The Star-Crossed Lovers

The Dragon in the Palace

The Star-Crossed Lovers

 

Choi Seunghyun had entered the Valley Kingdom’s army with a clear goal in mind: To achieve the highest position a low-ranking noble as himself could attain by becoming the King’s Royal Guard. Giver Seunghyun liked to be part of the Valley’s army and that interest, combined with his natural aptitudes, had made him the perfect military man. He was disciplined, level-headed even under pressure, and ambitious to his core.

Although Captain Choi didn’t have the friendliest personality, he was well respected and had a cordial relationship with his peers. The only person that Seunghyun considered a friend and not a mere acquaintance was Kang Daesung, Head Secretary of one of the Ministers of the Court. It was due to this that Seunghyun’s colleagues were not surprised when he didn’t join the tittle-tattle that the new Consort’s arrival stirred among the army officers.

The new Consort’s beauty and youth had been a hot topic since the first time he set a foot on the steps of the Valley Kingdom Palace. In the officers’ opinion, the adolescent was the prettiest trophy-spouse and they good-natured envied the King for finding this beautiful source of solace during his old age. They teased Seunghyun’s silence when they asked for his opinion, as the one now in charge of said Consort’s security, grinning that the newly appointed Captain didn’t want to spoil his chances to become the next Royal Guard by been caught eying the pretty man with lust or engaging on idle gossip. 

Despite his peer’s bantering, Choi Seunghyun was not blind. He was well aware of Kwon Jiyong’s haunting beauty but had no intention of wasting his time desiring the younger man. Yes, the Consort was handsome and had shown that he was smart too by pursuing a career as a Sky Reader, but that didn’t make the Consort truly exceptional. There were many beautiful and intelligent men and women to find that combination of traits especially remarkable. Furthermore, the Consort’s good-looks and intellect were not enough to overshadow his pitiful lack of a spine. The submissive attitude of the Consort made him cringe with embarrassment.

But becoming the Consort’s Guard allowed the military man to have a closer look over the Royal couple’s interactions and discover the truth underlying their dynamic. It wasn’t the King the one holding the power in the couple; it was Jiyong. Jiyong, with his meowed voice and servile attitude, was the real hand moving the strings behind the scenes. That bowed body and half-lidded eyes were tools to achieve the young man’s goals. Kwon Jiyong’s overwhelming ambition and determination were so powerful, his character so strong, that he was willing to chew his pride and play the cards the life have given him in the best way he could to see his aspirations and objectives come true. The Consort could have bent until his forehead had touched the floor, but he was never going to break.

The knowledge that the apparently delicate and obedient Consort of the Valley Kingdom had as much courage in his pinkie as the most seasoned and war-torn veteran Seunghyun have ever meet changed completely the Captain’s perception of who Kwon Jiyong really was. With newly found respect for the Consort on his charge, the young giver had decided to help the young carrier achieve his ambitions in any way he could manage.    

That was the first sign of the feelings that would flourish between the two young men during those nights of study and silence.

“My King, it is time for me to start tonight’s study session” Observed Jiyong after supper finished as if asking for the King’s permission to leave, even though the Consort had already made a discrete gesture toward his Guard to signal their retreat. “Have a well-deserved rest, my King. I will meet you at lunch as promised”

The Consort and the Guard quickly left the place after executing a reverence in front of their not so pleased King. They didn’t talk during their walk to Jiyong’s studio. They didn’t have anything to say to each other, so the silence was never an uncomfortable one. Captain Choi opened the door for Jiyong, who murmured a thank you to him and the soldiers that would be keeping guard outside the study room.   

The couple had already spent many nights inside that room to establish a routine that either of them had felt the need to vocally acknowledge. Seunghyun lit the torches and passed a candle-holder to Jiyong, who then proceed to collect some books while Captain Choi prepared the ink and paper for the Consort’s notes. They worked in synchrony, each of them knowing their role and fulfilling them perfectly.

Seunghyun was not a scholar but, as an accomplished military man, was observant and crafty. After just a few days he had recognised the pattern of Jiyong’s studies: The amount of fresh paper and ink that the Sky Reader candidate needed to keep at hand, when he used certain books, which ones were for what kind of study, and the exact slot each of those books had in the bookshelf to put them back in place when Jiyong had finished using them or take them out for Jiyong to use them during his next study period. These small gestures that were the Captain’s contribution to the Consort’s hard efforts to become a Sky Reader had remained unnoticed by the busy younger man until that night.

“The one at your top right, Consort Jiyong”

The deep voice of Captain Choi startled Jiyong, who had been distractedly fumbling around over his desk, looking for a particular book while keeping his eyes stuck on another.

“Pardon?” Confusedly questioned the young carrier, still haft thinking in the equation he had been trying to solve and for which he needed the “Theory and Equations” book he had been blindly looking for.

“The book you are looking for. The “Theory and Equations” by Jung Kyung-ho. It’s at your top right, Consort Jiyong” Replied Captain Choi, immediately straightening his back rigidly in a mixture of embarrassment and self-consciousness. 

It took a few seconds and blinks for Jiyong to understand what was happening. The book he was looking for was indeed where Captain Choi had said it was, but he had no recollection of putting it there. As a matter of fact, he now realises that it had been a while since he had needed to retrieve or put back any of the books he had been using for his studies.

The books and study materials one day had simply started to appear and disappear on his desk and Jiyong’s overwhelmed and tired mind had never paid enough attention over the fact that it had been Captain Choi the one behind the hands and eyes that had been wordlessly helping him ease his workload by keeping track of his study habits and needs. His insertion into the Consort’s study routine had been so unintrusive that it had been overlooked until now.

“I see” Softly murmured Jiyong dumbfounded, unsure of what to say or do when was evident that the other man was trying his best to seem inconspicuous about the issue. He didn’t want to embarrass the man, but he wasn’t going to be ungrateful and rudely ignore the other man’s kindness and thoughtfulness. “You were right. Thank you, Captain Choi”

“You are welcome, Consort Jiyong” Replied swiftly Seunghyun, slowly releasing the breath he had been holding.

“After I finish with this exercise we will continue with a drawing practice, Captain Choi” Added then Jiyong, making the other man widen his dark eyes bemused.

The curve on Jiyong’s lips was more a smirk than a smile, but it wasn’t arrogant or mocking. It was the smirk of someone with whom you share a secret.

Jiyong was man enough to accept all the help he could get to achieve his dream of becoming a Sky Reader. Captain Choi’s opportune aid was more than welcomed.

“I will prepare the drawing brushes then, Your Majesty”

“Thank you, Captain Choi”

Since that moment, Jiyong started to share his study schedule with Seunghyun, who acted as a makeshift assistant. Seunghyun eventually went so far as to add some books that had not been requested but that he considered pertinent for certain study sets, always getting a grateful nod from Jiyong. Jiyong eventually went so far as to ask Seunghyun to test him using the mocking exam sheets that the Sky Reader had prepared for her potential new student.

Since that moment, they gradually found themselves studying together, sharing their strengths and weaknesses to help Jiyong succeed.

Since that moment, their walks to the study room were peppered with whispered reminders of important facts that Jiyong needed to keep in mind or discussions about whether or not was best to start with this or that subject.

That was the second sign of a love that would consume the young men and burn their souls like a wildfire engulfing dry grass.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was a diligent student. His circumstances were indeed not ideal due to the King’s restrictions, but the Sky Reader at the Lake Temple had seen Jiyong’s potential and had accepted to take him under her tutelage. Jiyong was not going to disappoint her. Or Seunghyun.

Captain Choi had been an invaluable aid for the Consort’s studies. Even though the man clearly had no interest in becoming an erudite himself, he had a quick and resourceful mind and was as committed on the task as Jiyong. The reasons behind the Captain’s keenness to help Jiyong were unclear to the young carrier, who didn’t have dared to question the other man’s motivations due to a fear of a withdraw of his help or worst, of receiving the cold shoulder as an answer.

In the beginning, Jiyong had had the impression that Captain Choi wasn’t very fond of him. While never disrespectful and always effectively fulfilling his duty as a Guard, the older man had been rather cold and detached with him. The young Consort wasn´t expecting a friendly attitude, but the callousness on the giver’s dark eyes every time he stared at the carrier was evident. Jiyong hadn’t minded. He wasn’t looking forward to making friends either. That’s why the realisation of Choi Seunghyun’s unforeseen aid had been so shocking to him.

Jiyong had concluded that this was a tactic to secure the Royal Guard position. If Captain Choi helped Jiyong succeed, it was expected that Jiyong would put a good word for him with the King as retribution. It was a good strategy and Jiyong could see the fairness of it, so he had already prudently acted upon it with the King. However, as they spend more and more time together, the boundaries of their association had begun to blur.

The young giver had an endearing dry-humour, a rare gift to know when was better to listen and when his opinions and bits of advice were most needed and was unmistakable ambitious and self-driven. And he was devastatingly handsome. Jiyong had chastised himself one too many times when he had found himself staring at the Captain’s face from the corner of his eye. The Valley Consort had felt his heart beat faster the first time he saw Choi Seunghyun’s smile after the young carrier achieved a perfect score on his exercise sheet.

The Valley Consort could be young and impressionable, but he wasn’t stupid. He knew he was alone in a foreign country that mostly ignored him, married to a man he didn’t love, and that those circumstances could explain his growing feelings for the first person that had shown some interest and respect for him and his work ethic. Feelings that he shouldn’t allow if he didn’t want to jeopardize all that his sacrifices had made him attain until now.

Captain Choi had to remain as nothing beyond a pleasant acquittance and a dutiful Guard even when Jiyong’s eyes couldn’t stop following the Captain’s silhouette every time he walked around the study looking for some books or study material for Jiyong. Even when Jiyong’s heart eagerly waited for his study sessions to spend some time either talking or staying in silent company with Seunghyun. The attractive and intriguing Choi Seunghyun who treated the Valley Consort cordially but distantly to Jiyong’s conscious relief and unconscious disappointment.        

“Could you be so kind to bring me another candleholder, Captain Choi?” Requested the Consort to his Guard after muffling a yawn with the border of the sleeve that swiftly dried a sleepy tear from the corner of his eye.

“Of course, Consort Jiyong” Replied the giver, immediately complying and wiping away a concerned scowl before it can show on his face.

Jiyong had been especially tired the last days. He was slower on his studies and half of his meals had remained on his plate alleging an upsetting stomach, disgusts for some foods or lack of appetite. Even now, the Consort was making incredible efforts to stay awake and finish his lesson, but the cold weather and his own drowsiness were making his valiant efforts useless.

The King had already complained about the young Consort’s poor condition, but Jiyong was stubborn and didn’t want to interrupt his studies when the exam’s date was so close. The old man had grumbled for a while until Jiyong had shown him on bed how perfectly fine he was to just make him shut up and let him be. After that vigorous night, the satiated King had completely forgotten the issue. Under those circumstances, Seunghyun had decided to take the matter on his own hands and keep a watchful eye on the Consort’s condition to ensure his wellbeing.

Nonetheless, the Captain already had an idea of what was the source of the Consort’s ailment. 

“Would you like me to place this one here and change that one, your Majesty?” Queried the military man, carefully moving some papers around to make more space on the desk, immediately raising his face in wonder when the other man didn’t reply. “Consort Jiyong?”

Jiyong was undignifiedly sprawled over his work desk with one of his hands weakly holding the quill and his long hair half-covering his sleeping face. He looked messy and drained with his wrinkled robes and parted lips. Seunghyun haven’t seen anything or anyone as beautiful as Jiyong in his entire life. He didn’t know that, but in that moment his heart made the solemn pledge to protect that sleeping man from anything and anyone that wanted to harm him.

That precious soul made of the brightest stars the universe has ever made.

Seunghyun spend Jiyong’s slumber watching over his sleep, laying his own outer robe over Jiyong when he noticed him folding his body due to the coldness of the room. He kept the candles lit and placed a few more to warm the area around Jiyong, careful to not put too many and wake up the sleeping beauty. Jiyong really needed his rest and Seunghyun was going to ensure he would have as much sleep as he could manage to give him.

“Captain Choi? What time is it?” Stuttered Jiyong drowsily, stirring himself to wake up and slowly becoming aware of his surroundings.

“You still have two hours of study time, Consort Jiyong”

“This was so unprofessional…” Mumbled to himself the young Consort embarrassed.

“If this break can improve your Majesty’s results on the next exercise sheet, I would consider it a time well employed, Consort Jiyong”

The Consort’s wide eyes and stunned expression when his fingers touched the thick fabric over his shoulders made Jiyong look as young as he really was.  

“Is this yours, Captain Choi?”

“Yes it is, your Majesty”

“But aren’t you cold?”

“Yes, but you are not, and that’s all that matters” The supplementary “to me” was left implied, but not ignored.

The younger man slouched his shoulders into the garment to hide the intense blush and flustered expression on his face. That proved to be a mistake when Captain Choi’s scent reached his nose, making the Consort of the Valley Kingdom shudder, wishing to be able to close his eyes and take a deep breath to enjoy the rich essence.

“Thank you, I guess I was negligent and really needed some rest” Recognized the Consort, tightening the robe around his body to contain the butterflies that were bursting on his belly.

“Indeed” Replied Seunghyun, choosing to oversee the contentment he felt seeing the younger man getting comfortable in his robe. Jiyong looked so perfect wearing the other man’s clothes. “If you pardon my boldness, Consort Jiyong, I also suggest for your Majesty to pay a visit to the physician as soon as possible”

“The physician?”

“I believe you would have to take care of someone else besides yourself from now on, Consort Jiyong”

By instinct, the hands of the young carrier flew to his abdomen, which still had the same temperature as the rest of his body.

“Am I…?”

“Almost for sure, your Majesty. Congratulations.”

Jiyong’s eyes were blistering with bittersweet tears. This was exactly what he had been looking for so fervently to ensure his status in the Valley Court and yet, he didn’t feel the happiness he had been expecting to experience. Instead, he felt a sudden stab of remorse for conceiving a child for reasons beyond pure love and the desire to build a happy family. This child and the next ones would not be conceived with love, but Jiyong swore he would love them with his whole being to compensate them for that.

Seunghyun saw the veil of pensiveness that felt over the Consort’s face with restless distress. The young Captain was eager to tell the other man some words of solidarity or reassurance, but he knew that was inconceivable and extremely inappropriate. Instead, he stayed by his side in accompanying silence. When Jiyong finally raised his face with a confident smile, the military man naturally replied with a supportive one and an encouraging nod.   

“I think we already lost too much time, so we better continue” Observed the carrier with practicality while taking off the other man’s gown to give it back to its owner, just to be interrupted by said man gravely clearing his throat. “Captain Choi?”

“You can keep it, your Majesty. It’s already dawning anyway.” Offered the military man with a raised eyebrow and light crimson cheeks on his otherwise perfectly serious face.  

“Thank you, Captain Choi.” Replied the young Consort softly, unable to repress the complacency on his pursed lips when he wrapped himself again on the Captain’s warm robe. For a fleeting moment, the Consort wished there was a way to keep the outer robe without raising suspicions and malicious rumours.

Meanwhile, Seunghyun was taking a mental note of bringing some warm, fluffy blankets for their next study session. And change the pillows on Jiyong’s seat for more comfortable ones. Maybe add a break for tea and some light snacks on their study schedule, foreseen the Consort’s future nutritional needs. The list of things to take care off kept getting longer.    

That was the third sign of the change of feelings between both men before they finally realise they were falling in love with each other.

 

 

 

 

 

The admission exam was taken in the Lake Temple to avoid distractions and possibilities of dishonesty, so the King had arranged that a couple of soldiers and Captain Choi would serve as Jiyong’s escorts. The Lake Temple was not far, and the road was narrow and seldom travelled, so it was faster reached by horse. Jiyong was a very good rider and was glad to take any chance he had to go for a ride outside the Palace walls. The landscape was splendid and a good distraction for the anxious Sky Reader aspirant.

They reached the Lake Temple in the first hour of the day. The weather had been nice and sunny, although the Sky Reader had forecasted heavy rain and a thunderstorm during the late evening. She would have preferred for Jiyong to take the exam another day but Jiyong pleaded to keep the original date. His pregnancy had been confirmed not long ago and the next available date was very well into the late stages of it when he would be unable to travel. After giving birth to the Valley Kingdom’s heir, Jiyong wasn’t too sure the King would keep his promise of letting him try to be a Sky Reader.

The rain had started to pour when the exam ended in the late evening. The Temple’s staff offered bedchambers for the Consort and his entourage to rest and come back home the next day. Jiyong had respectfully declined the offer to stay the night at the Temple, explaining in a few well-chosen words that that would be against his spouse’s explicit orders. The Sky Reader had seemed affronted by his future student’s restrictions but didn’t say anything. It wasn’t her place to judge other people’s marriages. Instead, she accompanied him outside to make sure her future pupil and his unborn child were going to travel as safely as possible.

“Would you ride back home, Consort Jiyong?” Questioned the Sky Reader, protecting herself from the heavy rain with a veil-hat.

“It’s the best option, Professor Gwan. Even with good weather, using a carriage is ill-advised” Was Jiyong’s response while putting on his veil-hat and adjusting the straps under his chin.

“I do not doubt that you are a skilled rider, but you are not familiar with this road. It can become tricky and muddy, if not dangerous if not careful”

“I promise I would be careful, Professor Gwan. I assure you that this is not my first time riding under a thunderstorm and I’m certainly not afraid of getting some mud on me.” Chuckled with confidence Jiyong, ready to seat on his saddle. 

“But I’m sure this is the first time you would do it while being with child”

That stopped Jiyong right on his place. Suddenly, the idea of getting some mud on him made him freeze in horror. Could his child get hurt due to his reckless behaviour? Or even worst… could he lost his unborn child? Frightened, Jiyong delicately surrounded his midsection with his arms, looking for comfort in the warmer abdomen that made evident that he was with child.

“My baby…”

The young Consort needed to come back to the Valley Palace. The King was already against this whole Sky Reader issue and Jiyong didn’t want to confront him and give him any motive to retrieve his permission. On the other hand, the sole idea of putting his child, the Valley Kingdom and the King’s heir at risk, was unthinkable. What could he do?

“If you allow me to interrupt, Professor Gwan, I may have a solution to our predicament” A deep and husky voice made the mentioned one and Jiyong turn their attention to its owner, Captain Choi Seunghyun.

“I’m open to suggestions, Captain Choi. Go on please.”

“It is truly improper, and I would never dare to suggest it under regular circumstances, but Consort Jiyong can ride with me instead of riding by his own. I have experience riding in similar environments, I’m long acquitted with my horse so I know how to prevent any halting and keep her under control, and in case of an accident, I can procure the best outcome for your Majesty. Consort Jiyong’s horse can stay here, and a soldier can pick him up tomorrow”

“It is truly an unconventional arrangement, but I have to admit that it is a good one.” Agreed on the Sky Reader, turning around to face Jiyong. “Consort Jiyong, I’m afraid that I have to emphatically insist that, if you must leave this Temple tonight, you shall take Captain Choi’s sensible proposal. Take it as my first instruction as your Sky Arts’ Professor if you wish to.”

Jiyong had to bite his lip until almost make it bled to not display the biggest excited grin and most undignified squeak of delight he didn’t know his body was able to produce.

“If that would give you any peace of mind, Professor Gwan, I see no reason to refuse. Thank you for your thoughtfulness towards your potential new student”

“Likewise, Consort Jiyong. Captain Choi, I leave the Consort under your care. Please don’t make me regret this decision”

“Never, Professor Gwan. Consort Jiyong’s wellbeing is my uttermost priority, as his Guard” Although the last part of the sentence was added almost abruptly, the Sky Reader didn’t seem to have noticed the subtle stuttering on the Guard’s tone. On the contrary, that unnecessary and rushed clarification made Jiyong’s heart skip a beat.

The Guard and the Consort didn’t much as a glimpse each other before the younger man took a seat on the saddle they were going to share. Jiyong had naturally taken the place in front of his Guard, the safest position from where Captain Choi could keep him anchored with a firm arm around his midsection and an armoured torso safeguarding his back.

“Have a safe trip, Consort Jiyong” Were the Sky Reader’s parting words before going back to the dry interior of the Lake Temple.

Jiyong’s response was a particularly solemn bow, unsure of the steadiness of his voice when he felt the arm of the object of his secret affections tersely surrounding his waist.

It was only his solid self-control what prevented Seunghyun to give up to temptation and torn apart the long veil that concealed his beloved’s features. The Consort was a little bit shorter than the giver, and that difference on heights was proving to be both a torture and a blessing for the Captain. Being Jiyong shorter, his chin was perfectly aligned with the older man’s shoulders. If Jiyong slightly tilted his head, the Consort could easily fit his pretty and perfect head in the crook of Seunghyun’s neck. Seunghyun could only take a deep breath to not tilt his head against Jiyong’s veiled one to fulfill his fantasies.

When Jiyong felt Captain Choi’s broad chest pressed firmly against his back he almost gave in to his desire to melt into the giver’s embrace and lean back his whole body against that strong and perfect man he had been illicitly loving in silence. The warm coming from the other man, in sharp contrast with the cold rain falling over them, made the young Consort shiver intensively and break a moan in his chest and throat before he had the chance to take a grip on his physical reactions. For a moment, the young Consort held his breath, alarmed by the possibility of Seunghyun noticing his reactions and discovering his well-kept secret.     

“Feeling cold, your Majesty?” The young giver’s voice was smooth, caring, and barely above the sound of the intense rain. It carried a softness that Jiyong, and probably no one else, had ever heard before. It made Jiyong feel reckless and hopeful, like the adolescent in love that he was.  

“Yes, Captain Choi. I’m afraid the coldness of the rain and your armour are preventing my body to keep its temperature. Aren’t you feeling cold too, Captain Choi?” If chosen, the butterfly-fingers that nonchalantly brushed the back of Seunghyun’s hand could be ignored as a mere miscalculation.   

Jiyong waited for one, two, three seconds, hearing the roar of his heart crazily pumping blood over the sound of the rain and thunders.

“I must confess that my armour, on the contrary, is keeping me quite warm and dry, but I’m afraid my hands are starting to feel numb, Consort Jiyong”

Seunghyun’s voice was strained but wishful, shocked and incredulous of being the unworthy receiver of the beautiful Consort’s affections.  

“Would you allow me to warm your hands, as a “thank you” gesture for making you bear with me and travel under these dreadful conditions, Captain Choi?” Despite the humble nature of Jiyong’s offer, there was nothing on it that resembled the performative submission that the Consort shamelessly used to manipulate the old King of the Valley Kingdom.

Seunghyun was sure than no one had ever witnessed the endearing sweetness and shyness that dripped from Jiyong’s body like rain droplets. Jiyong’s veiled declaration of love was an alluring whisper that Seunghyun could almost feel tenderly caressing his heart.

“Thank you for your kindness, Consort Jiyong, and as your Guard, I will follow you even if the fires of Hell fall from above and the deities send a deluge to drown us all, your Majesty”

After that declaration, the pace of the Captain’s horse slightly decreased. Subtly, the hand holding the reins got closer to Jiyong to keep him well-secured while the arm surrounding the Consort’s slim waist slid over his wet robes to gently lay a hand on the other man’s warmer belly. The belly bearing the child of their King, higher leader and spouse respectively, whom both men were about to betray.

Seunghyun face didn’t change his severe expression, but the thump making tender circles over Jiyong’s belly was proof enough that it was not duty the reason behind the giver’s pledge.

It was love.

The young carrier closed his eyes to not vocalise the whine that almost escaped from his locked lips when he finally felt the touch of the man that he so impudently and bluntly had allowed and even invited to touch him. A touch that was a confession of mirrored feelings. It was pure madness, but Jiyong had always been unconventional and unstoppable when he wanted something. And right now, all he wanted to do was to bask in the glory of the reciprocated and impossible love that had engulfed his young heart.

Using his long travel veil as an advantage, Jiyong deliberately adjusted it to hide the activity inside it. The other soldiers were at a prudent distance, not too far away to still provide support in case of danger, but not too close that they can provoke an accident. The rain was heavy, blurring the human forms and their horses to barely more than silhouettes. The thunders were loud, concealing any conversation. It was an utterly unpleasant weather to travel, and yet the couple sharing a horse couldn’t find it more wonderful.

“Feeling warmer, Consort Jiyong?” The Guard’s voice, deep and sensual, made Jiyong’s body tense and tremble with desire.   

“Never felt more comfortable and warmer, Captain Choi.” Tantalising whispered the young carrier, faintly tilting his covered head towards Seunghyun and feeling the rumble of a deep grunt vibrating against his back.          

The Consort’s cheeks burned with love and happiness behind the veil, his face getting even redder when he dared to entwine their fingers. The younger man busted a triumphant smile when the giver’s fingers tightened their grip to gently pull him to rest against his armoured body. The hand lovingly caressing his warmer belly only left its task and place when they arrived at the Sky and Earth Gate that marked the entrance to the Valley Kingdom.

Jiyong and his child did not belong to Seunghyun, but he cherished them anyhow and he was going to love and adore that forbidden man and protect his future children and anything he held dear in reverent silence for as long as Jiyong allowed him.

Jiyong was not a free man, and his children wouldn’t be conceived by the man he had fallen in love with but, for as long as he could, he would let himself be deluded into the illusion of belonging to a man that could never be his.