo Ji-ho?" Kyungmin asks.
"Not really, but I have my stories."
"Oh~!" everyone awed.

After catching up with the whole situation, they all head inside to have their fun.

"You met Jo Seungmin?" Jooyoung asks, referring to Kyungwoo. "Not person-to-person." Kyungwoo explains, "But Ji-ho and Minji did." Jooyoung sighs heavily and thought, 'Why would he attack both Ji-ho and Minji?' Kyungwoo looks down at his hands and began to form fists with them. 'I should've gone and helped her.' Kyungwoo thought, 'I should've waited for her.' Minji comes out of the karaoke room with Jarim and the two head over to Kyungwoo and Jooyoung. "I thought you two were going to get snacks." Jarim replies. "We were, darling." Jooyoung replies, "We just needed to get some fresh air." Jarim raises her brows at Jooyoung's excuse but still heads for the snack shop with Jooyoung following after her like a puppy. Minji shook her head and replies, "Jarim must be so lucky." Kyungwoo looks at Minji and then at Jarim and Jooyoung. 'It would be nice, wouldn't it.' "Minji!" Ji-ho replies, approaching them. "Ji-ho?" she asks.

"I bought some gauze to cover your
injured wrist."

Minji is taken aback by his kindness and takes the bag from Ji-ho. "How can I repay you?" she asks, "This must've cost you—" "Just go out with him." Kyungwoo replies, heading back inside the room, "Treat him out for dinner or something if you feel bad." Minji and Ji-ho look at each other and then back at the karaoke door. 'What's his problem?' she thought to herself. Fast-forward three hours later, Jooyoung and Jarim heads on their way home; Byung Hoon, Kyungmin, Ahram and Jin Hee decided to grab a late dinner, and this leaves Kyungwoo with Minji and Ji-ho. "Should we get going?" Ji-ho asks, referring to Minji. "You don't have to walk me home, Ji-ho." Minji replies, "I'll be fine on my own." "Just take her home, Ji-ho." Kyungwoo replies, "She doesn't know what she's talking about." "Lee Kyungwoo!" Minji exclaims, turning to her classmate, "I don't need you to make my choices for me; if I said that I'm fine, then I'm fine!" Frustrated, she immediately stomps off from the duo and heads home. Kyungwoo scoffs and says, "She could've just told me nicely." As he's about to head off as well, Ji-ho asks, "What are you to Yang Minji, Kyungwoo?"

"What do you mean? I'm helping you out here
Seo Ji-ho, remember?" he replies, stopping in his track.
"I don't think so."

Kyungwoo turns to face Ji-ho, who is making his way down the steps, comes to negotiate the plans once more. "What makes you think that I'm not—" "You kissed her that day, didn't you?" Ji-ho asks, "You kissed Yang Minji." "Don't be ridiculous." Kyungwoo denies, "I wouldn't dare kiss someone like her." Ji-ho, still not understanding Kyungwoo's logic, then shrugs his shoulders and head off home. 'How did he know about that?' Kyungwoo thought to himself, as he watches Ji-ho walk, 'How did he know that I kissed Minji?'

Moving onto Monday, Kyungwoo can't help but wonder if Ji-ho saw him and Minji. 'He's probably lying.' he thought, 'No one else was in that area when it happened.' "What's wrong with you?" Ahram asks, walking up to him, "You look like you're thinking for once." "What is it to you?" Kyungwoo asks, "I can think whenever I want." Ahram scoffs and immediately spots Ji-ho coming into the classroom. "Ji-ho!" she exclaims, running up to him. "Ahram, what is it?" he asks. Ahram quickly drags him out of the classroom without explaining her plan. "Weirdo." Kyungwoo says, under his breath. "Who's a weirdo?" Jarim asks.

"Ahram is."
"How is she the weirdo?" Jin Hee asks, walking
to the back corner.
"Do you two think that Ji-ho likes Minji?" Kyungwoo asks,
"Like honestly, can you give me your opinions?"

Jarim and Jin Hee look at each other and then back at Kyungwoo. "Well?" he asks. "It's hard to tell." Jarim replies, "Cause I don't care." "Same." Jin Hee replies, "If Ji-ho likes Minji, then he should just ask her out like Jooyoung asked Jarim." Minji walks into the classroom and takes her seat beside Jarim. "Where's Ahram?" she asks. "She is somewhere with Ji-ho." Jarim explains. Minji nods to acknowledge and then receives a text message from Ji-ho.

Ji-ho: Are you at school yet?
Yes. I just arrived. :Minji
I'm in the classroom. :Minji
Ji-ho: I'll be back soon
Ji-ho: Ahram needed me to do something
for her

"Who's texting you?" Jin Hee asks, trying to take a peek at Minji's phone. "It's Ji-ho." Minji answers, "He's wondering if I made it to class yet." Kyungwoo shook his head and ends up leaving. "Where are you going, Kyungwoo?" Kyungmin asks, walking in, "Class is about to start soon." He doesn't answer.

"Does anyone know what's wrong with Kyungwoo?"
"Not at all." Jarim replies.
"Yeah! He's been acting up lately since Ji-ho got here." Jin-hee adds.

On the school roof, Kyungwoo leans over the barrier fence and looks into the sky, hoping to clear his mind.

'I do not like Yang Minji.'
'I am not in love with Yang Minji.'
'I rejected Yang Minji.'
'Why am I crazy for Yang Minji?'

He sighs heavily. "There's no way that I'm in love with Yang Minji." Kyungwoo told himself, "There's no way I have feelings for Yang Minji." "I know something was fishy!!" Ahram exclaims, popping through the door. Kyungwoo instantly turns to face his friend and realizes that he had exposed himself to the biggest mouth of the whole school. "Ahram?!" he shouts. She closes the roof door and replies, "I'll keep your secret if you tell me honestly."

"What secret?"
"You like Minji."
"I do not like Minji."
"You just said you were in love with Minji."

Kyungwoo couldn't think of anything else to say to Ahram. "Because if you don't like Minji," Ahram says, "then do you like Jarim?" "How did you know about that?!" Kyungwoo exclaims.

"Minji told me about it over the break."
"Minji told you?"
"She said she had a hunch of you liking Jarim
even though she is dating Jooyoung, is that true?"

Again, he stumbles on the truth. Yes Kyungwoo knew it's wrong to love someone else's girlfriend, especially his best friend's girlfriend. But Jarim is the reason why he and Jooyoung haven't broken their friendship after their first encounter with Jo Seungmin. Now he and Minji aren't even friends, Ji-ho is suspicious of him liking Minji, Jo Seungmin is back to cause more trouble and now Ahram knows that he likes Jarim....what else can he do? "Is that true?" Ahram asks, "Is it true that you like Jarim?" "No...." he says, in defeat, "I do not like Jarim anymore." Ahram looks at her friend with confusion. She have never seen him so broken before.

"So then you do like Minji, correct?"
"After she told me off." Kyungwoo explains.
"Told you off?" she questions, "What do you
mean by that?"
"She ended her side of the friendship with
me after she had confessed to me."

"She told you how she felt?"

Kyungwoo nods and answers, "I rejected her because of my old feelings for Jarim; but seeing her with Ji-ho, it changed my mind." Ahram walks up to stand beside him, giving him a pat on the back. "Then why did you volunteer to help Seo Ji-ho win Minji?" she asks, with curiosity, "If you don't want Ji-ho to date Minji, then stop helping him."

During the first break, student Bang Ye Seul walks into Class 1-3 and approaches Minji's desk. "Minji," Bang Ye Seul replies, "can I talk with you outside?" "Sure, Ye Seul." Minji gets up from her seat and follows the girl out of the classroom to the small courtyard.

"Can I ask you a favor?" she asks.
"Anything." Minji replies, "What is it?"
"You're close friends with Lee Kyungwoo, right?"

'Not anymore.'

"Y-yeah...."
"If you don't mind," Ye Seul replies, "can
you tell him to give me a call back?"
"Why can't you do that yourself?" Minji asks.

"A girl isn't suppose to confess her feelings to the guy she likes." Ye Seul backfires, "You should know that, right?" Not sure what else to say, Minji just nods and agrees to Ye Seul. "Remember to tell me who I am too." she adds, "I'll be waiting for him." After Ye Seul had left for class, Minji pulls out her phone and immediately forward the girl's SNS profile as well as her phone number to Kyungwoo. 'Hope I don't have to see her again.' Minji thought. Ji-ho comes out and says, "I was just looking for you." "I had to do something for a classmate." she explains, "Nothing serious."

"How's your wrist? I know it's been two
days but is it getting better?"
"It didn't have bruise or anything, Ji-ho."

"But you'll never know." Ji-ho retorts,
"Sometimes it won't show up a couple days
after the incident."

Minji smiles effortlessly at Ji-ho and asks, "Why are you so worried about me?" "Because you look like a doll." Ji-ho replies, "That's what Ahram says." Minji lets out a small laugh at his words. "Yah~!" she replies, "Why would you believe in Ahram like that?" "Because I like you, Yang Minji." he confesses. At that same time, Kyungwoo and Ahram overheard his confession to Minji as they walked out. "Y-you're joking around, Ji-ho." Minji replies, nervously, "We've been friends only less than a week and—" "I'm serious, Yang Minji." Ji-ho continues, "I know it's probably too fast for ya but I'll back off if you're not ready." Minji, still trying to digest his words from earlier, ends up walking out on Ji-ho without saying another word. Ahram rushes after Minji and gestures Kyungwoo to talk with Ji-ho.

