The gift

A brother for Yoonah
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun was feeling anxious because her period was late and she was torn between the fear of being and not being pregnant.

On one hand, the accountant wanted to make Yoonah's dream come true and there was a chance that her emotions were affecting her hormones. On the other, she started panicking while questioning if she was really ready to experience so many changes.

Unable to sleep, the brunette sneaked out of the Moon's residence and found a drugstore where she bought 5 boxes of the pregnancy test. 

After getting back, Yongsun hesitated for a long time before she gathered the courage to pee on the stick. However, when it was finally done, the dark-haired girl used all the tests.

It was 5 am when the accountant went to the kitchen to drink some water and she bumped into the handsome CEO in the corridor.

_____ Are you okay, Yongsun? You seem agitated?

_____ Erm.... I don't know if I should bother you with that at such an early hour._____ The brunette kept walking and the owner of the house followed her.

_____ You will never bother. I want you to be confident that you can always count on me.

Moonbyul had a powerful aura on a daily basis but seeing her in a domestic environment was very comforting because of her tenderness.

The guest sipped some water and declared after some hesitation:

_____ My period is usually very regular but it hasn't come this month.

_____ Oh...._____ The taller woman's triangle mouth expressed her surprise with some care.

Yongsun imagined that Moonbyul was a woman who rarely let herself be dominated by emotions. She was probably trained to behave like a lady no matter what.

_____ And I know you suggested that we did things with calm but...I'm the anxious type. Forgive me. I took a pregnancy test.

Widening her eyes, the businesswoman her lips and had more difficulty keeping herself indifferent this time.

____ O...kay...

____ It's positive._____ The accountant murmured as if she was afraid of facing that reality.

_____ Alright. We should still keep our feet on the ground. This kind of test sometimes is a false positive.

_____ I know but....5 times?

Moonbyul's jaw dropped and she poured herself some water.

After drinking the fresh liquid, the sophisticated woman declared:

_____ Okay...I'll take you to the doctor at 8. Let's act as if we are following our regular routines. I don't want Yoonah being excited before we are 300% sure.

_____ Okay._____ Yongsun sounded distressed.

Moonbyul got closer and massaged the woman's shoulder while giving her a smile:

_____ Don't worry. Everything will be fine. As I said, I'm here for you. You just have to tell me what you need and I'll take care of it. I promise.

_____ Th...thank you.____ The dark-haired young woman felt her body trembling and that puzzled her mind.

Both females went back to their bedrooms and tried to rest a bit for the next hours. Nevertheless, they failed miserably.

____ x ____

Four hours later, the duo had already left the clinic and Moonbyul drove to a public park.

Yongsun couldn't tell if the blonde was happy or not. And if she was being very honest, her own feelings were confusing.

They sat on a bench in front of the lake and remained silent for a long time until the businesswoman spoke with a warm tone of voice:

_____ I'm feeling....emotional. Even though having another child hadn't really crossed my mind, Yoonah changed me and made me a better person. It has been the best part of my life. Now another piece of me is growing inside of you and we barely know each other. You are gonna change my life once again with this generous action. I hope it doesn't become a burden.

_____ Please, don't make me cry... I am feeling so confused. I am afraid of failing and letting you and your daughter down._____ Yongsun sounded fragile.

The blonde held her hand and comforted her:

_____ Yongsun, you will not let us down. I don't know if you noticed but I raise my daughter with a constant reality check. She knows money can't give her everything. And that life doesn't happen the way we expect. The only reason why I am avoiding telling her about the result, for now, is that pregnancies are fragile in the first months and it's better not to raise her expectations. However, if it is not meant to be, she will understand. We'll be forever grateful that y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter