Chapter 28

Ms. Independent

A/N: I’m sorry for not being able to update last week. I was supposed to update for the 5th anniversary but Tumblr happened. Haha. Then the rain and flooding here in the Philippines happened as well, so the electricity went out a lot of times (together with the internet). THEN I got sick during the weekend. I did my best to write this chapter while I was sick so forgive me if this update turns out to be (very) crappy.

Oh yeah, I hope my Filipino readers out there are safe! :)


 

Jessica had wide open, while Yoona looked like she had seen a ghost.

 

The two had a staring contest with Taeyeon, who was signaling them not make any sound as Tiffany was sleeping.

 

She knew that the two would want to know every detail there is to know so it didn’t come as a surprise when they ignored her. Both Jessica and Yoona came crashing onto the floor, shouting painful cries in the process. She then shifted her gaze to the other two figures running after each other, totally oblivious to the ‘mess’ they made.

 

Yuri and Sooyoung stopped running when they saw their respective girlfriends tangled on the floor. “Yah!” Both of them shouted as they helped their girlfriends pull away from the compromising position. 

 

After being helped up, Jessica pushed Sooyoung while glaring at her. “Why were the two of you running?! You pushed us!”

 

Sooyoung glared at Yuri, who was laughing behind Yoona. “Yuri stole my snacks.”

 

Jessica face-palmed herself. “Oh my... why did I ever fall for you?” She sighed and turned to watch Yoona smack Yuri’s head, reprimanding her about teasing Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon just watched quietly by the side, hoping and praying that all that noise won’t wake Tiffany up even just a bit. And again, as if everyone listening to her pleas were all against her, Yuri walked closer to the sofa and narrowed her eyes at scene before her.

 

She smirked before jumping onto the empty part of the sofa beside Tiffany, effectively waking the girl up.

 

Taeyeon groaned.

 

Hearing the groan, Tiffany looked up and saw Taeyeon’s scrunched up eyebrows, still unaware of the others’ presence in her office. She smiled and cupped the older girl’s face before smoothening the eyebrows.

 

Loud squeals from the other side of the room, and strangely, from beside her, made her snap out of the sweet moment. She turned her head, and to her horror, faking cries were Sooyoung, Jessica and Yoona.

 

She sighed and turned to see Yuri looking at her as if she were her daughter who achieved something great in life.

 

“I think you have some explaining to do, Fany-ah.”

 

---

 

“Awwww!”

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon both had their heads down as their four companions gushed. They had just finished telling the girls how they confessed to each other and the four couldn’t care less if they were at the building’s cafeteria as each squeal seemed to be louder than the previous one.

 

They moved from Tiffany’s office because the shouts and squeals were distracting Tiffany’s employees.

 

To say that Tiffany and Taeyeon were embarrassed was an understatement. They wanted nothing but to disappear from the face of the earth as some of Tiffany’s employees were looking at them.

 

“Hush, guys!” Tiffany tried to shut them up, but to no avail.

 

“Oh, come on, Fany. We’re just really happy, okay? We weren’t expecting you guys to suddenly be lovey dovey especially since Tiffany was too much of a coward to confess yesterday at Sunny’s apartment and Taeyeon was too busy playing around with Sunny,” Yoona said nonchalantly.

 

Tiffany remembered the scene she saw yesterday and glared at Taeyeon, who only smiled as a response. She felt Taeyeon reach for her hand from under the table, but pulled away, feigning annoyance. The older girl grinned and grabbed Tiffany’s hand again, intertwining their fingers and holding it tightly.

 

Tiffany gave up trying to pull out of the hold and just held the girl’s hand instead.

 

They both heard snickering and looked up to see four pairs of eyes looking at them. 

 

“You think we don’t know you’re holding hands right now?” Sooyoung mused.

 

Tiffany was about to let go, but Taeyeon only held on tighter.

 

“And Tiff, don’t get jealous. She confessed to you, didn’t she?” Jessica said.

 

Tiffany looked away shyly, while Taeyeon giggled.

 

“Aww! Look at you being all shy! Never knew you had this side of you, Fany-ah,” Yoona teased. She stopped when Tiffany glared at her. “Anyway, we came here today to ask you guys to come with us to the beach this weekend!”

 

Jessica snapped her fingers when she remembered what they were there for. “Oh yeah! You’ll come with us right?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t answer and waited for Tiffany to speak instead. “It’s not like you’d let me say no anyway.”

 

“Good point!” Yoona snapped her fingers at the realization. “Anyway, we’ll take care of the planning. You two just keep on loving each other,” she snickered and stood up to run away before Tiffany could get to her.

 

Yuri, Jessica and Sooyoung laughed before standing up and walking after Yoona. 

 

When the four disappeared behind the corner, Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany’s hand. “It’ll be fun.”

 

---

 

Tiffany yawned for the fifth time since the meeting started. She only slept for a few hours last night because of the nightmare and the sudden confession. 

 

She was in the second meeting of the day and her employees were fixing their materials for the next presentation. The first one was a disaster as the employee was unprepared and nervous. Being the understanding person that she is, she told him to revise it and reschedule another presentation date.

 

She heard the door open but paid no heed to it. She closed her eyes, resting it for a while. She felt a presence near her and opened her eyes to see Taeyeon’s smiling face inches away from her. She looked around the conference room and saw that her employees were still busy setting up.

 

She looked back at Taeyeon and was surprised when the girl suddenly pecked her lips. “That’s for this morning,” Taeyeon smiled cheekily. “Anyway, Juhyun texted me and told me you were on the verge of falling asleep, so here’s coffee.”

 

She raised her eyebrow. “How come you know here number? And... you text each other?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the slight display of jealousy. She kissed Tiffany’s forehead before patting the girl’s head. “Drink the coffee, I’ll be in your room.” She stood up straight and waved at Juhyun before making her way out of the room.

 

Tiffany smiled and looked at Juhyun, mouthing a ‘thank you.’ Juhyun smiled at her in return.

 

---

 

They went home and had dinner. Tiffany was tired so she decided to go to bed after watching a few minutes of TV.

 

Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand and walked towards their rooms but stopped midway, both having the same thoughts running through their minds.

 

Will they be sleeping separately? Or together? 

 

Should I ask her to sleep on the same bed with me? Wouldn’t that be weird and too forward, though?

 

They were just standing in the hallway for a few minutes before Taeyeon cleared . “Goodnight.” She kissed Tiffany on the forehead and cheek before walking to her room.

 

Guess it’s too soon for that.

 

“Tae!” Tiffany, who was slightly disappointed of not having Taeyeon sleep with her tonight, became even more disappointed that the girl didn’t kiss her where she wanted to get it the most. Taeyeon turned around with a questioning look.

 

Tiffany walked up to her and leaned forward to steal a couple of pecks on her lips before turning around and half-running to her room.

 

Still dazed, Taeyeon stared at Tiffany’s closed door, blinking. Half a minute later, she brought her hand up to her lips and smiled. She chuckled to herself and walked to her room.

 


I'll update tomorrow, I promise. :)