The Melting Ice

A Gift From Heaven

 

 

 

LESSON 7 : THE ICE MELTS

 

The blazing sun was shining through the cloudless sky, appeared from the horizon. Everything looked radiant in the early morning. Yunhui walked into the school with the sound of cheerful chirpings and twittering of multitude  birds.

      " woahhh, i'm early today. " , she put her hands up in the air feeling overjoy. She knew that if she got there early, she would manage to avoid from meeting eyes with all those creepy ' barbie dolls' although she knew Woohyun will be mad.

There was no one in her class. ' YES ! " . she smiled. For a moment, she felt like flying in the sky. " woahhh, i never thought that class without them is AWESOME ! " , she sang.

~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ______________ ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ljoe woke up feeling dizzy and light-headed and he just realized that he had fall asleep on the floor. He can't remember when but all he remembered was the fight with the loan sharks.

His body was just too weak for him to even get up. He staggered to prepare for school. Yes ! he knew it, his body was begging him to rest, but he also knew that if he did not go to school, the loan sharks will come again and punch him  here and there...again !

       * that bastard uncle need to pay for this pain *. He slogged up to his school with all the pain in his veins. He forced himself to walk until he reached the school gate.

 

Yunhui tilted her head after hearing the 'slamming ' sound of the class door. '' why on earth did he came early today" Yunhui murmured after seeing  l.joe walked into the class.

    * porridge shop* L.joe was too dizzy to think the reason why Yunhui was already there. Without even a word being blurted out, he sat on his chair.

10 minutes had passed , but there's still no word came out from L.joe's mouth.

     * uh? weird. usually, he would chase me out from here* . Yunhui turned her face to see L.joe, who was lying his head on the desk.

With her hand shivering, Yunhui slowly put her palm on l.joe's forehead. She knew L.joe would be mad, but her heart just forced her to do so. she could feel that she need to help him.

       " omo, you caught a high fever ! " she uttered.

        " what it had to do with you? " L.joe tried to push her arm away.

Yunhui sighed. she knew that L.joe always treat her like the other crazy fangirls.  * you're just too arrogant* . Yunhui tried to ignore him but the sense of human still flows in her heart. *kindness begets kindness, right? * she sighed.

Hurriedly , she ran to the girls toilet and took out her one and only favourite handkerchief. She quickly soaked it with the tap water. She was lucky because when she came back, L.joe was still there. She slowly put her handkerchief on his forehead.

          " What are you doing, porridge shop? " , l.joe gave her a dagger look.

           " YAH ! Just don't move, can you ? " , Yunhui paused. " i know i'm not helping well here but i hope, this does. "

The moment Yunhui put the handkerchief there, she saw something that made her eyes widened in disbelief. * why did he got bruises all over his arm ?  he fought ? * , she frowned.

For a moment, yunhui forgot everything that ever happened between L.joe and her. She blew a warm breath on the bruises and put a plaster on L.joe's arm.

L.joe just watching her doing so without even managing a word. He was totally dumbfounded. The way Yunhui treat him was not  like the other girls ever did before. He had thousand fangirls that always trying to be nice to him. But he could feel that Yunhui was completely different. She was totally sincere when she kept on holding his arm trying to attempt some amateur first aid treatment.

             " i'm not good with all these , but i hope you will feel better " Yunhui smiled but l.joe was already fall asleep on the desk.

         " he must be tired " , she murmured.  " i don't know what your problem is, but i'm so sorry that i can't help you. You're just too arrogant, L.joe. you should know that, no matter how hard an ice could be, it will melt someday ".