CHAPTER 2

I SMELL SOME JELOUSY

 

Just like what they have planned earlier, everyone decided to have a dinner together as a welcome party for the new members after that bone wearing company meeting.

 

As usual, all members including their manager hyung went to their A-list pub in the middle of the busy streets of Itaewon. The place is relatively diminutive compared to other pubs in that area but they, especially him and 127 members, liked it better because that means they'd get to enjoy the place exclusively for themselves. 

They decided to get 3 long tables in order for the 23 of them to fit in. He's now sitting beside Jeno, who looked extremely happy to sit with his..uhmm best buddy, Jaemin. What goes on between the two remains between themselves and it's not like they have a problem with whatever it is. It's a rule of thumb for them not to mind any form of special, be it romantic or extremely platonic kind of relationship within the group as long as they'd stay professional. Not that they don't give a damn about each other's business but they like to believe that each of them is just a normal human being before becoming an idol. Meaning, they're also capable of experiencing all sorts of emotions, such as love, hatred, and anger just like any other person. But still, they need to take extra precautions not to mix business with pleasure. They all worked their fingers to the bone just to be where they are today after all. 

Everything is now all set but his eyes seem to automatically search for a certain someone. And no, Mark won't admit even to the smallest bone in his body that he's looking out for Donghyuck. He doesn't want to remember how awkward it felt earlier after he grabbed Donghyuck out from his admirers. 

Mark can't help but to roll his eyes whenever he thinks of that particular scene. What's more exasperating is the fact that he, himself, doesn't know why he's feeling it that way. It's really frustrating but he knows for sure that whatever reason it might be, he doesn't dare to face it. 

"Why do you keep looking out for him when he's just there? Look in front of you, Mork" Chenle, who just popped out of nowhere, said out of the blue which caught him off guard. 

Am I that obvious? damn.

He cleared his throat before taking the can of beer from Chenle's hand. 

"And who said I'm looking for Haechan? I'm looking out for brave kids like you who wants to drink alcohol" 

" And who said you're looking for Haechan hyung? I didn't even mention his name. Aigooo This is why you're way too obvious Mork" He was left speechless because how can he possibly give a counter attack to that? Chenle just hit the bullseye so he's left with no choice but to keep silent. What do you expect from someone who's allergic to confrontation like him? The best way to stay safe is to keep silent. It's his guiding philosophy ever since and it works every damn time.

He secretly looked to the said boy's direction while trying his best not to look too obvious. He pretended to sip in his beer, trusting his most natural acting skills. Donghyuck and the rest of the members don't need to know how much of a chaos his mind has right now. 

Mark's not quite sure what to feel when he finally gets a glimpse of him because here he is, the only Lee Donghyuck, sitting across his table while laughing at whatever conversation he's having with that new boy, Sungchan. Donghyuck seemed to be enjoying the latter's company visible to his bright cheeky smile while looking at Sungchan's face. It's an old habit of him, staring at the person he's talking with as if he wants to burn their soul through his eyes. Mark knows it better, no, he knows it best because Donghyuck does it to him every time. Even when they're not talking, he'd just watch him with that meaningful gaze that Mark has grown to avoid for some reason. Not that he doesn't like it, it's definitely the opposite but it's Donghyuck. As much he wants to deny it, Donghyuck's presence affects him like a huge sea waves ready to him alive. 

His wandering thoughts were interrupted when a smiling Yangyang approached Donghyuk and Sungchan's table. The youngest of the three offered him a chair beside him but Yangyang hesitated for a bit while mumbling something to Donghyuck.

Oh c'mon. Don't tell me-

And yes, the boy declined Sungchan's offer because clearly, he wanted to seat with Donghyuck in the first place. The irritation and rage inside him is screaming that he didn't even notice he's holding the can of beer too tight. He kept his eyes on the trio, specifically to Donghyuck and if stares could kill, the two men beside him would be dead in an instant. 

The next thing he knew, Jeno's screaming "yah yahhhh Mark hyung what are you doing?" only to find out that the beer is spilling out from the can. He caught the attention of everyone including Donghyuck. The younger boy is now looking back at him and in no actual he'd retrieve his gaze from him. 

When the boy softens the looks in his eyes, Mark knows that he needs to accept his defeat because here it is again. That meaningful look in his eyes. It's like a sea of emotions that he can't swim without getting drawn into it. 

Donghyuck gets a tissue box and immediately stands up to approach him. He didn't look away even now that he's beside him wiping the spilled beer on his thigh. Call him cheesy or whatever but he feels that this moment is too cinematic. The way this boy gently wipes his mess is so too surreal for his liking. Suddenly, Mark felt a lump in his throat and a loud thug in his chest. He feels like his heart will run out of the ribcage so he automatically hold his chest to check if his heart is still intact. 

what the is wrong with him?

"Mark hyung, what's wrong?" Concern is very much written  all over Donghuck's face and he doesn't know what to say because how the hell should he answer that? like, I'm okay dude, it's just that you're way too stunning that's making my heart go crazy because of  too many waves of emotions. I'm okay, I'm just too gay for you.

"I- I think...I need to go home. I'm feeling under the weather. " 

"uhh I'll- "

Mark hastily stands up and went to the exit door without letting him finish his response.  

The only time he lets a loud sigh is when he reached outside the pub. He kicks the small rock out of frustrations and the overwhelming feeling he has right now. 

"The are you doing, Mark ?? Stop acting like a dumb middle schooler. What the is wrong with you?" 

"Yea what's wrong with you?" Coming from a way too familiar voice from the back. There's no need to confirm who that voice belongs to because even when he's sleeping, his system knows it's from him. He's too preoccupied that he didn't even notice Donghuck has followed him outside. 

"What are you doing here? Go back inside. I'll just go home and sleep" He tried to act calm even tho his inner self wants to scream at this  moment. 

"I'll go with you. Taeyong hyung asked me to go with you" 

"It's okay. I can do it. The last time I checked it, my legs are still intact y'know? just go inside and play with Sungchan or Yang yang or to whoever you want to play with--"

"Ohh" It's now too late before he realized what he has said. The younger man is now looking at him with a smile and a glimmer in his eyes. He steps closer but he steps backward. Mark wants to take back everything and burn it to hell but it's too late now. Too late. 

"Don't tell me you're getting jealous? Is Mark hyung jealous? " 

"N-no- what no--" He steps closer and even before he finished his sentence, Donghyuck already closed the distance between them. He enclosed him with a warm hug and Mark wants to melt when he whispered something into his ears. 

"It's okay hyung. It's just me. You can relax now" 

His voice is too low that made him feel the chills up to his backbone. 

How can he possibly relax when the only person he wants to have is now in his arms? He hesitantly hugs back the younger. 

There. As simple as that. He likes Lee Donghyuck and he's such an for kept on denying it for so long. But can you blame him? This boy is too precious for him and the last thing he wants to do is to hurt him. He cant afford to lose him.

But not taking a risk is a risk itself. He took a deep breath. It's now or never. 

"Hyuck, I have something to tell you" He tightens his arms around him. 

"Hmm?" Donghyuck looks up from his arms with curiosity written all over his face.

"idon'tknowhowithappenedbutIthinkilikeyouit'sokayifyouwon'treciprocateitijustwantyoutoknowhowitfeelsbecauseyoudeserveit"

The time seems to stop when Hyuck retracts himself from the hug and Mark suddenly feels the need to run and hide. He stared at him for a good 3 seconds and to his surprise, the boy lets out a loud laughter as if he has told the funniest joke in the world.

"Woahh that's the fastest rap I've ever heard from you. But your newly composed rap is good tho I didn't quite catch the other lyrics. Maybe you can repeat it for me? " He said while wiping his tears from laughing too much. 

What happened? Mark's lost. What is he saying? Is it a new way of rejecting someone who just confessed?

wait what?

It hits him hard when he realized that he basically rapped his confession out of nervousness and in his 22 years of existence, Mark never felt a strong urge to hit himself until now. 

Stupid Mark Lee.

He mentally curses himself. 

"y'know what? Let's just go back to the dorm. I'll cook for you since I don't want you to die out of hunger because you kept on looking at me earlier that you forgot you have food on your table. That's a sad way to die, don't you think hyung?" He gave him a knowing smile then winked. 

And just like any other normal days, Mark can't find the right words to say.

He lets out a deep sigh before smiling back at him. 

Maybe he'll tell him next time. He's just gonna enjoy this moment for the both of us. 

Lee Donghyuck. What should I do with you?