Loving him and only him

Her name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 18 

 

 

“How is she?” asked Taehyung to the doctor who has just come out of the room to check on Jisoo. “And.. how about our baby?”

 

The doctor, a friend of Taehyung’s dad, tapped his shoulders lightly.

 

“Both the mother and the baby are fine now..” he said reassuring him. “Your wife fainted due to stress.. did something happen?”

 

Taehyung could only sigh.

 

“The little boy I know has become a father now..” the doctor smiled at him. “Your parents must be thrilled..”

 

Taehyung just smiled and nodded his head.

 

“Thanks uncle..” he said seeing him leave.

 

Taehyung leaned his head against the wall.

 

He had no idea about Jisoo’s pregnancy.. he should have been by her side.. he should have been a support to her but he only put her under a lot of stress causing her to faint and even putting danger to her and to their baby..

 

How stupid is he? How much of a fool is he? 

 

He spent nights thinking about himself.. thinking about how he could survive without Jisoo..

 

But she.. she must have been stressing over not on herself.. but on their baby.. on how she would tell her parents..

 

Letizia and Jim came out of Jisoo’s room and approached him slowly.

 

Of course they have been surprised..  they were talking with Suho about their wedding just some months ago but now this news came out so suddenly..

 

And not only that.. Jennie told them the truth.. the reason why Jisoo had to quit her work as Taehyung’s secretary.. the same reason she doesn’t want to see him..

 

It was shocking.. both of them were left speechless.. 

They felt sad for their daughter.. they didn’t know she was going through all of that by herself..

 

“You should go home first..” said Jim to Taehyung. “My Jisoo is still sleeping so just come back tomorrow morning..”

 

Taehyung turned his head to them. He didn’t hear them coming out.

 

“I’ll wait here outside until she wakes up..” he replied lowering his gaze.

 

He felt ashamed of himself. 

 

Jisoo’s parents treated him very well.. and are still treating him the same even after they discovered what he did to their daughter’s life..

 

“No.. go home and sleep..” said Letizia. “Jennie will stay with her sister inside and we will also be here so just go home tonight..”

 

Taehyung looked at her and held her hands.

 

“Please.. let me stay here with you.. I want to see her once she wakes up..” he said in a shaky voice. 

 

His tears started forming in his eyes recalling about how Jisoo fainted right before his eyes.

 

She must have not slept very much these days.. thinking about what was happening to her.. worrying about her future.. being concerned about what people would say about her..

 

Ms. Kim is that type of person.. she worries easily.. she cries easily.. she shows her emotions to everyone.. but she manages to stay strong despite everything..

 

Taehyung wiped his tears.

 

“Please.. I want to talk to her.. I must talk to her.. I’m afraid she’ll run away from me again if I leave now..” he said breathless. “I should have never let her go away.. I should have held onto her from the start.. please forgive me..”

 

Letizia was looking away from him as she held back her tears.

 

She doesn’t know this man yet.. they’ve met only twice.. how is she supposed to trust him after knowing it was him who turned Jisoo’s life around?

 

She doesn’t hate him.. she’s honestly fond of him.. maybe even more than Suho.. 

 

But a mother can’t just forgive the person who broke her daughter’s heart..

 

“Jisoo.. my daughter.. I told you already on the first day we met.. she’s easy to approach.. she’s easy to befriend.. but don’t think of her as an easy person.. my daughter is the nicest girl I have ever seen.. she worked hard to help her sister study.. she supported her until she graduated.. she didn’t buy herself even a new wallet just to buy me a new bag with her first paycheck.. she chose not to go on a schooltrip during middleschool so she could use the money to buy her dad a bottle of his favorite wine for his birthday..and she.. she sacrificed her twenties to save for a wedding that was cancelled right in front of her eyes.. our Jisoo.. is that selfless..”

 

Letizia started crying as she grabbed on Taehyung’s arms.

 

“Honey.. please calm yourself down.. you might get sick again..” said Jim patting her back.

 

“You may be thinking that she’s nothing compared to you who’s rich and successful in life.. but my daughter.. that girl.. please don’t pity on her.. don’t look down on her.. we aren’t forcing you to marry her but-..” Letizia was choked with emotions.

 

“I don’t pity her.. I don’t look down on her..” said Taehyung looking at both of them. “I love her.. since the day I asked her to date me.. since the day I kissed her.. I only had one thought on my mind..”

 

Taehyung took a deep breath.

 

“It was to marry her.. and make her mine.. to be my wife.. I couldn’t imagine my future without her.. I don’t think I’ll be able to live without your daughter.. I will wait until she can forgive me.. I’ll wait for her.. but I will never give up on her.. and when that day comes.. please allow me.. to marry Jisoo..”

 

Letizia smiled as she shed another tear.

 

Jim hugged her from behind as he kissed the top of her head.

 

“Honey..” he whispered to his wife. “Stop crying already.. he didn’t propose to you..”

 

Letizia’s tears stopped.

 

The she turned to him and pulled her hands from Taehyung to hit her husband’s back.

 

“You always ruin the mood!” she said hitting him continuously.

 

Taehyung was finally able to smile.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Jisoo felt a hand holding hers as she opened her eyes slowly.

 

She looked around her. What is she doing in a hospital?

 

Then she remembered fainting last night.

She got up from bed and saw her mother asleep while holding her hand tightly.

 

“Mom..” she tapped her back lightly with the other hand. “You might get a backache..”

 

Letizia opened her eyes and stood up abruptly.

 

She came inside to stay with her because Jennie had to go back urgently to work that day.

 

“You were awake?” said Letizia touching Jisoo’s face. “We can go home later but we need to wait for the doctor first..”

 

Jisoo touched her mother’s hand.

 

“Mom.. I’m sorry..” she said. “I disappointed you and dad, didn’t I? I shouldn’t have done it.. what would your friends think of me? What would they tell you and-..?”

 

Letizia shook her head.

 

“No.. no.. you never disappointed me.. I was always proud of you my dear..” she said kissing her forehead. “Don’t be sorry to me.. don’t think of other people.. my daughter.. I want you to think of yourself..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes were glistening with tears.

 

“But I-..”

 

Letizia cupped her face.

 

“You have done enough for me.. for your dad.. and for Jennie.. it’s time for you to do something for yourself.. you should also be happy.. you deserve to be happy..” she said smiling. “I am proud of you.. that you’re a mother now.. and even more proud because I know you will do your best to be a good mother..”

 

Jisoo’s tears fell one after another.

 

Letizia looked at the door before looking back at her.

 

“The father of your child has been up all night waiting for you to wake up..” she said wiping Jisoo’s tears. “Do you want to-..?”

 

Jisoo shook her head quickly.

 

“I don’t want to see him.. I won’t talk to him..”

 

Letizia held both her arms.

 

“Do you not love him?”

 

Jisoo remained silent as she turned her head sideways not able to look at her eyes.

 

“Jisoo.. don’t you love him?” asked Letizia again.

 

Jisoo was just crying.

 

“I tried sending him away.. I told him to just come back..” said Letizia. “He said he will wait.. until you are able to forgive him.. he will wait until you want to see him and talk to him.. but he will never leave you.. because he’s afraid that you would run away again..”

 

Jisoo turned her head to look at her mom.

 

“Didn’t you give a chance to Suho when he made a mistake towards you? Didn’t you forgive him once? So.. why can’t you.. give Taehyung a chance? Talk to him.. and after talking to him.. and you still feel like you aren’t able to accept him.. if you feel like you can’t stand seeing him.. only then.. should you push him out of your life..”

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“No.. mom..” she said breathing heavily. “I.. I have already forgiven him.. it’s myself that I can’t forgive.. because I feel sorry for Suho.. because I believe it’s my fault.. that’s why I tried hating Sir Taehyung.. because maybe.. maybe I would be able to forgive myself and feel less guilty.. but I couldn’t.. Sir Taehyung.. I love him.. I love him even more when I can’t see him.. when I’m not with him.. I can’t imagine myself living without him.. and now that I have my baby.. how will I be able to survive without thinking of him?”

 

Letizia smiled as she Jisoo’s hair.

 

“You two..do love each other.. a lot..” she said gazing lovingly at her daughter. “He said the same thing as you did..”

 

Jisoo wiped her eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“Mom.. is it.. okay.. if I become selfish? Will it be okay if I.. if I make.. a family with him?”

 

Letizia nodded her head while smiling.

 

 

———————-

 

 

Taehyung drove Jisoo and her parents’ to their house as soon as the doctor checked her up.

 

He kept on glancing at her through the mirror while Jisoo had her eyes closed during the entire ride.

 

She hasn’t given him a glance yet.. nor has she said a word to him..

 

Taehyung felt anxious.. will she keep ignoring him like this? Will she keep looking away from him?

 

Letizia and Jim alighted his car as soon as they reached their house.

 

“Thank you for the ride..” said Jim as she held his wife’s hand.

 

Taehyung bowed his head to them.

 

Then he looked back at Jisoo slowly who hasn’t moved from her seat yet.

 

And he found her staring at him.. 

 

His heart almost dropped..

 

There was no anger in her eyes anymore.. instead there was yearning.. longing..

 

His chest was swelling up with joy. There were thousands of emotions building up inside him..

 

“Sir..” she called him softly.

 

Taehyung’s brows narrowed.

 

“Can you sit beside me so I can see you better?” 

 

Taehyung’s lips burst into smile. 

 

He thought he would never be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter