Chapter 12

Between Tears, Laughters and Smiles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness when I opened my eyes. Instead of the usual darkness surrounding me, everywhere I looked now it was clear – light, and for once I am feeling peaceful.

“Kyungsoo-oppa…” she called. I turned my head to the left and finally I have found her.

“Hyejin-ah…” I muttered. She looked exactly like how she was when we were together. She was wearing her favorite pastel yellow dress matched with her brown flats, that she would always wear when we would go out together. Her long brown hair was beautifully curled at the end, the way she always wants it to be.

She held out her hand to me, smiling. I walked over her and reached for her hand. Our fingers intertwined automatically the moment I touched her hand. Sparks crawled my system making my heart beats erratically, making me squeeze her hand a little tighter. This moment, this feeling – it was just right.

“I finally found you.” I told her, looking at her eyes, smiling. She smiled back at me, as sweetly like before, and placed her other hand on my cheeks. I closed my eyes as she softly caressed my face. I sighed contentedly at the feeling. If this would be the moment I would be stuck to forever, I don’t want to wake up anymore.

“Kyungsoo-oppa, look at me.” Hyejin said as she continued to caressed my face. I opened my eyes to looked at her. She was still smiling, but this time it was a little sad. Panic flashed through my system with what I saw.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her worriedly. She dropped her hand from my face as she looked down. I let her hand go and cupped her face using both of my hands, making her look back at me.

“Hyejin, what’s wrong? Please tell me. I want to help you this time.” I told her. She took a deep breath before speaking.

“I-I’m happy Kyungsoo-oppa. I wish we could stay like this forever…”

“We can, Hyejin-ah. I don’t care anymore. I will stay with you here.” I told her. Her eyes watered and slowly her tears dropped, one by one.

“I would want that now more than ever oppa. But no, you can’t.” she said, shaking her head.

“W-why not?” I asked her, suddenly I could feel a lump at my throat.

“Because you need to go back oppa and I need to finally let you all go as well. We have been all stuck here for years – my family, you and me. It’s time for all of us to let go. We all need to move forward. I need to go where I should go.”

“I don’t understand. Hyejin-ah, I’ll come with you to wherever you will go.” I said, my voice slowly breaking as my tears threaten to fall. She shook her head once again, cupping my face as well, wiping my tears that I didn’t notice falling. She was breaking my heart again. Why?

“Where I will go, you do not need to be there yet. You still have so much things to do. You can’t be there with me now. But that’s fine because I’ll be alright there alone. I know I won’t be lonely there anymore.” She said as she comforts me, smiling at me while her tears were flowing down as well.

“P-Please?” I begged , and pouted. I saw her laughed when she saw what I did, I know how she can’t resist me when I did this. But instead of giving in she shook head again, firmly this time.

“I would really love to Kyungsoo-oppa. But no, when it’s your time to go there I would be the one to welcome you with open arms. For now you need to go back. You need to continue your life, but I need you to let me go, I need you to take a step from the dark place we all have been and move forward. Can you do that for me?”

“Hyejin-ah…”

“It’s fine oppa. You can let go, I’ll be fine I promise. I want you to live your life. I don’t want you to stay in that dark place again, it took us years but you finally reach me. It’s time for you to let go now, talk to my parents, settle the misunderstanding. I know they have hurt you too much, but please forgive them for me, will you?” she asked, I just nod my head. She was asking me favor for the last time, who am I to say no?

“It would be hard to let go oppa, I know. It took me five years to be here in front of you, but I know you can do it. You have your friends, family, your members and you also have her, Hyerin-sshi.” She continued. My eyes widen in surprise when she said Hyerin-sshi.

“I saw her when you came with her to visit me the last time. She’s beautiful, I saw our resemblance but I know that you know she’s not me, that you see her as her, not as me. She reminds you of me but you don’t see her as anyone but Kim Hyerin.” She’s smiling when she said that and I can’t help but also smile back at her a little. She’s right though, she looks like Hyejin but she is definitely Hyerin – they are two different person.

“You need to let go to open up your heart oppa. I know you know what you need to do. Don’t worry about me anymore so please think of yourself now. You’ve done enough for me.” She removed her hands from my face and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly. I don’t want to let go, I don’t want her to go. I but cannot be selfish this time, I can feel that she’s finally at peace. I don’t want to be so selfish and take that away from her.

“I love you Park Hyejin, always.” I told her as I buried my face to her shoulder, making my last hug from her worthwhile.

“I love you too always Do Kyungsoo. I would look over you from there.” She whispered as I felt her tighten her arms around me as well. I can feel that she doesn’t want to let go but she have already made up her mind.

“Can I ask you one last favor oppa?” she said. I nodded my head.

“Anything.”

“Please be happy.”

*

We all settled down to our respective seats the moment we have come inside the meeting room. Our schedule was finished for today and the management called us in for a meeting before sending us home. The managers were also conducting a short meeting right now. Seems like that the news from Chanyeol was true.

“Kyungsoo-ya…” Baekhyun called. I looked up from my phone and turned to him.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I nodded my head in response.

“Are you sure?” Chen asked this time. I furrowed my eye brows, confused as to why are they asking me this.

“Yes, I am.” I answered him firmly. Chen sighed then lean back to his seat.

“Are you really okay hyung? You know you don’t need to pretend in front of us.” Kai asked yet again.

“What’s with the fuss? I’m fine really.” I said as I looked at them one by one.

“Hyerin’s resigning, are you really okay with that?” Chanyeol asked, eyeing me. I looked back at him and nodded my head. I heard them gasped when I did. What’s wrong with them? They were looking at me weirdly, as if I have suddenly grew another head.

“It’s sad since she’s leaving, I know. But what do you expect me to say or rather to do?” I asked them in return since it feels like they were expecting something from me.

“Err, not that we are expecting, but won’t you at least do something to stop her?” Sehun asked. I looked at him, questioning what he just said.

“Why would I? Yes, she had done a great work while she’s my manager. But if she wants out then that’s fine with me. I know she has a good reason to resign because she’s not someone who would just back out from her job without any particular reason.” I answered him.

I was slowly getting frustrated the way they are looking at me and the way they are asking me questions. Were they really expecting me to stop her from resigning? I am not selfish to do that. I know Hyerin-sshi has a good reason for doing this.

“You didn’t say or do something to Hyerin right?” Minseok-hyung asked this time. I mean really?

“Hyuung!” I whined at him but he just shrugged his shoulders.

“Do you really think I would be like that?” I asked him. They all nodded their head in unison as an answered.

“Really?” I asked them disappointedly, but they just shrugged and laughed at me in return. Shaking my head, laughter came out of me as well. These guys, they are t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter