Stay With Me

Enigma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a dark snowy night where there are hardly any cars passing around the busy city of Seoul except a black colored Aston Martin DB 11. The driver was seen riding the expensive sport car in such high speed that it’s passing through the traffic like a hungry beast.

 

“Secretary Cha Tae Hyun is calling, sir.”

 

The smart virtual assistant gave him a notice when his eyes are focused on the road in front, “Answer the call, Rigel.”

 

“Connecting with Secretary Cha Tae Hyun.”

 

In the next second, Jong-Kook has heard the voice of his best friend who he used to see seven days in a week.

 

“Slow down your voice, you punk.” Replied Jong-Kook and he could hear Tae-Hyun’s loud chuckle at the other side.

 

“I am reporting back to work, Jong-Kook ah.”

 

Jong-Kook almost widened his eyes in surprise upon Tae-Hyun’s notice that he asked, “I thought you are asking for three months leave? It’s just two months.”

 

“You sound weird. You were literally nagging at me the whole day when I was asking for a three months leave and now that you don’t sound happy when I am coming back. What has gotten into you?”

 

Confusion is so visible in Tae-Hyun’s tone that Jong-Kook needs a couple minutes to answer him.

 

“Yah, why aren’t you answering? Perhaps, did you have someone to substitute me?”

 

Jong-Kook agreed in no time, “Yes. You know that I need someone by my side in case I am signing contracts, agreements or any business deals.”

 

“How many people has served in that position?”

 

“What do you mean?” Jong-Kook frowned because he could hear Tae-Hyun’s cheeky laugh.

 

“The last time you had a PA was about five years ago and you changed your PA every week before you end up firing all of them. Did this person could work well together with you?”

 

Very well, Jong-Kook answered silently in his heart. Song Ji Hyo work very well together with him that he had go through so much things together with her.

 

“Eo. She’s fine and-“

 

“She? A woman? You are giving me goosebumps, Jong-Kook ah.”

 

“Shut up, you punk. I am hanging up if there’s nothing so important.”

 

“I saw them.”

 

“Who are they?” Jong-Kook asked and Tae-Hyun’s answer successfully made him to step on the brake.

 

“Those people with spade tattoo on their arm.”

 

“My house now, Tae-Hyun ah and please call Hyuk too. I am hanging up.”

 

Jong-Kook stepped on the accelerator pedal and drove that expensive sport car of his to go through the quiet streets despite of the snow. His heart started to pound rapidly upon the little information he received from Tae-Hyun.

 

As soon as he arrived back to his house, the first thing that caught his eyes is the presence of his two best friends as if they have been waiting for his presence.

 

Hyuk stood up from the couch to approach Jong-Kook but then he was stopped by Jong-Kook’s dark gaze.

 

“My workspace.” Said Jong-Kook and looked at both guys before continuing, “Underground.”

 

Once Jong-Kook mentioned the word underground, they knew that this discussion is not going to be lovely. Walking towards his study, there’s a high book shelves which actually has a door behind it. The door leads to his underground workspace.

 

If you are imagining a dark and dirty underground room like what you see in horror movies, then you are wrong. His underground workspace is designed for him to do his experimental projects about science and technologies that it’s equipped with sophisticated mechanism that you can ever believe the existence. The next thing happened is that Jong-Kook accessed the entrance with his fingerprint.

 

As soon as the three of them went inside, the lights are automatically lighted up and the big screen in front of them is showing,

 

Welcome, Mr. Kim Jong Kook.

 

In the next second the voice of Rigel echoed through the whole room, saying the same thing as what’s shown on the screen.

 

“Rigel, enable dual security system and turn off the lights on my study room.” Jong-Kook commanded because basically every device in this room are controlled by his virtual smart assistant.

 

“Yes, sir.”

 

“When was it, Tae-Hyun ah?” Asked Jong-Kook once he closed the door which is actually a vault door.

 

Tae-Hyun supported his chin with his intertwined hands, “Last night, Incheon’s Chinatown.”

 

Jong-Kook glanced to Hyuk, “Trace it, Hyuk ah. It’s your area of expertise.”

 

Jang Hyuk, his fellow high school best friend alongside Tae-Hyun who happen to own a private detective company. “These people are harder to track than any kind of fugitive. I swear.” Hyuk replied.

 

“That means you need to work harder.” Jong-Kook replied and followed by a sharp gaze before trying to calm himself down in the next second.

 

Hyuk gulped his own saliva before responding, “We have been doing this since forever, Jong-Kook ah.” And the result is always negative.

 

“Three gunmen were after me in a bar in Gangnam, time bomb in Manhattan and even a sniper aiming at my head during my stay in Madrid. They are around me, Hyuk ah.” Jong-Kook continued through his smirk.

 

Both Tae-Hyun and Hyuk don’t seem to be surprised when they heard what Jong-Kook just told them. Those are just three out of many incidents he ever faced in his life. They knew that those who are close to Kim Jong Kook will lose something called safety. Little did they know, Jong-Kook went through all of those incidents with a woman who’s hopeless enough in earning five billion Won.

 

“I swear that I will crush all of them. Like seriously, all of them.” 

 

JK Airlines Headquarter Office

Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea

 

The white colored clock on the wall shows six in the evening but Song Ji Hyo is still seen wandering around the office because it seems like the negotiation between Jong-Kook and Lee Byeong Hoon is getting heated up.

 

Byeong-Hoon demanded a private conversation meaning that it’s only the both of them which resulted in Ji-Hyo waiting outside the office because just in case Jong-Kook will need her help.

 

“Mong Ji-Hyo?”

 

A man’s voice successfully caught all of her attention that she turned around to seek for the owner. Her lips curled up into a smile once she saw the owner of the voice.

 

“Dong-Wook ah. I don’t know that you were here.” Ji-Hyo responded as she approached him.

 

Dong-Wook gave a friendly smile back and his eyes stopped at a pint of ice cream on her grip. “You are chilling here enjoying ice cream while your boss is having a heated argument in there?” Asked Dong-Wook as he raised one of his eyebrows.

 

Ji-Hyo heaved an awkward chuckle and bit her lips embarrassedly, “I am basically waiting for Sajangnim to finish his discussion with Lee Byeong Hoon-Ssi. There’s nothing much to do, I guess.”

 

“A pint is equal to four servings and you finished it all by yourself?” Dong-Wook glanced at the almost-empty ice cream cup that he continued, “You like mint chocolate flavor that much? I thought it tastes like toothpaste.”

 

Ji-Hyo scooped the remaining ice cream left and put it on in no time before throwing away the cup. “Keurae. Anyways, why are you here? I thought you are supposed to be in there. Lee Byeong Hoon is your cousin, isn’t he?” She continued.

 

Dong-Wook nodded his head, “But it’s not like I am interested in joining their heated discussion. I am only here just because my father wants me to learn about family business. You know what’s my expertise, Ji-Hyo ya and doing business is not the answer.”

 

That respond earned a sigh from Ji-Hyo. However, before she managed to answer, Dong-Wook added another question, “Why, Ji-Hyo ya? Why did you disappear in sudden? It was just a year until our graduation.”

 

Eleven years ago, a year before their graduation, she dropped out from the university and you might guess it right. It’s due to her hard circumstances.

 

“We used to discuss about the failure of arresting Boo Radley, Sheriff Tate is breaking the law as is Attic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter