Chapter 7

The Dragon in the Palace

 

 

The Consort Regent that so adamantly had started to tear apart the Valley’s archaic economic and political system with unshaken hands was now a nervous wreck. Minho had been ill for a few days ago. It was nothing serious, but his general symptoms and missing his carrier parent’s pampering had made Minho unsettled. A terribly busy Jiyong had been informed of the Prince Heir’s state frequently, and his heart had been in constant conflict with his reasoning since the first report. When Minho rejected his medicines for the second time with a tantrum, the young carrier finally snapped and ran to his side.

As soon as he crossed the door, Jiyong promptly swaddled his child in his arms and gently swaddled him while shushing into his ear, kissing and caressing his hot temples. Minho had relaxed instantly, clinging to his parent with his little fists. He had even eaten a little bit and took his medicines and was at the verge of falling asleep in his carrier’s arms. It did not make Jiyong feel any better or less on edge.

“Why is it that he is not cured yet?” Questioned the Consort Regent in a tense whisper, afraid to raise his voice and alarm a drowsy Minho.

“The Prince Heir’s refusal of his medicines and food delayed his recovery, but he is out of any danger, Consort Regent.” Reasonably explained the physician, trying to placate an irritated Jiyong. “The stomach infection had almost healed completely, and a change on the Prince’s medication to add some restoratives will bring him back to normal health soon. If your Majesty can afford to step away from his Royal functions during certain specific periods, it would speed his recovery.”  

Jiyong nailed the startled physician down with a displeased frown on his face.

“Never doubt that I can perfectly fulfil my duties as a Regent and a parent, or that the Prince Heir and his sibling’s health is not the uttermost of those duties, physician Jung.”

The physician quickly bowed and nodded in understanding. She was secretly satisfied to confirm that their tough Regent was the same as any of the other nervous parent she had talked to before.

“I understand, Consort Regent. I will prepare the new medicines right now to start the treatment as soon as possible.”

“Thank you, physician Jung. Lord Ah, could you go with Jisoo and Jiwon’s caretakers to inform them that I would not be able to put my children to bed tonight? After that, you can go back to your quarters and rest. I will stay with Minho. Thank you for your service.”

“Yes, Consort Regent. I will come back tomorrow to assist you with the Prince’s breakfast.” Bowed the caretaker, happy to have a break. He loved the young Prince but taking care of a fussy ill child was exhausting.

“Soldier.” Seunghyun’s deep voice was heard for the first time since he had escorted Jiyong to Minho’s bedchamber. “ the physician to her clinic and make sure that she has anything she could need, and her back when the medicines are ready.”

“Yes, sir.” Immediately replied the soldier, ready to pull her all-nighter with the physician and leave her superior in charge of the Consort Regent and the Prince Heir’s safety.   

Once they had their orders, the Palace staff left the couple alone for the night, too busy with their own duties to find anything wrong with that. The Consort Regent and his Royal Guard had always had perfectly proper and aloof interactions.

“Thank you for that, Seunghyun.” Jiyong’s long exhalation when his lover caressed his hair made evident how grateful he was with Seunghyun for making everyone go away and leave them alone.

“Always, Jiyong.” Reassured the taller man, proceeding to gently check Minho’s temperature. The toddler pouted his discomfort, already half-asleep. “He is still a little bit irritated, but it seems that he will be able to sleep all night on his bed. The medicine has to be making effect. Do you want me to help you with that?”

For a moment Jiyong seemed ready to refuse, but he ended nodding his agreement. He did not want to stop holding Minho, keeping him secure in his arms, however, Seunghyun was right.

“Minho, my dear, time to go to bed. Captain Choi is going to help us, so we are going to show him how a nice young man you are, alright?”

“Come here little soldier, you are going to stay with me while your carrier prepares some fresh clothes, how about that?” Minho did not make a fuss, too used to the giver’s presence in his and his sibling lives to feel uneasy around the rigid military man.

It was until Seunghyun took the toddler that Jiyong felt the tingling on his arms. Since he arrived, Minho had refused to be separated from his parent. Jiyong had not noticed the numb feeling on his arms, but his lover was too observant to overlook the other’s neglected needs. The Regent wordlessly collected his child’s nightclothes, announcing his return to his lover by leaving a quick peck on his cheek. Minho got out like a light as soon as he was tucked on his bed.

When the Royal Guard turned around, he saw his lover seated on the cushions of Minho’s playing area, with his face resting on his bent knees and covered by his hands.

“Jiyong…”

“I am a horrible parent,” Interrupted said man not lifting his face. “Minho needed me, and I was too busy to be with him. I did not protect him as I should.”

“That’s not true, my Sun.” Seunghyun’s deep voice was almost a whisper, no need to raise his voice now that he was cradling his lover into his arms. “You are protecting him when you are working hard to inherit him a stronger and flourishing Kingdom.”

“But will my children understand that before I lose their love?” Whimpered sadly Jiyong, afraid of the possibility.

“They will, even when they never know the whole truth, they will know without any shadow of a doubt that what you do is because you love them. What we do will keep them safe and happy. I love them as if they were my own flesh and blood. They will never live without been loved while one of us is alive.”

“Seunghyun…” Started to say Jiyong, just to find that he had too much to say and ask and not enough words to express it. “Do you mean it, my Moon?”

They had never clarified Seunghyun’s role in the Royal siblings lives beyond being their Royal Guard. The military man could not openly become any kind of parental figure for them, neither having the official position or being related by blood to do that without breaking some protocolary rules and raise some eyebrows. Jiyong had wanted to involve his paramour in the other thing that mattered to him beyond his race for power but was unsure about the giver’s reaction. Teasing the family they would never have, with his children ignoring how much Seunghyun really meant to Jiyong, seemed too much cruel.

At his early twenties, Captain Choi was of marriable age. His colleagues had already tried to persuade the handsome and successful military man to find a suitable partner, although they were not very insistent. Military positions, in contrast with civil positions, were not inheritable. Many military people with good chances to climb the military rank system chose to not marry, using all their time and energy to pursue their professional ambitions. Choi Seunghyun was self-driven to achieve perfection and a thriving career, so his decision to remain single made perfect sense to everyone. Even when that had not been the real reason behind his decision.

He did not need to marry because he already had a family.

“Of course, my Sun.” Reassured Captain Choi. “I cannot be their giver parent, but I can be their teacher and protector. If you want me to.”

Jiyong had wanted to smack his foolish lover’s head as much as he had wanted to throw himself all over Seunghyun to make out on the floor. Instead, he chortled happily among dried tears and kissed his paramour with a smile on his radiant face.

The newly graduated Sky Reader was sure that the stars had traced the paths that ended connecting their destinies.

“You will be wonderful with our children, my Moon.”

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin felt surprisingly shy when he reached the Dragon’s threshold. He had no reason to feel that way, but there was a vague sense of uncertainty that made him uncomfortable. The uneasy feeling was not going to disappear by itself, so the daunting Consort simply slid the door and step straight into the Dragon’s prison.

“Consort Dowager, I hope I am not coming at an inconvenient moment. I received your present and wanted to thank you for that. Also, well, I wanted to see how you were.” Added timidly Jongin, unsure of himself again. This would be the first time he was going to start a conversation with the older carrier so directly, rather than just let the more personal parts or their conversations slip casually while talking about silkworms and Sky Maps.    

“I am glad you liked it, your Highness. I was worried you were going to miss their hatching, as you seemed so interested to see it.” Jiyong’s smile was small and unsure, but his voice sounded sincere. He did not mention anything about his accident, and Jongin though the Dragon may be feeling embarrassed by his clumsiness. Jongin remembered his frustrations over his own clumsiness when he started his therapy and understood exactly the older man’s feelings. 

“How did it happen?” Directly asked Jongin, tilting his head to signal toward Jiyong’s lap and hands. The young man was not giving the other a chance to ignore the subject again, yet his light tone of voice made the question less probing.

The former ruler took his damaged hands from under the table, letting Jongin see the bandaged hands by himself.

“It happened when I was boiling the cocoons. I guess I got incautious and overconfident. It was a very stupid mistake, your Highness. That’s all.” Explained Jiyong, his lips slightly twisted as if he had held his tongue to stop scolding himself.

“That sound about right. I cannot recall how many cups I broke or how many times I fell doing a spin during my rehabilitation due to my impatience. Still, a very unfortunate accident.” Admitted Jongin calmly, taping the metallic surface of his face mask to address the reason for going through rehabilitation.

The young Consort could find it awful that Jiyong had ended with a pair of burnt hands, but he did not feel sorry for him. After all, the former ruler of the Valley Kingdom was the indirect responsible for the loss of his eye’s sight.     

“Unfortunate indeed, Consort Jongin. I guess I should have expected the silkworm’s souls avenging themselves upon me. It is almost poetic, Your Highness.” Agreed Jiyong with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

The Noble Consort could not stop himself, busting in laughs against his hands. He should not find the other man’s dark joke so funny, and yet Jongin felt good freely laughing at Jiyong’s expenses. Laughing about past and present pains was liberating.

“The silk coming from such strong-willed silkworms will certainly last for centuries, Consort Dowager.” Commented Jongin with an amused grin still on his lips, before adding. “That is it if you will be able to continue with the process while adhering to the physician’s orders.”

“It would be a little more complicated than expected but not impossible, your Highness. I will manage it.” Confidently assured Jiyong without commenting or reacting to Jongin’s outburst like always. “I was actually going to start the reeling process. Would you like me to show you, Consort Jongin?”

“Reeling?” Perplexed questioned Jongin after peeping at the other’s heavily bandaged and stiff hands. “I think you are being a little overconfident again, Consort Dowager. If I can be of any help, maybe you can teach me instead of showing me.”

Feeling bad about Jiyong’s pain and offering to easy his discomfort was beyond the practical goal of keeping an eye over him or simple curiosity. Jongin did not have a bad bone in his handsome body. The Consort’s offer came from a place on his heart that the Dragon had wanted to touch so eagerly.  

Jiyong immediately understood what Jongin was really asking for: A display of trust. Showing how something worked was vastly different from actually disclosing the fine aspects of the art. Jongin would be the first person outside the Kwon State to not only learn but be part of the sericultural process. Moreover, the offer was also some sort of closure, if not forgiveness, for all the bad blood and bitterness that ran between them.

“It will be an honour, Your Highness. I really think you are going to do it wonderfully. I will leave everything in your capable hands then.” The abashed smile on the former ruler’s face was skilfully amicable, yet inside, the Dragon was exuberating. Without knowing it, Jongin had given him the display of trust he had been working so hard to get.   

“It is settled then. I cannot stay now, I have to go check Sehun, but I will come back tomorrow.”

“Is… everything alright, Your Highness?” Hesitantly asked the Dragon, clearly unsure if his show of concern had transgressed their blurring boundaries.

“Perfectly, Consort Dowager. Sehun came down with a cold. It seems that he caught it from our daughter. That was the reason I could not come to see the silkworms’ cocoons before. We were too busy nursing Momo to health.” Added Jongin, although he knew he did not owe the Dragon of the Valley any kind of explanation.  

“I see.” Was all the Dragon said about the subject, his rigid hands on his lap one over the other in a mannerly poise posture. His formal bow was perfectly executed. “I would not hold you back anymore, Your Highness. You have to be terribly busy. I still remember how challenging is to take care of a sick one while taking care of one’s own duties.”

There was a certain sadness on the carrier’s calm face, on the way one of his hands was absently caressing the other, on the imprecise expression of his eyes. Jiyong was talking about his own children without questions. Remembering. Thinking about the children whose fevers and pains he was now unable to nurse with anything other than words on a letter. Suddenly, a heavy sorrow clutched Jongin’s heart at the mere idea of not being able to hold his children anymore.         

“I will. Thank you, Consort Dowager. Until tomorrow then.” Reiterated Jongin, ready to leave the Dragon’s chambers.

“I appreciate your offer, yet you do not need to hurry if you need more time, Your Highness. I am sure Prince Sehun will not appreciate being overlooked while been sick.”

“We will see. Have a nice evening, Consort Dowager.” And Jongin quickly left the place without looking back, hiding the deep frown on his face until he was alone again.

During the end of their conversation, there had been something awkward about the Dragon’s behaviour. It felt constricted, dissimilar to his natural confidence. His composed profile had wavered slightly after Jongin had mentioned Sehun’s name before Jongin mentioned his daughter and prompted an obviously sad association. The Dragon seemed like he had wanted to say something to Jongin, only to refrain himself and brush off the issue.

Sehun and Jiyong certainly hated each other’s guts and yet, he had asked him to deliver Jongin’s present. He had seemed particularly tense and uneasy when he had minimised his own need of Jongin’s help to give Sehun priority. Was the Dragon of the Valley trying to get on Sehun’s good side, or was he worried about Sehun’s reaction to him extending his visits? Was he worried about some kind of retaliation? About Jongin finally been told to stop or been admonished?

Given what Jiyong had told him about his relationship with King Yang, it made a lot of sense. The old King had apparently controlled Jiyong’s life during their marriage. He had needed his reluctant spouse’s permission to become a Sky Reader, most certainly under restricting circumstances. The older carrier had not been asked to call his own spouse by his name, having to refer to him by his title. Jongin cannot imagine himself living like that, but he could understand why Jiyong may think he was.

In a certain way, Jongin had been also a foreign man coming from a Kingdom that, although rich and powerful, was nevertheless a liege of the East Empire. Even though Jongin had pursued to marry Sehun because he was in love with his childhood friend, their marriage had started as an arranged one. Jiyong had even presented one of his sons as a suitor, so that fact was not a secret. A dynamic where love and respect could blossom even between total strangers like it had been Yifan and Junmyeon’s case, must be nonsensical to the Dragon of the Valley.

Not for the first time, Jongin thanked the deities for giving him the good fortune of been married to a wonderful man that had cared for him while his heart belonged to someone else, that cherished him while they learnt to love each other, and that eventually corresponded Jongin’s feelings, becoming the love of each other’s lives.  

A great man that was demanding some chicken soup peppered with pampering and affection with that silly pout that made Jongin’s heart so weak. Jongin would do anything for that gorgeous man that was scolding him for kissing him on the lips, worried to pass his cold to his carrier spouse.

Jongin ignored the other man’s complains about hazardous germs to lay by Sehun’s side, firmly embracing him and resting his head on his beloved’s chest with a contented smile on his scarred face. Their love story has not been perfect, but they were absolutely perfect for each other.

     

  

 

 

 

“You say you are willing to consider different opinions before issuing any proclamation and yet, you are not really listening to our concerns, Consort Regent.” Affirmed the stern woman, her tone respectful yet unyielding.  

“I heard your reasons alright, Minister Nam.” Admitted Jiyong from his throne. “However, I asked you to provide valid arguments against this proposal and I am only hearing groundless complains. Underpin your statements with some facts and I will absolutely consider them carefully, Minister.”

“Minister Nam is addressing those issues because it is clear that you need some guidance to understand the traditions and long history of our Kingdom, Consort Regent.” Intervened a young man with a mocking twist on his lips. “Of course, we understand your circumstances, your Majesty.”

“You want to break the Kingdom with this chaos you are bringing to us. You can experiment and loose and walk away, leaving a destroyed Valley Kingdom behind you. Why are you so fixated on changing what has been working fine for centuries?” Accused another man with scorn, far too angry to remember his manners.  

You are a foreigner, an arriviste, and you are not fooling anyone.

“May I have to remember you all that my children are Valley citizens too and my firstborn is going to be your King?” Jiyong’s serene expression did not falter when he added a humourless chuckle, but his eyes were cold and menacing. “You can be fine with having a Kingdom that is wasting its potential, but I am not. As not only the Valley Kingdom Regent but also the parent of its future ruler, I have the double responsibility to do my best for my foster Kingdom. Fine is a stale status that no one in this room should aspire to achieve for this Kingdom.”

You are all a bunch of mediocre and lazy courtesans that only care about yourselves.     

“But we are not here to discuss how hard we need to work for our Kingdom’s prosperity, are we?” The Dragon’s polite smile was sharp and uncanny. After that, Jiyong coolly turned around looking for one of his belligerent ministers. “Minister Nam, please bring your counterarguments to the next session for discussion. Your presentation would be the first item on the agenda. Do you find this satisfactory or do you need more time to prepare?”  

“I will be ready for the next session, Consort Regent.”

“Thank you, Minister Nam. If we do not have any other issue we need to discuss, you can consider yourself dismissed. Today’s Council session is over. Thank you for today’s work, ministers.” And with that, Jiyong left the room with a steady pace, followed by the frightening shadow that was his Royal Guard.

“That boy is an irresponsible and foolish dreamer.” Affirmed one of the ministers, rolling his eyes in frank exasperation.

“But he has a point.” Opined another minister, crossing her arms over her chest to start her lecturing. “Our Kingdom is doing fine, yes, but it could definitely do better. These reforms seem too shocking because they are the accumulation of years of immobility. The new reform could be unorthodox, but I support it firmly.”

“Consort Regent Jiyong is certainly… unorthodox.” Chuckled unkindly Minister Bu, immediately dragging everyone’s attention.

Since his first encounter with Kwon Jiyong during the bitter strife for the Valley throne, Minister Bu had avoided open contention with the Consort Regent in favour to support and aid other dissidents. This way, Jiyong could not dismiss his arguments alluding any personal enmity towards him. It was a speculative belief that he was the one behind many mouths that hated Jiyong and wanted him out of the throne.

“He is playing the game at the same time that he is learning the rules, and that can never result in anything good.” Assessed Minister Bu, nodding thoughtfully before talking again, enjoying the attention of his colleagues. “I am afraid he is sometimes too audacious and inclined to break the rules. I can only guess how many rules he is willing to infringe to accommodate his desires. A young man like him is usually full of so many… desires.” The minister’s tone and words were vague, carefully constructed to imply political issues, but everybody in the room understood the veiled meaning behind them.

Jiyong was young and beautiful. Despite Jiyong’s public pledge, many members of the Court were secretly trying to become his lover. The Consort Regent seemed completely unaffected by that. He was polite and aloof, task-oriented and completely devoted to his duties as ruler, newly graduated Sky Reader and parent. His public image was impeccable. However, the Court now knew that Jiyong’s masks were flawless until it was time to toss them aside. Jiyong was ruthless and he did not stop at anything to get what he wanted.  

The only person allowed to be permanently around Jiyong was Captain Choi Seunghyun. The military man was even more impenetrable than the Consort Regent. He was a role model Royal Guard, completely committed to his position. His colleagues liked to summarise that Seunghyun’s personal life consisted of an awfully long string of carefully wiped out one-night stands and fleeting lovers that were the talk of his peers. The man was incredibly handsome, so no one was surprised about the many gossips about his multiple anonymous and unacknowledged bedpartners.

Some rancorous courtesans had started to question if Captain Choi’s devotion was towards his position as a Royal Guard or Jiyong. They had started to ponder if Jiyong was not one of the Captain’s unseen lovers. Jiyong was a shameless and unapologetic . Why could he not just go and with that attractive man under his command if he wanted to? Jiyong was a rotten man, the ruin of the Valley Kingdom, and his sins were only multiplying.

Despite the murmured gossips and frenzied whispers, no one had ever said anything aloud. The Consort Regent and the Royal Guard’s behaviours were faultless. They were cordial and deferential, with nothing betraying any kind of relationship beyond protocolary standards. Surrounded by many peering eyes and eager mouths, no one has ever seen them interact in any way that could be considered scandalous or suspicious. The dark Captain had been a faithful subject of King Yang, and that faithfulness corresponded to Jiyong as his successor. That was all.

Minister Bu was aware of all that underlying hearsay and had prepared his apparently unrelated comment accordingly.

“It seems that we have a lot to think about until the next session. It will be better if we retire and prepare for that, don’t you think?” The wavering voice of one of the ministers broke the uncomfortable mood on the room, prompting the dissolution of the group and its dispersion.

But the poisoned words kept ringing on everyone’s minds for a long time.    

  

         

  

 

 

The condensation from the soaked flowers was dropping slowly into the recipient the Dragon had previously prepared. Aside, leaves and stems had been ground to extract the juice. Once the plants were dry, Jiyong meticulously measured them and mix them with some pollen to prepare a compact powder. With the same precision, the dense powder was cut into perfect dosages and transformed into little pills.

The Dragon of the Valley collected the pills in a small glass vessel. Jiyong was ready. Jongin could now come any day he wanted. The utensils were efficiently washed and dried, and the rest of the plants disposed among the old mulberry leaves’ residues.

“Will you be so kind as to deliver this letter?” Later asked Jiyong with an amicable smile when the servant was leaving his chambers after cleaning.

“Of course, Consort Dowager.” Naturally replied the servant, taking the slim envelope and respectfully bowing to signal his retreat.

It was a short but charming letter wishing Seunghyun a happy birthday. It was quite straightforward with no reference about obscure stars. Nothing besides a letter delivering good wishes and a promise of a future present once the silk was properly reeled and weaved. No mentions of any accident or burnt hands. Only glimpses of the words of love that Jiyong would have wanted to openly say hidden in between lines of more tempered feelings. A simple letter that would quickly pass the Imperial examination without raising any suspicions.    

Because none of them knew that it was not his clandestine spouse’s birthday at all.   

 

 

 

 

 

The next session had a tense start that had everyone on edge. This was a fight that went beyond the mere proclamation of this new reform and everybody knew it.  Minister Nam’s arguments were dismantled by Jiyong one by one. Jiyong had exhaustingly studied the document prepared by the supporters of this reform. A document tailored using the opposition’s draft obtained directly from Minister Bu’s office thanks to Jiyong’s underground network. Minister Bu has been behind many attempts to destabilize the Consort Regent’s reign by provoking and encouraging the fears, discontent and complains of his peers.

Unsurprisingly the reform was approved, giving Jiyong the upper hand. Some of the ministers had already peep at Jiyong’s true intentions for pushing for that particular regulation. The new reform had some inadvertent snowball effect that will set a legal precedent that could be used to unlock other pending reforms more easily.

The Consort Regent was playing a long-term game. A game he was not willing to lose whatever it takes. The Court and Council may have started to get some glimpses of the true nature of the Dragon of the Valley but, if Jiyong’s little enticement worked as he expected, they were all going to witness the consequences of meddling in the Dragon of the Valley’s businesses.     

“Thank you all for your hard work, ministers. You can consider yourself dismissed. Today’s Council session is over.” Announced the Consort Regent when they exhausted the agenda. “Minister Bu, may I have a word with you?”

“Of course, Consort Regent.” There was certain ostentation on the way said man bowed towards his ruler that made it borderline cheeky.

Jiyong’s response was an overly crestfallen expression that looked too perfect to be anything but sincere. The rest of the ministers on the room were paying close attention to the interaction while pretending they were not. 

“I wanted to apologise in person for not being able to attend the banquet for your birthday celebration, Minister Bu. My Sky Reader mentor, Professor Gwan, had requested me to record some sky movements during those days and I could not refuse.”

“We know, your Majesty. What a shame. I hope you can enjoy your free time. Nothing to apologise for, Consort Regent.” The light remark about ‘free time’ was a jibe intended to belittle Jiyong’s role as a Sky Reader. The Consort Regent accused the jab with an oblivious smile on his unperturbed face.        

Jiyong had submitted his formal request for a leave of absence and the Minister had decided to move the celebrations to those days, alleging an auspicious change in the weather. Both of them had pretended to feel sorry about that unfortunate coincidence.

“Still, I wanted to give you your present before I part tomorrow.” From somewhere behind Jiyong a servant came to his side, carrying an ornamented chest that was promptly handed to the Consort Regent. “I hope you enjoy it. My most sincere well-wishes and the best of lucks on all your future endeavours, Minister Bu.”  

Do not be a sore loser.

The smug twist on Jiyong’s lips irritated Minister Bu to no end. The Dragon then nodded politely, marking the end of their conversation and leaving behind the place and the other man. He did not even turn around to witness the damage his trick was going to inflict on his enemy. The Dragon of the Valley only has to handle the tantrums thrown by his children.

The grift was a magnificent and expensive Go game set accompanied with a beautiful thick and detailed book of rules.

Learn how to play before coming to challenge me, cretin.

“This ing .” Silently cursed Minister Bu almost bursting a blood vessel in his fury, doing his utmost to keep his composure and pretend he was not ready to flee towards Jiyong and stone him to death right there and then. “You are playing a dangerous game and relying on that pretty face and haughty attitude is going to be your end, insolent .”

The Dragon of the Valley’s pace was relaxed while crossing the Valley Palace halls.

“Let us see if this is encouragement enough to test if he can execute the action, instead of trying to incite others to do the dirty work for him. Despicable coward.” Jiyong’s soft words could only be heard by Seunghyun.

“Let him come.” There were sinister promises of pain and blood on that deep and raspy voice.

“You know what to do, Captain Choi.”

“Always, Consort Regent.”

The Dragon of the Valley smiled satisfied. Now they will wait and see. Minister Bu’s destiny was completely on his own hands.

Jiyong was ready for him.