ONE

Our Love Story

August 2014. 

SM Entertainment's new girl group Redvelvet debuted on August 1, 2014. It was the day where Seulgi feels so happy that after years of training where she spent all her teenage years, she finally feels that she's now reaching another new chapter of her life and promised herself that she will work hard to acheive success for her and for her group. Performing their debut song Happiness on a live music show, she gave her all and the first week excites her to perform for next weeks shows. It was then August 17, 2014 , YG Entertainment's new boy group Winner made their debut. and performed first at SBS Inkigayo where Mino first seen Seulgi at the backstage after they performed Happiness. He saw Seulgi being assisted by the stylist to fix her make up and removed the in ears and microphones and what caught his attention when Seulgi smiled. Her smile was so pretty that he sees how happy and innocent she is where her eyes disappears and her beautiful cheeks appears when she smiled. That's the time where Mino started to have interest with Seulgi and developed a secret crush towards her but they're both rookies and just debuted, so he is not ina good spot to hit the girl right up and just leaves it at that. 

 

December 2014. 

Winner made their name and became successful as their debut song and album rose the charts that opened doors for them to gain more fans and bring money to YG Entertainment. So now that the year is ending , Winner was expected to perform in the SBS Gayo Daejun but didn't expect to have a special collaboration stage with other idols. Seeing the list of other idols they're performing with, Mino couldn't hide the joy he feels and was looking forward to that day. Two days before the said event, all artists had a technical run for the camera men and special effects to be organized while the artists performs and that day, Winner, Redvelvet, Lovelyz and Got7 were on stage greeting eachother as they practicing their special performance for the event. Mino had his eyes all to Seulgi all throughout the rehearsal and he would flash her a smile whenever their eyes met. It was just unfortunate that he wasn't partnered with her so he made sure to give his best hoping that Seulgi would notice her but one great thing happened that day, Minho was able to get her number through the help of his manager. 

It was the 25th day of December and Mino used the chance to hit Seulgi up with a short message after contemplating it for days on how to reach her. Bravely typing the words , he finally taps the send button and throws his phone away on the bed feeling nervous. 

Seulgi heard her phone beeped as she's in her room at the dorms watching a TV series , eyebrows raised as she sees an unfamiliar number and name hits her up on Kakao. 

From: Song Mino 

I know you must be surprised on how I got your number but I've been wanting to be friends with you after performing together at the SBS Gayo. This is Mino from Winner. Merry Christmas Seulgi-ssi. Hope to hear from you.

As Seulgi hasn't dated ever before, she feels scared, weird and a bit of excitement as she reads the message. She didn't know exactly if she would just ignore it but her nice self wouldn't dare to do that as it will make her rude for him , so she sends a response greeting him a Merry Christmas and agrees of being friends. Since then, Mino felt relieved and happy as she would send her a message twice or thrice a week to keep in touch with her until they finally feel comfortable with each other through messages.