"Where are you going, Minji?" Jarim asks, as she watches her friend pack everything into her bag, "School isn't over." "I'm not feeling well." Minji lies, "I'm going home." Ahram grabs Minji's bag and confronts her, "Why are you acting like this?" "Acting like what?" Jinhee asks, "If Minji says she's not feeling well then let her—" "Why didn't you answer Ji-ho back there?" Ahram continues, "Why are you acting like Jarim when Jooyoung asked her out?" The whole class went silent as soon as Ahram said that. "Ahram...." Minji replies. "Tell me what's going on." she demands, "You're my friend, Minji; I cannot see you act like this." Minji still doesn't spill the beans. "What about Kyungwoo?" Ahram asks, changing the topic, "What's going on with you and him?"

"Ahram," Jinhee replies, holding onto Ahram's arm, "I think that's enough."
"Jinhee's right." Jarim adds, getting up from her seat, "You shouldn't put
Minji in the spotlight."
"I demand an answer." Ahram replies, looking at Jarim
and Jinhee, "I need an answer from Minji."
"What answer?" Kyungmin asks.

"Why she decided to stop being friends with Lee Kyungwoo after she had confessed to him." Ahram explains, "Does getting rejected have to come between friendship?" Minji immediately snatches her bag from Ahram's grasp and dashes out of the classroom door. Kyungwoo and Ji-ho catches this sight and one of them decides to run after Minji to question her while the other goes back to the classroom for answers from their classmates.

"Kyungwoo and Minji aren't friends anymore?" Jinhee asks, "All because she said she likes him." "Yes, everything that I just said is true." Ahram confesses, "Kyungwoo told me personally today." "Um...Ahram." Kyungmin replies, pointing at the door. "What?" she asks, turning to the door. Everyone turns their attention to Ji-ho as he stood by the door, now knowing the full truth.

Finally catching up with Minji and stopping her by grabbing her arm, Kyungwoo asks, "Where are you going at this time?" he asks, "School is still going on." "Let me go, Lee Kyungwoo." she replies, "Everyone knows about us."

"What do you mean by that?"
"You told Ahram that I liked you." Minji replies,
"And that when you rejected me, I told you that we should
stop being friends."

"I—"

"About Seo Ji-ho and I," she continues,
"I thought we were only going to be friends."
"Ji-ho liked you since he came to this school, Minji." he explains,
"and he wanted to know how to get your attention."

Everything eventually started to add up in Minji's mind. All the small treatments from Seo Ji-ho were all planned by Kyungwoo himself. "It's you." Minji points out, "You were the only helping Ji-ho?" "I was only trying to be a good friend to the guy." Kyungwoo replies. "And why would you do that?" she asks, "You know that—"

"Because I like you too, Yang Minji."
• • • • •
[ to be continued ]

► SIDE STORY #01

Dragging Ji-ho out onto the school courtyard, Ahram asks, "Can I ask you a question?" "S-sure?" he replies.

"Do you, by chance, have a crush on Minji?"

Ji-ho scoffs it off and replies, "I-I don't know what you're talking about." "Cut the act." Ahram replies, "I know what you and Kyungwoo are doing." Ji-ho's eyes widen at her answer. "H-how did you know?" he asks, nervously. "Kyungwoo made it too obvious since Friday." she explains, "But I don't know if I should tell you this." 

"Tell me what?"
"After you left school on Friday, Kyungwoo
followed Minji in your place."

'I wonder if he wanted to confront her about that kiss in the music room.' Ji-ho thought, 'But Ahram doesn't know about them being like that.' "Now, I'm just trying to be a good friend, Ji-ho." Ahram replies, "If you don't want to lose Minji to Kyungwoo, I think you should confess your feelings to her first."

► END OF SIDE STORY #01
• • •
► SIDE STORY #02

"I told you not to confess to her." Kyungwoo replies, "What made you have the guts to say those to Minji?" Ji-ho looks at his classmate and replies, "Don't forget that I know your secret with Minji in that music room." Kyungwoo scoffs. "At least I didn't confess my feelings to my crush after being friends for four days." he backfires. Ji-ho also scoffs.

"At least I don't force her to do anything out of her consent."
"I was only testing her." Kyungwoo explains, "Nothing more."
"Oh sure."
"Why do you say that?"
"If I were you, Lee Kyungwoo," Ji-ho replies, "I would tell the girl
how I really feel about her."

Kyungwoo shook his head at Ji-ho. 'What is he trying to get out of me?' he thought to himself, 'Don't tell me that he and Ahram are planning something.'

► END OF SIDE STORY #02

AUTHOR'S WORDS: back after another long hiatus on this site. i thought i could really squeeze the story short into this chapter but oh man i couldn't do it. i really don't want to rush the story at this point i guess. i know i promise with only two chapters but as i'm writing it at this point, i feel like the story will end up having yet another chapter added. hopefully i can keep it to only three or four chapters minimum.

that's all for today; thank you for being patient with me :)