Special Chapter (Standards and Red flags.)

Fixing a Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I just felt like I need a break on writing Castle in the sky so I here is a special chapter for Fixing a broken heart well technically it has nothing to do with the story I just want to give another love advice.  Some of my opinions here might offend you so read it with an open mind. Enjoy reading.

 

Author’s POV

 

Familiar time slot, familiar background music and familiar voices. The only thing that has been change for years is now they are happily married.

 

“Hello good evening every one this is your cute and y DJ, DJ Bi and here is my partner Kkura.”

 

“Hi this is your Cherry blossom Kkura.”

 

“So good evening to you my dear. How is your day?”

 

“Tired of taking care of our little angel.” Eunbi rolled her eyes on Sakura because Sakura just watched their daughter and she is the one who did the job for the day.

 

“Yeah, yeah if you say so.”

 

“I am just kidding you take care of our child. So what will be our topic for tonight?”

 

“Let’s talk about some standards and red flags to a relationship.” it is just in time for this topic they are many discussions about what are the red flags and standards some realistic and nonrealistic standards in love and relationship.

 

“Let’s start with some standards we should talk about the red flags at the end. So for you what are your standards to be exact.” Sakura asked Eunbi.

 

“I would be so pathetic if I said that I don’t really have a standard.” Sakura chuckled to that statement because Sakura knew that everyone has a standard. “I like good looking person, I would admit it who wouldn’t like to have a good looking partner. But to contradict my statement everyone has a different view on good looking person. For a certain scenario I may found you an un attractive but for other people you are the best looking person they saw. Another one is a person who have a dream and she is keep on chasing those dreams. Well I think that’s my standards for a person. How about you Kkura?”

 

“I just like you that’s it that’s my standards if it is not you then I wouldn’t be with someone else.” It is way too cheesy for her to say that but that’s the truth for Sakura.

 

“Ok, let’s just say we broke up or we got divorced would you find another woman t replace me. Hey just to be clear me and Sakura are in a very good terms we rarely fought I am just giving a scenario here.” Eunbi felt that she needs to clear that up.

 

“Like what I’ve said if it is not you wouldn’t date nor marry another woman. You’ve set way too high standards for me.” This is one of the reason why the listeners love the show aside from great advice it is the random flirting on air, and that never fail to give butterflies not just to the listeners but for also the couple.

 

“Well I can say that I am the barometer in your heart and that is a good thing.”

 

"let me ask you this DJ Bi, how did you set your standards?"

 

"You know what let me think about that I just can't really remember the exact way on how I did set up my standards but I guess based on the experience? Like I've put a certain standard after a break up, a good example is I want a person who's have a dream that's a bit generalized and I realized that everybody has a dream and some of them won't make an effort to chase those dream so I put a standard that I want a person who can do anything just to chase those dream. So I can say that every standard that I have for a partner has something to do with my past experiences."

 

"That's a great way to set up those standards." Sakura complimented Eunbi’s way on giving a standard for a partner

 

"How about you Kkura. You can't just say that I am your standard." Eunbi teased Sakura.

 

"For me before I dated just to be real with you I just want a person who's going to love me that's the bare minimum I want. But just like you I've been learned from my past relationships add up to that is this place. The radio station I've heard a lot of stories that made me realize that some of my standards are way too low or some of my standards are way too high." In Sakura's mind Sakura have learned a lot from the radio station by just listening to those stories.

 

"Hm that makes me curious for you what are the standards that are realistic and not realistic for you?"

 

"That depends on the people." Sakura simply said.

 

"You always say that it depends on the people can you elaborate it so everyone can understand." Sometimes Sakura has the tendency that she wouldn't explain things.

 

"You can't just set your standards without a basis or without knowing yourself. You can't just randomly say that I want a rich good looking man."

 

"You can say that if that's your standards" Eunbi rebuttal what Sakura is saying.

 

"You have a point there but let me finish on what I'm saying. By having those standards what can you give in exchange for that?" Sakura asked Eunbi.

 

"Well you can say you can exchange love for that."

 

"Well technically you are correct you can love them but let me ask you this are you enough or are you even qualified for their standards?" Eunbi want blank on Sakura's rebuttal. "Let's not disregard the standards of that person. It is not like if you said that you love them they would magically fall in love to you. Because they also have their own standard that they follow."

 

"Ok I got your point."

 

"Let me add another thing. There are some people who think that by offering their body to the person they like is a way to get that person. What's running on you mind, like if you spread your legs their standards will magically lower? no. They won't love you they will just lust over you. And they would view you like a who will spread their legs just to get what they want. Common for sake you are more than that." Sakura took a deep breath then continued. "You deserve more you deserve the whole world don't lower yourself just to get what you want you should work hard for it. You're always looking at a person based on your high standards, why don't you look at yourself first and ask the question 'am I worth it for that person?' if you're answer is you are worth it then yes your standards are just right if not you should lower it down a bit. Let's be realistic and not narcissist about it."

 

"T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter