III. It's Time

ATMOS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEAR 2019 (Present)

"Come on girls, pose! Gorgeous! Beautiful! Perfection!" The photographer shouted in front of them while taking shot after shots.

 

"Okay, that's the last one, good job girls!" He says, giving the camera to his assistant. The girls walk towards the big screen to monitor how their photos will come out, as usual, they try to tease each other again.

 

"Wow, where are you looking at Joy? Does your neck hurt? Do you have a stiff neck?" Rosè teasingly looks at Joy, who just smirks at her comment.

 

"I may have a stiff neck but Yeri looks like blobfish trying to wink." Joy giggles earning a smack from the youngest.

 

"Yah Unnie! I don't look like a blobfish! Jennie-Unnie why are laughing? Aish, Lisa-Unnie help me out will you!"  The girls just teasingly laughs at their maknae and continued monitoring their photos until one particular picture pops out of the screen.

 

"She is really the definition of a goddess, isn't she?" Lisa said earning nods from her members.

 

"She is a great catch but kinda shy, boys better be stepping up their games to make sure that Baephrodite will fall for them." Joy sassily said.

 

"With boys, do you mean Suho-Oppa and Minho-Oppa?"

 

"Yes, but at the same time no, Unnie has a lot of admirers. That's why I'm wondering, why doesn't she just date someone already? She literally has an army of boys lining up for her." Jennie stated.

 

"Speaking of date, the annual gala ball is near right?" Joy says changing the topic, her members answer yes in unison.

 

"And guess what, I have a brilliant idea! Oh my goodness Joy, why are you so smart?" Joy praised herself like a proud mother.

 

"Oh no not again, the last time you had an idea it came out as a disaster. Do you remember when you planned to sneak us out so we can go to that club we saw?" Rosè cringing at the memory.

 

"Yeah that's true, you told us no one will ever catch us sneaking out because you told them that Yeri is having her period and she literally went mood swings so we need to spend time in her room and you told our Manager-Oppa he needed to leave us for a while before Yeri starts to go berserk because he looks like someone from that movie, what movie is that again?"

 

"I guess it is Hannibal or IT?" Lisa answered.

 

"Yes yes, that movie, and guess what? You forgot that Irene-unnie is also living with us!" Jennie said slightly annoyed after remembering the memory.

 

"At least the plan almost works okay, almost WORK." Joy rolling her eyes.

 

"Besides, it is not something illegal, it is for our great leader." The members look at each other, interested in what Joy is saying.

 

"Okay fine, what is that brilliant idea of yours Joy?" 

 

"Let's set Unnie a date for the upcoming gala."

 

After the photoshoot, their manager said that there is a package waiting for Irene. So Irene excuses herself and walks straight to their waiting room leaving her members to monitor the photos. She sighs seeing a familiar red box with a white ribbon wrapped around it. Irene picks up the package and notices a letter attached to the ribbon, 

 

"I'm sorry Joohyun" -Bogum.

 

She bitterly laughs at herself at how foolish she looks thinking that Bogum will say I love you, let's fix our relationship but no, she instead received back the gift she gave him for their anniversary. It also came up with a freaking note, a note that slaps her to the reality that their relationship is over. That Bogum, the man she thought she will be spending her lifetime with, throws it away like it was nothing. She quietly sobs hugging a black suit jacket, her supposing gift to the man who only broke her heart in return.

 

Stupid Joohyun, Stupid life. She whispers to herself.

 

***

 

When Black Velvet arrived at their dorm, they noticed their leader's gloomy expression. Even during the car ride, the leader didn't scold them for being noisy and talkative. Joohyun walks straight to her bedroom without saying goodnight to her members or even criticizing the photos from the shoot. Something's wrong, they all thought.

 

"Unnie, talk to her. Something is definitely not right." Rosè urged Joy.

 

"Why me? You know that her blood pressure rises up every time she sees me, there's no way she's going to talk to me without probably nagging me or anyone who asks if she is okay." Joy pointed out.

 

"You're right. She always says she's fine even though it is obvious that she has a problem." Jennie sighed.

 

"I hope there is something we can do to at least to lighten up her mood or you know make her go out and lose some stress even just for a day. Do you guys have any idea?" Lisa sugge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter