Chapter 32

Ms. Independent

A/N: This chapter might be a little... blah. I have a massive headache due to work and I tried my best with this chapter. I was supposed to do a double update but this headache's killing me. Maybe tomorrow/later, okay?


 

 

“You do know that we were hinting you earlier that you should ask Tiffany to be your girlfriend right?” 

 

They were now walking to the beach which was only a few meters away from their resort. Originally, Taeyeon and Tiffany were walking beside each other but Sooyoung suddenly pulled Taeyeon to walk with her at the back of the group. Tiffany didn’t think much of it and walked with Jessica instead.

 

“Huh? You were?”

 

Sooyoung fought the urge to smack the girl’s head since Tiffany was just in front of them. “Oh my God, yes! No wonder you looked so clueless. You really were!”

 

Taeyeon scratched the back of her neck. “I thought you really didn’t want me to share a room with her.”

 

“Aish! We were only telling you to ask her today!”

 

“Okay, okay! Chill! But how should I do it? I mean, doesn’t it have to be special?”

 

“Of course! Hmm... we’ll think of something. I’ll ask the others too.”

 

“Okay.”

 

---

 

“Come on, let’s go swim!” Jessica and Yoona dragged their respective girlfriends to the water and started playing.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany who was lying on the sand under the big umbrella, reading a novel. She rolled her eyes. “You went to the beach to read a book?”

 

Tiffany looked up from her book, slightly squinting her eyes due to the bright sun. “I came here to relax. This is how I relax.”

 

“Let’s swim, please?” Taeyeon pouted.

 

“You go first, I still want to read some more,” Tiffany said and continued reading the book.

 

“Fine,” Taeyeon muttered before taking off her shirt and shorts, leaving her with her baby blue bikini.

 

She walked to the shore and tested the temperature with her foot; looking like a cute kid. She smiled happily when she found that the water was warm enough for her. She was about to walk to the deeper part when someone tapped her shoulder.

 

She looked behind her and saw two girls looking shyly at her. “Um, yes?”

 

She saw one of them nudged the other one to speak. “Um, you really look cute in that.”

 

Her face instantly reddened; she let out a shy smile. “T-thank y-you.”

 

“You look lonely. Do you wanna swim with us?” said the other girl.

 

Before she could answer, an arm made it’s way to her waist, making her freeze on the spot. She looked at the owner and saw Tiffany glaring at the two girls Taeyeon was talking to. “Sorry, but she’s with someone.”

 

The two girls nodded. “O-oh. Sorry. Well, bye.” They quickly left before Tiffany could do anything to them.

 

Once they were out of sight, Tiffany let go of Taeyeon and went to where her friends were. Taeyeon chuckled and followed her. “You were jealous, weren’t you?”

 

Tiffany didn’t answer and just continued trudging towards the rest.

 

Taeyeon laughed and nodded. “Yeah, you were totally jealous.”

 

---

 

“Why aren’t you talking to Taeyeon?”

 

Tiffany shrugged. “I just don’t feel like it.”

 

Jessica cocked an eyebrow. “Really? Just this morning, you sneaked in her room to take a nap with her, and now you suddenly don’t feel like talking to her?”

 

“Yeah, what happened?” Yoona questioned.

 

Before she could answer, Taeyeon walked by and said, “She was jealous.” They saw her walk away and went to where Yuri and Sooyoung were.

 

Yoona and Jessica both looked back at Tiffany, waiting for a confirmation. Tiffany was glaring at Taeyeon’s back before she was nudged by Jessica. She sighed. “Fine, I was. She was flirting! How can I not get jealous of that?”

 

“Flirting? With who?”

 

“With two girls by the beach earlier.”

 

“Oh! I think I saw them, but it looked like they were flirting with Taeyeon, not the other way around.”

 

Tiffany huffed. “Whatever, it’s still the same.”

 

Yoona and Jessica snickered and decided to leave the jealous girl alone.

 

---

 

“You sure that will work?”

 

“Yes! I talked to the owner and he’s fine with it.”

 

“But... I mean, what if she says no?”

 

“Oh come on, Taeyeon, you just told us that she was jealous a while ago right?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Then she’ll definitely say yes!”

 

“O-okay, but how will I get her here? She doesn’t even want to talk to me.”

 

“Yoona will take care of that. I already told her the plan.”

 

Taeyeon was still unsure.

 

“Hey, relax. What’s the worst that can happen?” Yuri paused. “Oh, yeah, she can say no,” she laughed at the frowning Taeyeon, “but I’m sure she won’t. So, just stick to the plan and everything will be fine.”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “Fine.”

 

---

 

Tiffany was taking a stroll along the beach when she heard faint footsteps following her. Afraid, she whipped her head back only to see Taeyeon walking behind her. 

 

She huffed and tried to calm her heart. “What are you doing here, Taeyeon?” she said before starting to walk again, not bothering to look at the older girl while talking.

 

“Tiffany, when are you going to talk to me?” Taeyeon whine while taking bigger steps to catch up to Tiffany.

 

Tiffany ignored the girl and continued to walk. Moments later, she saw a wooden jetty not far from where she was. She walked faster, leaving Taeyeon behind.

 

Confused, Taeyeon followed her.

 

Tiffany sat on the edge of the jetty with her feet hanging slightly above the water. She swung her feet as she breathed in the fresh air. She looked towards the horizon and smiled at the view. The sun was almost setting, causing the sky to turn orange.

 

It was beautiful.

 

She then felt someone sitting beside her and knew it was Taeyeon. The older girl didn’t say anything and just continued sitting quietly a few inches away from her.

 

She sighed and moved closer to the girl to rest her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder. Almost instantly, Taeyeon s her arm around her waist.

 

“What’s wrong?” she heard Taeyeon say. 

 

She sighed again and gazed at the wonderful view in front of her before saying, “Yes, I was jealous,” she could almost feel Taeyeon smirk but ignored it, “but I don’t think I have the right to.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I mean... we aren’t even together.” She pulled away from Taeyeon’s hold to see the confused look on the girl’s face. She tore her gaze away and focused on the waters instead. “I’m not your girlfriend,” she muttered under her breath.

 

There was a moment of silence before Taeyeon spoke. “Then... would you like to be my... girlfriend?” it came out as a mere whisper as they both looked at the serene view.

 

“You don’t have to do that, Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion. “Do what?”

 

“Force yourself.”

 

“Huh? I’m not forcing myself.”

 

“Yes, you are,” Tiffany said dejectedly.

 

Unexpectedly, Taeyeon stood up and looked down at her. “I’ll do anything to make you believe me. I’m serious, Tiffany. What do you want me to do?”

 

“Jump into the water,” she said jokingly.

 

Her eyes widened when Taeyeon bended her knees and jumped into the cold water. Tiffany stood up in shock and tried to look for the older girl.

 

“Tae!”

 

Taeyeon’s head popped out of the water with a silly grin on her face. “Help me up!”

 

“Aigoo, Taeyeon-ah,” she head as she bended a bit and pulled out a hand to help Taeyeon up, “you shouldn’t hav– AHHHHH!”

 

Taeyeon held the girl’s hand and immediately pulled her from the jetty and into the water with her.

 

The water was deep and Tiffany was scared of drowning. She wrapped her legs and Taeyeon’s waist and her arms around the girl’s neck.

 

Taeyeon laughed. “Yah, we’re both going to drown!”

 

Tiffany’s arms and legs didn’t loosen around the older girl as she said, “Your fault! You didn’t have to jump into the water! I was joking! And most of all,” she brought a hand up to poke Taeyeon’s forehead, “you didn’t have to pull me in here either! Aigoo, what am I going to do wi–...”

 

Her seemingly endless rambling was silenced by Taeyeon’s lips on hers. The kiss was short but it was enough to leave her daze, with her hold on Taeyeon slowly loosening.

 

“You talk to much,” Taeyeon said and kissed her again, effectively pulling her out of her daze. “I meant what I asked. It may not seem like it due to the timing but I have been meaning to ask you that since earlier.” Taeyeon tightened her hold on the girl’s waist. “I know I’m only your assistant. My pay probably isn’t even enough to pay for your water bill, but I love you.” Taeyeon’s cheeks reddened at her words. Three words they have yet to tell each other until now. “I love you so much and I will do my best to make you happy. I will never make you cry. My heart is yours until the day you decide to give it back.” Taeyeon took a deep breath before continuing. “Tiffany, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Tiffany was stunned. She didn’t know what to do or say. She stared at Taeyeon and it made the older girl anxious.

 

Then suddenly, Tiffany’s lips curved up into a smile. “Yes.” She looked directly at Taeyeon’s eyes. “I love you too.”

 

Taeyeon smiled widely and closed the gap between their lips. 

 

Just like a romantic movie scene, their kiss was coupled with the view of the setting sun in the background. 

 

It was perfect.

 


Some personal replies:

@taengoodaebak: Wah! Thank you :D

@gracee-ah: Then why did you say I'm young? Haha! You're 2 years younger!

@yUrakagel: Omg, highschool? Grabe, bakit ang babata niyo? :|

@globalgen247: Lol, you're not 13 but you're 14! Omg, everyone is so young. Why am I so old?

@Michella: They'll talk about that on the next chapter :D

@taeyeon143: Thank you! I love you too, reader-ssi! Lol

@mushroom: UNNIE! Where have you been?? You don't go on Tumblr that much anymore. Are you busy? Unnie! Most of my readers are so young. You're my only unnie! Haha :))