fin.

I couldn't be more in love

Wendy is sitting at the balcony, pre occupied. Her right hand holding a ring, and she's letting the shiny thing twirl on her fingers.

"Love, what do you think I should wear?" Irene, clueless of what Wendy was thinking came in barging with two dresses in tow.
Irene is busy weighing her options on what to wear for the grad ball when she felt Wendy's intense stare.

Irene looked up to meet Wendy's eyes, when her partner shoot a smirk.

"Wear the black dress, you'll own the night." Wendy answered, gaze not leaving Irene's face.

Irene timidly nod when she noticed a shiny piece of metal between Wendy's fingers.

"That's a ring." Irene said instead of asking.
"Yes." A minute of silence and just an exchange of stares then Wendy stood up.
"Yes. It is."

Irene blushed. Is this it? She thought.
Is this the part where she'll get on one knee? And proposes to me??
Irene might be internally screaming, she's not aware what her facial expressions say at the moment but Wendy -- didn't kneel.
She's just busy playing with the ring on her fingers.

"What... What is that for?" Irene wanted to pat her shoulders for thinking that she wasn't shaking when she asked Wendy.

"I've been doing some thinking....." Wendy slowly reached out to the dresses Irene is holding and toss it on the chair.
"...about what to do and how to propose to you..." Irene's breathe hitched. The ring now on Wendy's right hand as her left hand started making its way to Irene's.
"I wanted to give you your own proposal." Wendy is now caressing Irene's shoulder.
"Not the one on the movies you've watched....." The hand on her shoulder moved to caress her jaw. "...or on the books that you've read..." Wendy's hand went to touch Irene's cheek that made the woman stare at her eyes.
"You're unique, Irene. And I want you to experience things on your own. Not because some writer or director painted a sweet scenario on your mind." Their face now inches apart.
Irene can feel her erratic heart and she's sure as hell Wendy hears it.
Wendy left a chaste kiss on Irene's forehead, "I wanted to make it perfect, Rene..." A kiss on her nose bridge, "...something that you can call 'your own'...." A lingering kiss on her philtrum, "A unique perfect proposal, for a unique perfect woman like you." And Wendy successfully claimed Irene's lips. The kiss so careful, as if Irene will break. Kiss so tender that Irene feels a tear escape her eye. A kiss so soft that she feels the emotion Wendy is holding.

Irene's hand slowly crawled up to Wendy's lean arm. Their kiss becoming passionate and she can't help to snake her arms on Wendy's nape.
The hand that held the ring is now supporting Irene's back.

Wendy finished the kiss by biting mildly Irene's lower lip as she pull her arm and flashed the ring into Irene's face.

"I've always been thinking and I don't have any idea how to do it."
"I just know that, I want to do it for you."
Wendy closed her eyes as she continued speaking and Irene's arms encircle on her nape, brushing her hair.

"I will break my own principles and ideology for you."
"....I belong to you, Irene..."
 

 

(this was sitting on my drafts supposed to be one of the last chapters on a story I've abandoned.)

(comments are highly appreciated. ^^,)