-// 1

Rain, Roses, and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Darn it!"

As the spitting rain turned into buckets, the man whose name tag was hanging loosely around his neck ran for his life, avoiding the heavy pour. He kept cursing under his breath when he realized that he was a step late to cross the street as the light had turned red, meaning he had to wait for a few painful seconds before he could go to the other side of the road and sprinted his way to the bus stop.

When the light turned green, he did not even check his surroundings and dashed to cross the street, along with the other rushed people who also forgot to bring their umbrella. But it seemed like it was, indeed, not his day. The bus stop, where he usually stayed in waiting for the bus to get him home, was full of people who also needed shelter from the rain. He grunted and looked around trying to find an empty spot, or a shop, or a convenience store—just anything so he could save the documents and anything non-water-proof in his bag. 

His eyes were busy searching around the area and finally, he found a nearby shop. He quickly ran to the said place and thankfully, he was alone in front of the shop. The lamp was still on although he saw it on the door hung a sign telling him that the shop was already closed. He hoped the owner would not mind him stay here until the rain stopped or the bus came.

 

"Phone... Phone— Ah!"

He could finally breathe in relief when he managed to turn on his phone, proof that it was not broken. But his happiness was short-willed because his battery bar was as red as the paint in his room and true, soon enough his phone died. He rummaged his bag to check his other stuff but the materials of his bag clearly could not handle the heavy rain. Yet, the classic careless that he was, he did not realize he kept stepping back until he hit the door, and to make it worse, the door was not locked because he almost stumbled backward.

 

"We're already close. I'm sorry."

Noticing that no one replied, Leeteuk put down his scissors and finally checked on the door himself. He had made sure to put the close sign on the door before he came inside and continued finishing the bouquet orders. But perhaps, the person did not see the sign. It was when he had been nearing the entrance that he finally realized the rain was heavier than he thought as well as—he raised his eyebrows—someone was standing restlessly in front of his shop. He pulled the door open and an immediate kick of the cold wind hit his face.

 

"Were you the one—"

"Ah, yeah. Sorry— I'm... I wasn't— I didn't mean to open the door. I'm just needing shelter right now. I hope you won't mind."

Leeteuk beamed at the man, "No problem."

He excused himself inside to finish hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter