CHAPTER 1

I SMELL SOME JELOUSY

The  cold spell of the winter breeze welcomes Mark and the rest of s on mid month of September.  Though the chills can be felt under everyone's skin, it still can not be compared to how Mark's feelings as he watchs members from all NCT units continously enter the meeting room of their company.

Dreamies greeted him with a hug while shouting, "Mark-yahhhh!" which just earned a chuckle from him. As expected from his Dream members. He then saw familiar faces like his Kun, Ten, and Winwin hyung. His level of comfortableness with his hyungs are still the same other than the slight awkwardness with Winwin since it's been so long since they last saw each other. Well it's given since the situation for 127 and Winwin is quiet rigged. They all got busy anyway so they didn't have much time to think of the whereabouts of each other. Although it's unfortunate, they really don't have the power to control over their groups' system.

Lucas then entered the room followed by the other three members of wayv, Hendery, Xiaojun and Yangyang. He knows them by their name and faces but he never had the chance to talk with them since they promoted in China while their group, 127 , was busy with their American tour. 

Heavy feelings of uneasiness enveloped his system when he remembers the  reason why all members of their massive group gathered in a now looks smaller SM's meeting room. But to be completely honest, none of them knows the exact  reason why the management suddenly called for this arrangement. Maybe they're debuting another subunit or a sudden change in their system. What ever it is, It's for sure a big deal since they're gathering as a whole. 

" So before we start this meeting. Let's all be sure that each unit's members are complete". Said by one of their company staffs.

His Taeyong hyung immediately counts 127 members while he, himself, mentally counts his dream members. He looked around to see who's missing because he only counted 6 members including himself. 

 

"Are you looking for your precious dongsaeng, Mark hyung?"

Mark hyung.

He mentally repeats that voice inside his head until he felt a sudden heavy weight on his shoulder. He was greeted by Haech-Dongyuck's smiling face when he looked at his left side. The said boy was smiling from ear to ear while looking at him.  He can't help but to stare at his eyes. 

It's been seven years since he met Donghyuck but it  never failed to amaze him how beautiful his dongsaeng is. He's gorgeous not just because of his bright like a sun smile and personality but because of how he carried himself. Just like today, Donghyuck is just wearing gray sweatpants and an oversized black shirt but he still look like he just walked out from a freakin runaway show.

You see, these are his normal thoughts but in no way, in no freaking way he'll tell this  as he knows for sure how much Dongyuck enjoys teasing him. 

"Where have you been?" He cleared his throat to distract his already distracted system because of the devil incarnate named, Lee Donghyuck. 

"I'm just here hyung. You're just too distracted to notice." The younger gave him a knowing smile. "Nervous, are we?" Mark just sighed in response.

As always, Donghyuck is the only person who can read his emotions even in the thickest mask he wears.  Maybe, the reason why he's also comfortable with this boy although there's a lot of noticeable differences in their personallity is because Donghyuck knows him the best. Even the slightest difference in his smile is never too hard for this boy to understand nor to notice. He just knows everthing about Mark Lee that even he, himself, can't find the exact logic behind.

"Well yeah.. for the record, it's the first time that we're all meeting like this. It just...feels unfamiliar" The younger tapped his shoulder in response as if reassuring him that everything will be alright. He doesn't actually expecting Donghyuck to understand him since the boy is known to be a social butterfly. You can put him in a room with unknown people and he can make friends with all of them in a matter of seconds. That's how he's always been and that's the very reason why he was so popular among sm  other trainees in the past. 

He just sighed and tried to shift his attention to the staffs infront of them. 

"Now that we're all complete. Let's proceed to the introduction of new members" Hearing the words "new members" earned a loud response from all of them. Mostly, excited cheers and claps.

Two unfamiliar faces then entered the room, one with a shy looking with a  fixed like smiling face and  the other one with a much taller height and a fair complexion.

He must be older than me and he looks like a model.  He thought while eyeing the newbies.

"Hello everyone. I'm shotaro. 20 years old and I came from Japan. I'm still learning korean but it's my pleassure to meet you." 

Everyone clapped including Yuta who's obviously so pleased to know that there will be another japanese member in their group. Shotaro talks in a  soft voice, almost as if he's whispering and that reminds him of Jungwoo hyung when he officially debuted in NCT. 

"Hello everyone. My name is Sungchan. I'm korean and I'm the same age as Chenle" Everyone gasp when they heard how the taller boy introduced himself. It's because of  the fact that he is the same age as Chenle when his heaight and looks contradicts it all.  He's too tall for his age! And Mark knows for sure that Chenle will agree with him.

"Who's your favorite hyung then?" Donghyuck said out of the blue which earned a loud cheer from everyone. As expected. Did he already mention how sociable Donghyuck is?

The boy in question doesn't even look surprised by the sudden question from a complete stranger. Instead, he just smiled at Donghyuck.

I like everyone but Haechan sunbae seems very kind so he'll be my favorite for sure" 

The cheer gets even louder when sungchan suddenly winked at Donghyuck.  Suprisingly, not even an inch of shyness could be seen in his face when he said that. A confident boy, he must say.  

All people in the room started teasing the two making the atmosphere lighter than earlier.

Donghyuck on the other hand seemed to be enjoying himself a little too much with the scene he created.

Mark can't help but to smile at his playfulness. It never failed to make everyone feel at ease and that's one of Donghyuck's charm that he might or might not hate depending on the situation. 

"Yangyang here likes Haechan too!!" A sudden claim from Ten made everyone shift their attention to wayv's direction. Yangyang's covering ten's mouth with his two hands but it's now too late. Almost two dozen pair of curious eyes are focused on the said men. Ten removed the younger's hand to continue "exposing" him. 

"whyyyy you told me several times that Haechan is an interesting guy and that you'd love to get close to him!" 

Yangyang looks like he wants to cry and disappear in the moment earning another loud teasing from the people in the room. 

"OHHHHHH a love triangle?! What kdrama is this? We don't allow in this family! " 

Johnny dramatically claims as he wipes his non existent tears making everyone crack into pit of laughter. 

Except Mark. 

Maybe he needs to check his sense of humor because he can't seem to know what's so funny or maybe he badly wants to know why Donghyuck's eyes have so much curiousity directed to yangyang's direction.

He wants to smack his head because why does it bother him so much? It's not like yangyang likes Donghyuck romantically and even if that's the case, what's the big deal?? Donghyuck's ual and gender preference is not a secret to everyone especially to him. He's the first person to know his first boy crush and it's not something new to him. He even used to joke he had some sort of "attraction" to him when they first met but Mark likes to dismiss that idea. Donghyuck is Donghyuck. He'd make a joke out of everything and that makes him dubious about everything that comes out to the youngers mouth. 

He tried to shrug it off his mind. He needs to focus on today's agenda. 

The meeting went smooth after that. The staff and the creative management team discussed their plan to launch a massive project for all the members for this year. It seems promising  as excitement is written all over the members' face. They'd got to have various combination in every unit which means they'll be working with some new faces and not so new as well. 

It will be such an interesting era for all of them and that's for sure.

"OKAYYYY!! LET'S HAVE A WELCOME PARTY FOR THE NEW FAMILY MEMBERS !!"  Taeyong shouts as everyone's preparing to leave the room. 

He watches Yangyang and Sungchan goes to Donghyuck's side and not a single bone in his body expected what happened next. 

"Haechan hyung, can I go with you?"

"Haechan-shi can I go with you?" 

Both men simultaneously asked. Mark doesn't understands why but Donghyuck's first reaction is to look at him as if looking for some kind of response from him. 

I mean, why would he?

"oHHHHHH hyuckie is that famous classmate!!" Yuta jokingly shouted behind Mark. He just rolled his eyes because what kdrama is this?? 

He doesn't know why but he feels too irritated to what's happening.

"He's coming with me" And before he even knew it, He already moved to hold Donghyuck's arm. They both stand up and walked out of the room. 

 

"Whooooo 3 points for Mark boy!"