Chapter 37

What if Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seungwan smiles. If they are not in their early stage of their relationship, she will probably think that this is a pamamanhikan.

 

They are currently having breakfast with their parents (yes, Seungwan and Sooyoung actually manage to wake up on time) in a restaurant of Mommy Park’s choice. Both fathers are on the opposite end, they are beside each other and their mothers in front of them.

 

Exactly like a pamamanhikan. Seungwan thought.

 

Seungwan felt a nudge on her shoulder, Sooyoung silently asking her why she was smiling. She just beams at her girlfriend before stuffing food inside .

 

The breakfast was lighthearted and lovely. Everyone was conversing with each other and the families are getting to know each other. Their fathers, even if seated on the opposite end of the table, still managed to converse with each other. Mama Son is particularly hogging Sooyoung’s attention because ‘I want to get to know my daughter-in-law more’–Mama Son’s exact words.

 

Seungwan lets them. She just watches everybody with a smile on her face. It’s not every day that the parents of the person you’re dating will accept you and your relationship, add the fact that you both are girls. She’s glad that both their parents are accepting.

 

Seungwan felt a vibration from inside her pocket so she took out the phone–Sooyoung’s phone–then passed it to the owner with a small nudge since her girlfriend is too engrossed in whatever Mama Son is talking about.

 

Sooyoung wasn’t able to bring a bag since they were hastily getting ready for this breakfast (thank god she didn’t forget her phone) and the dress she wore doesn’t have a pocket (I mean, why? Dresses should have pockets by now, right?) so her phone and also her big wallet are in Seungwan’s care.

 

It’s only fair since Seungwan, most of the time, doesn’t bring a bag with her so her stuffs are almost always in Sooyoung’s bag. And because they are a couple who doesn’t hide things to their partner, it really doesn’t matter if they have each other’s phones. But they don’t read each other’s messages–unless asked to–because that’s basic privacy. They are never the snooper and they trust each other wholeheartedly.

 

Sooyoung took the phone, read it briefly before giving it back to Seungwan.

 

Seungwan couldn’t help but smile at the domesticity of everything. She very much like their dynamics, she briefly wonders if all relationships are like this or its just them.

 

“Will you be accompanying mom and dad to the airport?”

 

Seungwan blinks rapidly, she didn’t realize she was staring too much until she felt Sooyoung’s finger wiping the smudge on the corner of her lip. She blushed at the public display of affection, but then again Sooyoung really loves showing her affection for Seungwan in front of everybody and their parents will not be spared.

 

“I will”

 

Incheon airport is Seungwan’s parents’ destination since they will be going back to Canada, while Sooyoung’s is Gimpo. Seungwan’s parents decided to leave today as well so Papa Son can have a rest before going back to work.

 

Sooyoung smiles, satisfied when the smudge was removed. “I’m going with umma and appa to the airport first. I’ll meet you at the supermarket?”

 

Seungwan completely forgot about that. They did talk about going to the supermarket (gotta restock some milk, eggs and other stuff) before leaving the house, and they agreed to go together after breakfast with the parents. “I can go to Gimpo after sending mom and dad off”

 

“Don’t burn money and energy” Sooyoung smiles, fixing Seungwan’s fringe. “We can always meet halfway”

 

The younger couple didn’t realize that their parents were watching their conversation with smiles on their faces. When Seungwan realizes it and turns to their parents, she got shy because they still continue to stare bluntly at them.

 

“They really look good together don’t you think?”

 

Mommy Park nods to answer Mama Son.

 

“It will be a loss if you two don’t end up together” Daddy Park shakes his head, already fixated on having Seungwan as his daughter-in-law.

 

“Don’t worry, appa” Seungwan holds Sooyoung’s hand. “I’ll make sure we end up together”

 

Sooyoung beams, her eye-smile mirroring the ones her mother has. She, too, will make sure that Seungwan will end up with her.

 

 

 

♦♦♦

 

 

 

“Dad no” Seungwan stated firmly.

 

“Why not?!” Papa Son looks like he’s about to cry, in the middle of the busy Incheon airport.

 

Mama Son just continues walking, clearly unbothered by the childishness of her husband.

 

“I don’t see the need to buy a car when my apartment is walking distance from my school” Seungwan sighs.

 

“There are many uses for a car, Wan” Papa Son insists. “Like… you can take Sooyoung out on a date somewhere nice”

 

“Sooyoung loves taking the bus, dad”

 

“How about

Please log in to read the full chapter