Chapter 29

Ms. Independent

A/N: Wooh! I kept my promise! :) Since I’m fine and kicking now, I think this chapter will be a bit better than the previous one. I really enjoyed writing this chapter because there’s... byunFany. So yeah, they didn’t sleep together in the last chapter, but I think it’s too early for that. Maybe in the next chapter. *winkwink*


 

It was a couple of days before the trip to the beach and Taeyeon asked Tiffany if she could go to the mall to buy the stuff she has to bring while the latter was working. Seeing that she didn’t have any meetings that day, Tiffany allowed the older girl to go to the mall only if she gets to come along.

 

Taking it as an opportunity to spend more time with Tiffany, Taeyeon agreed right away.

 

They entered the mall and walked towards the interactive directory. “So, what do you need to buy?” Tiffany asked while tapping the screen. 

 

“Hmm... sunscreen, beach towel, and... a swimsuit.”

 

Tiffany snapped her head to the side to look at Taeyeon. “S-swimsuit?”

 

Taeyeon looked at her weirdly. “Yes. You don’t expect me to wear a sweater and a pair of pants to swim, do you?”

 

“B-bikini?”

 

Taeyeon noticed the pink cheeks and laughed as she came to understand why Tiffany was asking. “I’ll wear a full body swimsuit if it’ll ease your erted mind.” She laughed louder.

 

Tiffany felt her cheeks get hotter. “Yah! I-I don’t have a erted mind. I j-just wanted to know what you’re looking for so I could help you.”

 

“Sure, sure,” Taeyeon said with a smirk on her face while tapping the screen, looking for a store.

 

“Yah!” Tiffany pushed Taeyeon by the shoulder and walked away.

 

---

 

“Ohh! I like this one!”

 

“Tiffany, it’s pink. I’m more of a blue kind of person,” Taeyeon said and walked off to look at another rack of swimsuits.

 

“Pink is better though,” Tiffany muttered as she continued to look at the pink bikini.

 

“Aha! This one!”

 

Tiffany put the bikini away and walked to Taeyeon, who was holding up a light blue bikini. “The one I got earlier is cuter, just to let you know.” She snatched the bikini and headed to the cashier.

 

“Hey, wait!”

 

She turned around to see Taeyeon walking towards her. “What?”

 

“I still need to fit it.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes grew wide. “W-what?”

 

Taeyeon took the bikini. “I still need to fit it, boss. I wouldn’t want it to fall while I’m swimming.”

 

Tiffany’s face grew hot again. Various images flashed inside her mind.

 

The older girl noticed the slightly dazed look and snickered. “Of course, I’m not sure if you don’t want that to happen either, .” She laughed and asked a store assistant to direct her to the fitting room.

 

Snapping out of her thoughts, she covered her face with her palms to muffle an incoming scream. She brought her hands down and looked around to see the other customers looking at her strangely. She bowed a couple of times before stalking off to the fitting rooms.

 

---

 

She was outside the fitting rooms, sitting down on a chair provided as she waited for Taeyeon to finish fitting the swimsuit. She heard a door open and heard muffled voices. She saw one of the store assistants walking closer to one of the doors. 

 

She moved to see Taeyeon’s head sticking out of one of the fitting rooms, talking to the store assistant. “I need help with the upper part,” she heard Taeyeon said, “I can’t tie it properly.”

 

“Oh, sure, ma’am.” Her eyes widened when the assistant went in Taeyeon’s fitting room, closing the door behind her.

 

Without thinking, she stood up and knocked on the wooden door. 

 

The door opened, revealing the assistant. “Yes, ma’am? Do you need help with anything? I’ll be a minute ma’am.” She was about to close the door when Tiffany stopped it.

 

“I need you to step out of the fitting room.” She could tell the store assistant was surprised with what she said.

 

“B-but ma’am, I’m helping another customer here.” The assistant tried to close the door again, only to be stopped by Tiffany again.

 

“Ma-”

 

“Please step out. I’m sure I can help my girlfriend.” Tiffany heard snickering from inside the fitting room and was sure Taeyeon heard everything she said. She brushed the shame off and focused on getting the unknown girl out of Taeyeon’s fitting room. 

 

“Oh... Sorry, ma’am.” The assistant bowed and walked out of the room, giving Tiffany a full view of what was inside.

 

She narrowed her eyes when she saw Taeyeon trying hard to hold her laughter while holding onto the top part of the bikini as it wasn’t properly tied yet.

 

“Yah, are you going to let the whole world see my body or are you coming in to help me?”

 

Tiffany went inside the room and locked the door.

 

Once inside, she suddenly didn’t know what to do.

 

“Well? Aren’t you going to help me tie this up? Or... I can just ask the assistant to come in again.”

 

She slapped the girl on the arm harshly and began helping the girl.

 

Taeyeon turned around after and faced the younger girl. “Well? How does it look?”

 

Tiffany was stunned. She was staring at Taeyeon’s body, oblivious to the question directed to her.

 

Taeyeon grinned and grabbed her shirt to cover her exposed body with. “I think that look answers my question.” She stepped closer to Tiffany and kissed the girl’s lips before slightly pushing her by the shoulder. “Now, go. I need to change.”

 

Tiffany allowed herself to pushed out of the open door. Once outside, she blinked her eyes rapidly. Moments later, she felt a warm hand grabbed onto hers and saw Taeyeon looking at her with a smile. “Let’s pay for this  then we can eat.”

 

---

 

They were at a restaurant, sitting beside each other, while looking at the menu. 

 

“I think I’ll order the pasta.”

 

“I’m thinking of order the same.”

 

Tiffany nodded and talked to the waiter.

 

The waited nodded and bowed before walking away.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were sitting in silence when Tiffany’s phone beeped.

 

She released the hand she was holding under the table to search for her phone in her bag. She pulled it out and tapped the screen and that it was a message from her uncle.

 

She opened it.

 

Are you coming with me tomorrow?

 

She contemplated. Will she? But the nightmare... it might worsen if she goes. But then again, she still has to pay respects.

 

Taeyeon noticed the troubled look and rubbed Tiffany’s back. “What’s wrong?”

 

Tiffany shook her head. “Just thinking about something.”

 

Taeyeon nodded but continued rubbing her back.

 

Can I bring Taeyeon along?

 

Her phone beeped again.

 

Of course.

 

She nodded to herself before facing Taeyeon. “Tae, can you come with me tomorrow?”

 

Taeyeon stopped rubbing her back. “Of course. Where do you need to go?”

 

She didn’t answer as she started typing on her phone.

 

Then I’ll see you tomorrow, Uncle.

 

She sighed and put her phone down. She rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder as the latter’s arm s around her waist.

 

Taeyeon was curious but decided not to ask and wait for tomorrow instead. She tightened her hold on Tiffany’s waist as they waited for their food to come.

 


Have I done personal replies before? I don't think I have. Anyway, I think it's time to do some now.

A general reply to my Filipino readers: Yes, I am Filipino :) Proud to be! Sa mga nagtatanong, wala nang baha dito. :) Sana wala rin diyan, kung nasan man kayo. Stay safe! Balita ko, may bago na namang bagyo. Magdala kayo ng payong! Haha!

@taenycity: Thank you! I'm fine. Fighting too! :D

@mushroom: Unnie, yes I was sick! Huhu. But I'm fine now. :) I think it was because of the weather or something :)

@kulsst: Thank you! :)

Didn't reply to everyone, but thank you so much to the well-wishers! Thank you too for the comments! :) I may not reply to them, but I really appreciate every single oneThank you so much! :)

I'll try updating again tomorrow. I'm halfway done with chapter 30, but I still have to finish some stuff for work so... we'll see :)