Chapter 4

Ms. Independent

 

 

After having lunch with her friends, Tiffany dropped Taeyeon off her apartment then went back to her office, but not before she reminded the shorter girl not to clean anything inside the house.

Taeyeon, again, sat on the couch doing nothing. 

She leaned back and started thinking about how Tiffany has been treating her lately.

Her boss has been nothing but nice to her. Treating her as a friend when she is only the girl’s personal assistant. What made Taeyeon surprised was the fact that never did Tiffany ask her to do anything that will benefit herself. Never did she ask Taeyeon to do anything for her. It was always for Taeyeon or for her friends.

Taeyeon even remember the first time they met in the office. Tiffany could’ve asked any of her subordinates to call Taeyeon once she was finished talking to her uncle. Instead, the girl went out of her office and looked for Taeyeon herself.

Taeyeon has never met anyone like that before. She was so sure that, being the CEO, Tiffany would most probably need tons of assistants, housekeepers, and driver, but no, Tiffany doesn’t have any of that. She was even surprised at how simple Tiffany was living. You’d even expect her to have a mansion with 5 cars at the least. Tiffany has, instead, one simple car, not even the most expensive or the flashiest one out there. 

Tiffany’s life was just like any other’s. It was even close to how Taeyeon lived. Her apartment was as simple as Tiffany’s. She doesn’t have a car, of course, but that’s only because she chooses not to buy one.

Taeyeon then thought about what Tiffany’s friends said. Was she really that independent that her friends didn’t believe her one bit when she told them that she was the younger girl’s personal assistant? 

She was racking her brains thinking about how a person could be that independent. A few minutes later, she drifted to sleep.

---

Meanwhile, with Tiffany...

The girl was on her way back to the office after dropping Taeyeon off the apartment. She was driving her car when her cellphone went off. She answered it with one hand, while keeping the other on the steering wheel. [DON’T DO THIS, IT’S DANGEROUS!]

“Hello?”

“Tiff!” She looked at the caller ID then placed the phone against her ear again.

“Yes, Jessica? Do you need anything?”

“Me? Oh, no. I just want to tell you something.”

“Okay, what is it?”

“Taeyeon’s cute.”

“Wha-” she dropped her phone on the car’s floor as she tried to keep control of her suddenly swerving car. She decided to park at the side before picking it up again.

“What did you say?” She said once she has parked and picked her phone up.

“I said Taeyeon’s cute.”

“O...kaaayyy. Jess, aren’t you and Sooyoung together?”

“We are, so?”

“Then why are you... Taeyeon...” She didn’t know how to ask the girl if she wants to break up with Sooyoung and be with Taeyeon.

She heard Jessica laughing hard at the other end of the line, “Tiff! What I mean is, why don’t you make her yours? She’s cute.”

“What are you saying? I don’t think of her in that way. Plus, we’ve only just met. And besides, in case you haven’t noticed, she’s a girl!” She put emphasis on the last word.

“Psh, you always turn down the guys that try to make a move on you. Maybe what you need is a girl.”

“I don’t need anyone, Jess. I’m fine with the way things are.”

“You’re fine being alone?”

She shrugged though Jessica won’t be able to see.

“I know you shrugged, but come on, why won’t you let anyone in?”

She sighed, “I’m not going to talk about this with you now, Jess. I have to go to work now. Bye.” She hang up her phone before Jessica can respond. She sighed before making her way to her office once again.

---

After work, Tiffany went back to her apartment right away to get some rest. She was dead tired, but of course she wouldn’t admit that to anyone.

She opened the door and went in. She was about to head straight to her bedroom when she saw Taeyeon sleeping on the couch in an uncomfortable position. 

She made her way towards the couch and bent down to level her head with Taeyeon’s. 

“This girl didn’t do anything but sit on the couch again,” she mumbled before chuckling. She then decided to wake Taeyeon up to make her go to bed. 

“Taeyeon, wake up.”

Good thing the girl was a not a heavy sleeper because Tiffany was really tired.

“Oh, hi Tiffany,” Taeyeon quickly stood up at the sight of her boss. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 7 in the evening. 

“Wow, I had quite a long sleep,” she mumbled to herself.

Tiffany giggled, “Yeah, it’s a good thing that you decided to sleep though, instead of just sitting.”

“Ah, yeah,” Taeyeon scratched the back of her head before asking, “Have you had dinner? I can cook you some-”

Tiffany cut Taeyeon mid-sentence, “Oh no, I think I’m just going to sleep now. I’m still quite full from lunch anyway. If you’re hungry, you can just cook whatever you want, okay? Goodnight.” With that, she went to her room and closed the door.

Taeyeon frowned at the closed door, “She didn’t even finish her lunch, how can she be full from it? Aish, guess I have to eat by myself again.”

---

The next morning, Tiffany woke up earlier than Taeyeon. She made sure to do so because she didn’t want her friend to make breakfast again.

A few minutes later, she heard Taeyeon’s alarm go off followed by the ruffling of the bed sheet and soon after, footsteps. 

“Good morning, Taeyeon,” she said with a smile, “Breakfast?”

Taeyeon, who didn’t expect anyone to be in the kitchen, jumped in surprise, “Omo! Tiffany! What are you doing here this early??”

“Hmm? Oh, I was making breakfast. Come, let’s eat together.”

She wanted to tell Tiffany to let her serve for her, but she can’t say anything since she’s her boss. 

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell uncle. Although, he probably knows I’m doing this.”

“But he’ll be mad at me for letting you do it.”

“He won’t do that. He knows no one can stop me.”

Taeyeon wanted to say something more, but her phone went off. She didn’t want to answer it but Tiffany told her that it might be important.

She walked to the living room to take the call.

“Hello?”

“Hi, is this Taeyeon?” Taeyeon looked at the caller ID and found out that the number was unknown.

“Um, yes? Who’s this?”

“Oh, hi!! It’s Yuri!”

“Yuri?”

“Yes, Yuri! Tiffany’s friend!”

“Oh! Yuri! Hi. Is there anything I can do for you?”

She heard Yuri laugh on the other line, “Sorry for laughing, I just couldn’t imagine how many times you tried asking Tiffany that only to be answered by a ‘nothing’”. 

Taeyeon got it then laughed as well.

“So anyway, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to hangout with me and Sooyoung today.”

“Oh, um...” she glanced at the kitchen where Tiffany was busily eating her breakfast.

Yuri noticed the hesitation and said, “It’s okay if you don’t want to. We just thought that you might want to get out of the house since Tiffany mentioned that you just sit on the couch all day,” she giggled.

“No, no, no. It’s just... you want to hangout with me?” Taeyeon asked disbelievingly.

“Yes, why not?”

“Well, you are my boss’ friends,” she truthfully.

“Psh, she doesn’t even treat you like her assistant. She treats you like a friend, so we’ll treat you as a friend.”

Taeyeon smiled at the thought of having more friends, “Okay, but I’ll have to let Tiffany know first.”

“Of course, just meet us at the same café later when Tiffany leaves for work.”

“Okay. Bye and thanks.”

“No problem. Bye.”

After her conversation with Yuri, she went back to the kitchen and sat on her chair which was facing Tiffany’s.

“You’re back. Was it something important?”

“Not urgent, but yes, you could say it’s important.”

Tiffany nodded and resumed eating.

“It was Yuri, actually.” Taeyeon confessed.

Tiffany looked up, “Oh?” she then pulled out her phone from her pocket and checked if Yuri called her.

Taeyeon nodded, “Yup. She was wondering if I could go out with her and Sooyoung. She asked me to meet them at the café. So... could I?”

Tiffany looked at her weirdly, “Why are you asking me?”

“‘Cause you’re my boss?”

Tiffany frowned, “You can do whatever you want, Taeyeon. You don’t have to ask me. You just need to tell me so I’d know where to look for you when something happens.”

“But-”

“You can go if you want to, Taeyeon.”

She sighed, “Okay then. Thanks.”

“It’s nothing to thank me for,” Tiffany said while smiling.

Taeyeon smiled back.

After eating breakfast, both of them washed their own dishes then got ready to go out.

Once Taeyeon was done changing, she walked to the living room where she saw Tiffany waiting for her.

“Hey, you’re done. How are you going to the café, by the way?” Tiffany asked while fixing her dress.

“Walk? Or I could take a cab.”

“The café’s pretty far for you to walk, and riding a cab would cost too much. Let me drive you there.”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. She frantically waved her hands in front of her while saying, “Omo! You don’t have to, Tiffany! It’s no problem, really. I’m used to walking long distances.”

“What are you talking about? Why would I let you walk when I have a car?”

“Then let me drive, at least.”

“Nope, sorry.”

“But you’re my boss. Let me just do this one thing for you.”

“If I can do it by myself, why would I need you to do it for me?” 

“Beca-”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Don’t keep my friends waiting, come on!” She held Taeyeon’s hand then dragged the smaller girl out the door and into the car.

 


 

Another update! :) Please comment :)

By the way, I might not be able to update a lot this week because of work. I will still try to update at least twice, though, but no promises.

See you on the next update! :) ***VOTE SOSHI HERE They're leading but not by much.