I. Dreams and the Nightmare

ATMOS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YEAR 2123 (Present)

"I would like to congratulate the five of you for your success in attacking Greendane." 

 

The man sitting in the center of the table said. He turns his seat around and looks at the group of people wearing an all-black military uniform standing in front of him. The only difference you can notice in their uniforms is the different colored armbands wrapped around each person's left forearm.

 

"It's our pleasure General" The woman with the purple armband answered.

 

"Thank you for your hard work, without your efforts we won't be able to infiltrate our enemy's base and obtain such critical information that may resolve our current situation." He smiled then stands up from his seat and walks to a nearby shelf to pour some alcohol into his glass.

 

"The Great Sire asked me to give you a reward,"

 

"And what reward is that General Lee?"

 

The General turned around taking a sip from the glass he's holding. "I would like to give you a week's vacation, so you can rest and relax. You better need to plan your vacation wisely because after that," he finishes his drink and stared at them sternly,

 

"You will be putting your lives in danger...Again."

 

***

 

After their conversation with the General, the group exited the room and walks towards the glass elevator. The girl with the red armband presses the floor button and speaks,

 

"Do you guys have any plans on how you will be spending your vacation?" Jisoo asks while looking at her squadmates enthusiastically, showing her beautiful smile.

 

"I guess I will go visit my family back in my hometown, I really miss my mom's cooking," Xiumin answers rubbing his stomach with his hands.

 

"We will visit our grandparents' house," 

 

"or we will go to shopping malls,"

 

"or eat in different kinds of restaurants,"

 

"or go to the beach...."  The Hwang twins, who both wear a yellow armband answer simultaneously.

 

"Or maybe we can drive downtown, and go to....."

 

"STRIP CLUBS!!" Hyunjin shouted pumping his fist into the air because of excitement but later realizes what he just said. He then drops his arms looks at his friends embarrassingly.

 

Jisoo and Xiumin look at each other eyes widen because of how surprised they were after hearing those words they then convert their eyes on one of the twins, and seconds later burst out laughing even Yeji is laughing at her brother

 

"That's not what I meant!" But his voice cracks earning more laughter from his squadmates, he looks down to hide his face.

 

"What do you mean by strip club huh Hyunjin?" Jisoo asks obviously getting red from laughing.

 

"Yeah what strip club are you talking about, are you secretly going out there without me knowing twin brother?" Yeji added while smirking at his brother.

 

"Maybe you should bring me with you, it sounds like you already had a fun memory," Xiumin added smiling foolishly.

 

Hyunjin who is now red from the teasing of his friends tries to change the topic by asking the same question to the woman who obviously not paying attention to what is happening.

 

"How about you Captain, any plans other than training?" The four of them stop laughing and look at the woman who is wearing the purple armband, waiting for her to answer. 

 

"Is there something wrong in spending time training, Hyunjin?" Seulgi says shutting Hyunjin up while her back facing them. Her answer suddenly turns the atmosphere into a cold one, silence engulfs them. Jisoo awkwardly laughs trying to minimize the tension. "He just wanna asks you, Captain, because he cares for you, WE care for you." Jisoo points out.

 

"I don't need your care." She coldly answers.

 

Jisoo can see Yeji comforting Hyunjin who is on the verge of crying, she looks at Xiumin and he is pointing to Seulgi gesturing for her to talk to the Captain. Feeling her frustrations building up, Jisoo exhales loudly and clears .

 

"What is wrong with you?! Are you losing your mind?! This morning you are all smiling and laughing as you could die from happiness but now look at you, you are like a widow who just lost her husband hours ago who at the same is having menopause but the truth is you cannot be a widow because obviously, you will not marry a man because you love cats!"

 

Jisoo shouted,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter