Little Interactions

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 : Little Interactions

 

a/n : contained spoilers for Running Man episode 517, you've been warned

 

June 23, 2020

“Good work everyone!” the members called as they finished shooting the first part of Running Man’s Special 10th Anniversary episode. “We’re still going to Gangnam for dinner, right?” Donghoon asked at the waiting room, where they all usually rested for a bit before going their separate ways after the shoot. “Of course, we have to. It’s been so long since we had dinner together.” Jaesuk confirmed.

 

They were bummed to not be able to make a bigger Anniversary episode because of the virus, but it couldn’t be helped. Their 9th Anniversary show felt like a dream compared to what they can do nowadays. “Noona, you looked so tired.” Kwangsoo pointed out, the members turned to see Jihyo leaning her head back on the sofa. “Hm, I am. I still have several scenes to finish for the drama.”

 

“Take a good care of yourself, Jihyo-ya.” Seokjin advised and the other members agreed with him, Jihyo chuckled. “I will, oppa. Thanks.” They might fight and betray each other in front of the camera, but they are family when the camera is off. Despite the busy schedule everyone has, they tried to take care of each other as much as they could out of the show.

 

At the barbecue restaurant they reserved, Jihyo is seated across of Donghoon and in-between Kwangsoo and Jongkook. “Kwangsoo-ya, be careful with the alcohol, we don’t need your TMI,” Jaesuk teased from his seat, everyone laughed. “It’s been 10 years, huh?” Donghoon wondered out loud.

 

“I know right, I can’t believe we lasted until 10 years.” Jongkook said, the members nodded in agreement. “Raise your glass up, everyone. For the hard work we endured for 10 years long and for the newest members’ great effort to keep up, to Running Man!” Jaesuk lead the cheers and everyone raised their glasses.

 

They finished their dinner and hours later, some of them are quite drunk while Jihyo is falling asleep on her chair. “Aigo, Jihyo-ya, be careful.” Jongkook steadied her swaying body. “Do you need to leave early? We won’t judge you because you still have a lot work to do.” He asked quietly, the others were immersed in Kwangsoo and Donghoon’s drunk dance. “Aniya, oppa. I’m fine.” Jihyo replied tiredly. Jongkook let the girl rested her head on his broad shoulder, she looked way too tired to be there.

 

Jongkook sent a text to his driver to get the car ready. He knew how stubborn Jihyo can be so he came up with an idea. “Jihyo-ya, I’ll get us out of here.” Jongkook suddenly said, Jihyo looked up in confusion. “How?” Jongkook chuckled. “It’s 5 minutes before 1, Jaesuk hyeong will excuse himself in a bit. We should go too.” Jongkook showed the time.

 

Jihyo fumbled with her phone, trying to text her manager. “Ey, no need to contact your manager, you can ride with me.” Jongkook offered. “Jinjja? Gomawo oppa.” Jihyo rode Kwangsoo’s car so her driver is probably somewhere in Mapo-Gu, it’ll take time to reach Gangnam. As Jongkook predicted, Jaesuk excused himself right on time, Jongkook and Jihyo followed his lead 3 minutes later. Thankfully, some of the staffs and members were tipsy so no one made a comment when Jongkook left with Jihyo.

 

“Ah I’m so tired.” Jihyo threw her head back and Jongkook chuckled at the view. “You’re in the middle of shooting a drama, of course you’ll be tired, Jihyo-ya.” She finished a movie 3 months into 2020 and jumped head first into another 3 months of drama shoot, and she still has a few more weeks to go. Of course she’d be tired.

 

“Oppa, can I use your shoulder as a pillow?” Jihyo asked with her eyes tightly shut. “Be my guest.” Jongkook pulled the girl closer until her head is comfortably rested on his shoulder.

 

After dropping her off, Gapjin chuckled. “Hyeong, you—”

“Shut up, Gapjin-a. I know what you wanted to say. I heard enough.” Jongkook cut him off and Gapjin laughed out loud. “If you say so, hyeong.”

 

August 4, 2020

The episode they finished wrapping today is tiring but fun at the same time. They have to keep indoors as it's harder to find a proper venue for the shoot. Jongkook won the race so he's happy about everything, basically.

 

“I have nothing to do after this, who wants to have dinner together? I know this new restaurant in Itaewon.” Donghoon asked the members, he’s freshly showered after the pink paint. “Jihyo-ya?” Donghoon called. “Okay I’m in, I finally have relaxing schedule now.” She agreed instantly.

 

Somin, Jongkook, Donghoon and Jihyo ended up going to the new restaurant in Itaewon, the others either have another schedule or have an early schedule tomorrow so they can’t come. “Let’s just use my car.” Donghoon offered and they agreed. It’s better to take fewer cars to go to public places to not attract people’s interest. Jihyo texted her team to go ahead, she can catch a ride home from someone later.

 

“Yah, this restaurant is nice.” Jongkook complimented as they entered the private room with a balcony, overseeing the busy Itaewon area. The private room had 2 sofas facing one another with a wooden table. Jongkook took a seat beside Jihyo while Donghoon and Somin took the other. “Shall we order?”

 

5 minutes later, when the order is placed, Somin stood up with her phone on hand. “I nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter