Chapter 25

Ms. Independent

 

 

Taeyeon sat there, still surprised by what Mr. Hwang said. A part of her was confused while the other part somewhat knew exactly what he meant. She refused to believe the latter. 

 

Why would he say something like that?

 

She shrugged her shoulders and lied down the couch. She knows Tiffany will probably scold her for staying there. A nice cozy bed definitely sounds inviting, but she needed to sort her feelings out. 

 

Her thoughts led her to the conversation she had with Sunny earlier. Does she really like Tiffany? It was hard to tell for her since this is the first time she has ever even thought of liking someone.

 

If she does like Tiffany, and she’s seriously considering that possibility now, what should she do next? Should she tell her or not? What if Tiffany becomes disgusted with her?

 

Just the thought of it makes her heart ache.

 

But what if she feels the same way?

 

But she’ll be leaving in a few weeks. How is that going to work?

 

It probably won’t.

 

She sighed as she slowly drifted to sleep.

 

---

 

She felt something soft touching her right cheek. She smiled at the feeling. She liked it, hoping that it won’t leave her as soon as she wakes up. Soon, sleep left her, and so did that wonderful feeling she experienced not even a minute ago.

 

She opened her eyes and jerked a bit when she saw Tiffany’s face close to hers. Tiffany’s eyes were closed so it gave her a chance to look closely at the girl’s face.

 

She was beautiful.

 

But I already knew that from the first time I laid eyes on her.

 

She inhaled the sweet scent emanating from Tiffany.

 

She smelled good.

 

But I already knew that when we first shared a bed.

 

She was already able to notice all those things right from the start but the way the girl looked to her now is very different from how she saw the girl before.

 

Her heart beat fast. She can’t seem to look away even when the other girl was on the verge of opening her eyes.

 

They stared at each other, both with wide eyes. Their faces were very close that they can feel each other’s breaths tickling them on the face, but none pulled away.

 

They heard a faint cough from the side and both jumped. They looked to the side and saw Mr. Hwang looking at them with an unreadable expression.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know what to make of it so she stood up and bowed.

 

Tiffany, on the other hand, stood up straight and walked past her uncle and into the kitchen.

 

Mr. Hwang then smiled to Taeyeon after Tiffany left. “Dinner?”

 

---

 

Dinner went by quietly. None of them spoke. While the two of them were thinking about the earlier ‘incident,’ the other one, the oldest, was silently observing them from his seat with a soft smile on his face.

 

When they were done, Taeyeon offered to do the dishes in exchange for their kindness but Mr. Hwang politely rejected, saying that Taeyeon should just continue her sleep in the room since she’s probably tired. He then told Tiffany to get some more rest, just to make sure that she’s all well and better tomorrow.

 

Both girls retreated to the farthest room. Taeyeon let Tiffany enter the room first, since it was hers.

 

Tiffany went through her closet and later pulled out two pairs of PJs. She quietly handed the blue one to Taeyeon and clutched the pink one before entering the bathroom to take a quick shower before bed.

 

Taeyeon, on the other hand, just sat on the bed, thinking still about what happened earlier. A smile graze her face when she remembered the things she noticed when she was observing Tiffany’s beautiful face. Her heart beat fast at the thought of Tiffany’s face so close to hers. She then remembered the sensation it brought her when she felt something on her cheek while sleeping. She brought up an hand to touch her right cheek, silently hoping it was whatever she thought it was.

 

Tiffany’s lips.

 

Just the thought made her blush as red as a tomato, and she doesn’t even need to look into a mirror to confirm that. 

 

She lied down on one side of the bed, trying to calm herself down and hoping to bring her face’s natural color back. She was smiling widely until she unknowingly fell asleep.

 

---

 

Tiffany steeped out the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. She looked towards the bed and saw Taeyeon sleeping and heard soft snores. She smiled and made her way to the other side of the bed.

 

She slowly got onto bed, carefully, in case it might wake Taeyeon up. She moved around and slightly hovered over the sleeping girl. With her eyes, she traced the facial features of the girl she came to like, and maybe even love. She grinned like a fool when she remembered how she softly landed a peck on the girl’s cheek.

 

Admittedly, she wanted it to be on the lips but she didn’t want to make it seem like she was taking advantage of a sleeping girl.

 

Her thoughts then drifted to the moment she opened her eyes and saw Taeyeon looking at her with wide eyes. It made her think that Taeyeon was going to pull away in surprise and disgust, but the older girl didn’t.

 

Their faces were so close that she was able to feel Taeyeon’s breath hitting her gently on the face. She loved the proximity.

 

As she hovered over the girl, a drop of water from her still wet hair landed on Taeyeon’s cheek. She gasped quietly and wiped the girl’s face with a towel before planting another gentle peck on the girl’s cheek, and got out of bed to continue drying her hair.

 

Unknown to her, Taeyeon woke up the moment she felt a drop of water hit her face. When she felt Tiffany’s soft lips on her cheek, she was so sure her cheeks were burning. She prayed to whoever was listening that the younger girl won’t notice her suddenly red cheeks and slightly sweating forehead.

 

Right then, she knew she liked the feeling of Tiffany’s soft lips on her cheeks.

 

---

 

She waited for the younger girl to drift to sleep before slipping out of bed and taking a quick shower. When she was done, she saw Tiffany lying on the bed, arms and legs spread out. She chuckled and grinned at the sight. She dried her hair quickly and stood beside the bed. Somehow, she managed to move Tiffany to the other side without waking her up.

 

She slipped under the covers and fixed it over Tiffany so the girl wouldn’t catch a cold. Tiffany suddenly shifted and soon they lying face to face, still with the girl’s eyes closed and soft snores coming from her. Taeyeon smiled and lifted her hand to fix Tiffany’s hair, effectively uncovering the girl’s peaceful face.

 

She unconsciously moved closer and studied the girl’s face again. 

 

Just when she was about to close her eyes, she moved her head and pressed her lips on Tiffany’s cheek.

 

A little payback won’t hurt.

 

She smiled as she caressed the girl’s cheek with her thumb. 

 

“I like you,” she whispered even though she was so sure Tiffany won’t even hear it. 

 

She smiled and closed her eyes, completely missing out the wide smile that formed on Tiffany’s lips.



 

A/N: I know I said I will make this the ‘confession’ chapter, but I think it’s better if I make Taeyeon realize her feelings first before I make any of them confess.