Making her smile

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

“Did you cry unnie?” Lisa was looking at Jisoo closely. “Why are your eyes red?”

 

Jisoo fanned herself.

 

“Something got into my eyes..” said Jisoo. “Oh.. Sir Jungkook is out now..”

 

Thank God she saw him coming out otherwise Lisa would continue asking her questions.

 

Everyone was already outside the restaurant waiting for Taehyung and Jungkook who were paying.

 

Lisa sighed.

 

“Then I’ll leave now and see you tomorrow unnie..” said Lisa going inside the car to start the engine.

 

Jisoo was holding Taehyung’s handkerchief in her hand.

 

If he hadn’t covered her while she was crying, everyone would have seen her.

 

Her boss must be really the nicest CEO out there just like what Lisa said.

 

It was only her first day but she could see his good manners already.

 

She put the handkerchief inside her bag. She thought she’d give it back to him after washing it.

 

“Ms. Kim..” said one of the three male employees approaching her.

 

Jisoo turned to them and greeted them with a smile.

 

They exhanged names and had a little conversation.

 

“Ms. Kim, how about we go for a second round?” asked one of them. “We should get to know ourselves more..”

 

“That’s right, we can have a couple of drinks while chatting.. I didn’t see you drinking before..” said one of them as he put a hand on her shoulders.

 

“Ohh.. I didn’t drink because I was busy eating and singing..” said Jisoo faking a smile as she shyly pushed the guy’s hand from her.

 

Then she heard that gentle and calm voice calling her name.

 

“Ms. Kim..”

 

Jisoo automatically responded with “Yes Sir?”..

 

The three men backed off and went away.

 

Taehyung saw Jisoo heaving a sigh of relief when they left.

 

“Do you need something Sir?” asked Jisoo raising her eyebrows.

 

Taehyung was still eyeing those three guys studying and remembering their faces.

 

This shall be their last day at work.

 

“Sir..” she called him again. 

 

Taehyung finally looked at her. 

 

Her eyes were still a little red. What would be the reason why she cried before? Did the song make her sad? Did she remember something that made her emotional? Or perhaps she was reminded by her ex?

 

“Sir.. are you drunk? Do you need me to drive you home?” asked Jisoo.

 

“Yes..” said Taehyung without thinking.

 

Wait.. No.. why did he say yes? He isn’t drunk.. she doesn’t need to drive him home..

 

“Then please give me the key..” said Jisoo opening her hand in front of him.

 

“You don’t have to-..” 

 

He was about to decline her offer but he saw those three guys again looking over her.

 

He quickly took out the key from his pocket and handed it to her.

 

“I’m not really drunk but I’m quite sleepy..” he said going inside his car.

 

He sat on the backseat and was observing her through the mirror.

 

Jisoo is a nice woman. She doesn’t deserve anything that happened to her.

 

He found himself blaming his stupidness again. He should have never nodded his head that day when Jungkook asked him about that useless revenge!

 

He didn’t know he was holding his forehead for a long time while thinking about what he did to her.

 

Then Jisoo stopped the car. 

 

He looked outside. It wasn’t his house but a convenience store instead.

 

“Why are we here?” he asked puzzled.

 

Jisoo unbuckled her seatbelt and turned to him.

 

“I’ll go and buy something for your headache Sir.. you seemed to be in pain before..” she said before going out.

 

He couldn’t even say a word because she left hurriedly.

 

Did he really look in pain? While thinking of her?

 

Then he must have looked pretty bad..

 

Jisoo came back just a couple of minutes later.

 

“Here you go Sir..” she said giving him a bottled water and some medicine.

 

“Thank you Ms. Kim.. I’ll drink it at home..” he said taking it.

 

Then Jisoo drove again and arrived in front of his house shortly after.

 

“I’ll go now Sir.. have a good night..” she said after giving him back the key.

 

She bowed her head and left.

 

Taehyung was just standing there while holding his key in his hands and looking at her walking away slowly.

 

He looked at his watch and noticed it was past 11 pm.

 

Will she even catch a bus or taxi at this hour?

She shouldn’t have driven him home.. 

 

Taehyung ran after her and grabbed her by her wrist.

 

“Sir?” Jisoo looked surprised. 

 

“I’m sorry for startling you..” he said releasing the grip on her wrist and taking a step back.

 

“Drive yourself home..” said Taehyung giving her back the key.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

Taehyung wet his lips as he looked away from her.

 

“I don’t think you can catch a bus or taxi right now so just take my car and drive home then tomorrow-..”

 

“Would you like me to pick you up tomorrow, Sir?” asked Jisoo.

 

Why is she always thinking a step ahead and jumping into her own conclusions?

 

“What time would you like me to come here?” she asked. “8 am?”

 

Taehyung ended up nodding his head.

 

“8:30 will be fine.. the company is just a 20 minute drive from here..” he replied scratching his head.

 

Jisoo took the key from him.

 

“Then I’ll meet you tomorrow Sir..” said Jisoo smiling.

 

She was about to get on the car but she stopped and turned to him.

 

“Sir..” she called Taehyung who was standing in front of the main door to the apartment complex.

“Thank you for today..” said Jisoo bowing her head.

 

A pain squeeezed in Taehyung’s heart when he heard the word “Thank you”..

 

She wouldn’t be saying that if she knew what he did to her..

 

That gratefulness will be replaced by hate once she learns the truth..

 

 

———————-

 

 

“Did you ask Jisoo to pick you up this morning, hyung?” Jungkook said in a low voice not wanting Jisoo to hear from the outside. “Everyone is talking about you two coming together this morning..”

 

Taehyung looked through the window to see Jisoo.

 

“It happened somehow..” he replied.

 

“Why? There were already rumors last night and today you just created another one..” said Jungkook.

 

“What do you mean why? She’s my secretary.. she drove me home last night and I let her drive my car so she could go home safely then she came to pick me up this morning.. what’s wrong with that? Doesn’t Lisa do the same for you?” asked Taehyung.

 

Jungkook shook his head.

 

“She does the same but it isn’t your case..” he said sharpening his eyes. “Hyung.. let’s be honest here.. you have never even let Jimin drive you before because there was never an occasion in which he had to.. you never drink at the parties.. and last night.. you didn’t drink but you asked her to drive you home in front of all the employees? After babbling things during our dinner about marriage?”

 

Taehyung took their newly printed depliant and started reading it.

 

“Stop overthinking Mr. Vice Director and just focus on your work..” 

 

“Hyung.. but-..”

 

Taehyung threw the depliant on his desk.

 

“I just wanted her to get home safely..” said Taehyung. “What if she gets into an accident after driving me home? What if something happens to her while she’s working for me? I don’t want to have another reason to be guilty anymore.. afterall.. it is our fault that it happened to her..”

 

Jungkook remained silent.

 

Then there was a knock on the door.

 

“Sir.. I’m sorry for disturbing.. this is your schedule today..” said Jisoo coming in and putting a folder on his table.

 

She left right away.

 

“I even feel bad just hearing her call me Sir..” said Taehyung. “She’s working hard for me not knowing anything..”

 

There was a long pause before Jungkook finally spoke. 

 

“I’m sorry hyung.. I understand your concerns now..” said Jungkook. “I shouldn’t have worried about anything..”

 

 

————————

 

 

 

A week has passed ever since Jisoo started working for him.

 

Taehyung seemed pretty satisfied with her as his secretary.

 

Jisoo is very hardworking and curious about everything, she doesn’t slack off and does everything he asks her to do.

 

That afternoon, Taehyung has decided to teach her about planning a package tour.

 

He went out of his office but didn’t find her in her desk.

 

Where could she be at this time? 

 

Then he saw the lights were in the kitchen.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter