✧Ever After✧ (part 2)

Once Upon A Fight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's almost 7 in the evening and Mark was walking his way back to the library. Just a while ago, Mark noticed that his cap was not in its usual place of keeping. Recounting where he has gone that afternoon and realizing that he only has been in the library before heading home, Mark figured that he must have left his cap in the library. He actually isn't sure why he thought of going back to the library just to get his cap back when he could just go there the next day or better yet, in the afternoon since he's ought to bring Yugyeom there for the story telling session his younger brother loves attending. Anyway, he's already near the library, it'll be more stupid to walk back home empty-handed.

Putting his hands inside the pocket of his hoodie, Mark hopes that he'll find his cap there and that one of the part-timers had kept it. As he made a turn, Mark walked a bit faster. After about two minutes, Mark could already see the sign above the local library. When he squinted his eyes, Mark assumed it was Jinyoung he was seeing locking the doors. He jogged until he got closer only to confirm that it was Jinyoung and there was the other part-timer too but he saw another guy standing beside those two. When Mark reached their spot, Jinyoung has his back turned from him, so he needed to speak to make his presence known.

"You're closed already?" Mark asked as he frowned while looking at the locked doors of the library's entrance. "."

Jinyoung has already turned to face him and those thick brows were creased at the center of the younger's forehead. "What brought you here?" 

Mark pursed his lips and kept his pout. "I might have left my cap there this afternoon. I was hoping I could get it back but since you already closed the place, maybe I can just get it back tomorrow." He tried to not let his disappointment show in his voice although he's ready to scold his self for walking how many blocks just to get to the library, only to not get his cap back and go home empty-handed. Talk about useless effort. However, Mark just glanced back at Jinyoung who is staring at him, at the other part-timer whose name he can't recall, and the other guy who looks really familiar to him for a reason he does not know yet. "You all might be heading home anyway. I guess I'll just leave-"

"Wait!" Mark didn't expect Jinyoung to stop him from leaving that he almost got surprised. He had just his heel and was halfway on turning his back to leave when Jinyoung called on him, making him stop and turn back to face the guys again. Jinyoung was looking at him as if he only called on him by accident, those eyes were round and Mark isn't sure if he's reading the younger's expression right but he could see a sense of panic in them. "I could still open the library for you." Jinyoung said. "Let's look for your cap."

Before he could say anything in response to that, Mark saw Jinyoung turning to face the other two guys behind him. "You both should go ahead. I'll head out after we find Mark's cap. Good night."

The two guys did leave and Mark waited for Jinyoung to open the library again. But even until they went inside and started looking for his cap, Mark was still thinking about thee familiar guy he saw outside just a few moments ago. He's sure he has seen the guy before and he is sure that he's not one of the part-timers here in the library. Until they both got outside, Mark was still thinking and in the end he wasn't able to prevent himself from asking. 

"Who is he?" Mark asks as he waits for Jinyoung to finish locking the doors again. 

Jinyoung didn't answer until he was already putting back the keys in his pocket. Only then too, did Jinyoung turn to him. "Jaebum." Next comes the younger's sigh. "He's my ex."

 

🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦

 

"Can I be honest?" Jackson, his bestfriend sort of asked him while they were both seated on the couch. Mark detaches his eyes from the basketball game being aired in the flat screen and turned to face the latter. "I really don't have an idea why you're telling me all these which you have just told me. I honestly don't get it, man." Jackson says as he reaches to get another slice of pizza from the table.

Mark decided to drop by at Jackson's apartment. The guy is his best friend, considering they've been classmates since start of high school. Even now that they're in college and took different courses, they still managed to keep their bond. Back to what he's saying... Mark dropped by because Jackson said he wants to eat pizza with him while watching the match between Lakers and Nuggets. They were just watching since that was the plan but somewhere in the middle, Mark had a slip of the tongue and had mentioned about Jinyoung and what happened last night. Only, it wasn't a slip of the tongue because Mark narrated everything which happened and everything he learned from Jinyoung himself from last night's encounter with Jaebum- the ex. 

Last night, after Jinyoung told him that the guy whom he thought was really familiar was actually his ex, Mark suddenly grew curious. Maybe it was because Jinyoung's revelation only enabled Mark to recall those times last summer when he has seen the guy Jaebum, who was always with Jinyoung that time. Although the guy was not working in the library, Jaebum was still there almost every day, watching and waiting for Jinyoung. That was enough hint to tell him that those two have a relationship but learning that the said relationship was now over, it made Mark curious about the reason. And why in particular was Jaebum with Jinyoung's co-worker Youngjae (as Jinyoung told him) that night. Jinyoung was walking the same way as he is on his way home so Mark offered walking together. It was while walking when Mark allowed his curiousity to get the better of him and dared ask Jinyoung about Jaebum.

 

"He and I lives in the same neighborhood. They moved there about three years ago and since we go to the same school too, we got pretty close to each other." Jinyoung starts with his story. "Before last school year started, he asked me out and from then on we started dating. He's a bit more than the 'okay' type of boyfriend. He's really caring that even during summer when I was working here at the library, he made it a usual that he fetches me from work even though he had a summer job of his own."

Mark only listens. They still have a few more blocks to walk until they reach the corner of the street to Jinyoung's neighborhood. The younger continues with his story. "He's really caring and I had no problems with that honestly... until I noticed how caring he was towards Youngjae." 

Mark glances at Jinyoung who was still staring ahead. There was no clear expression which he could read to tell what the younger is feeling while telling these to him. Yet, Jinyoung goes on. "I tried to not mind although sometimes the way his eyes shine when he sees Youngjae was being a bit more obvious as each day passes and not only that. The way his eyes reflect guilt every time he stares at me is becoming more and more obvious too." He heard a silent sigh from the younger. "In the end I had no choice but to talk to him about it. The odd thing is... we didn't even fight. When I talked to him, Jaebum didn't even try to lie to me about it. Not that I wanted him to but... I was expecting he will. But he didn't." Mark watched as Jinyoung's head drop slightly. "He chose to be hon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter