Episode 1: Introduction

I want to be yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though I have been an idol for almost 8 years, I still feel nervous at our latest comeback show. Since it has been a long time I have stood on the stage due to my hiatus because of my health problem, which made it feel like my debut stage.

My name is Jahoon and I am a member of the 22 members co-ed group S.T.A.R. We have been on the entertainment scene for 8 years now and because of our hard work, we have luckily become one of the top groups on the kpop scene.

Back to the future, as I was trying to calm down my nerves by jumping up and down while shaking my body slightly, Vicky, my best of best friends in the group, came over to me and put her hands on my shoulder to stop me.

Vicky: Calm down Jahoon. I know you are nervous but don’t worry. I know that you will be doing great on the stage. Your stage presence is admirable both for the rest of us in the group as well as for other idols.

Jahoon: I know you are just saying this to calm me down and I am thankful for that but I haven’t been on the stage for more than a year now. I haven’t been available to be practicing and now I am not even sure if I have remembered all of the dances for today’s comeback show.

I was pushed forward as an arm wrapped around my neck. My body got ready in a fight stance but as soon as I saw that it was one of my members, I relaxed.

Sanghoon: Well you are our main dancer, so of course your body would remember even though that your mind doesn’t. But if you do make a mistake, then I would take a video of it and post it with weird music on Tiktok.

I pushed of Sanghoons arm and playfully punched him in the stomach. Vicky stood by and laughed at us, while the other members just shook their heads because of our silliness.

Suddenly someone pulled my ears. Both me and Sanghoon began to laugh, as soon as we saw that it was our manager.

Manager: Now if you two are finished with fooling around, then please make the last fixment before getting on the stage to begin the comeback show.

Both Sanghoon and I stood in the soldier position while doing a salute with a straight face. Well... now there is no turn back right? I took a last deep breath before walking onto the stage.

 

 

 

 

I facepalmed myself as I saw my own mistake when we were reviewing our comeback show with our CEO. I glared at Sanghoon as soon as I saw him beginning to take his phone out, while he just sheepishly grinned at me.

I put my head in the crook of Vicky's head out of habit. I always do it whenever I am embarrassed. Vicky just laughed at me while patting my head, making me try to hide even more. As I watched more of it, I noticed more of my mistakes.

Finally, the review of our showcase came to an end, but as I was going to leave with the other members to eat Korean beef to both celebrate our comeback, as well as my return from the hiatus, our CEO stopped me.

CEO: Jahoon, wait! I want to have a talk with you and of course under four eyes.

I nodded carefully and walked back to my seat. After everyone had walked out, our CEO sat right across from me. I carefully studied his face before asking him:

Jahoon: Is everything alright, father?

Yes, that is right. The person who sat across from me was both my CEO as well as my father but neither the public, the staff, or my members knew about our connection. Only me, my father, and of course the rest of our family. At first, my father was opposed to the idea of me joining his entertainment when he first started it. Father has previously worked at SM Entertainment but due to contradictions between him and SM, he chooses to part ways with them and start his own entertainment. At that time, I was only 10 years old and with my naive and innocent mind, I thought why not join his company instead of staying at SM? Wouldn’t that be easier for me and made my debut faster than my fellow trainees?

I had to do a lot of persuasions to finally get to join. And after 2 years, at the age of 12, I got to debut in Kings World Entertainments first idol group. Now we have a few more groups under our entertainment. For the outside world, they see me as a person who has worked up to the position of overviewing the auditions and as a help trainer for the trainees because of my skills but the reality is a little bit different. I have in fact worked myself up to the position but I was offered it at the beginning of my father since he, of course, trusted my skills but also trusted me in terms of getting the right trainees for the companies. Also since I have tried to be a trainee before myself, I would be available to make the other trainees feel more comfortable while being in our entertainment.

Father (CEO): Did you hear what I said, Jahoon?

I blinked a few times before shaking my head with an innocent smile. My father just sighed before repeating himself.

Father (CEO): I’m glad that you are feeling better now and that you can continue to be on the stage, but are you sure that you are feeling 100% alright? Do you feel any pain in your chest? Irregular heart beating?

Jahoon: I’m fine now, father. I do feel some pain every now and then but it is a very rare feeling, so do not worry. Also the doctor gave me a few more medications that I take right on time regularly. I know you are worrying about me but do not worry father, I will tell you whenever I feel unwell.

My father just nodded while sighing, then all of sudden he came over to me and hugged me tightly. I froze in place. This was the first time that he had ever hugged me before since my birth. It is n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter