` T04: A SCRAP OF PAPER

ㅤㅤㅤ` REKINDLE ☇ come along for the journey !
 
 
words not spoken.
words not spoken.
words not spoken.
nakwon heaves a loud sigh as she collapses onto her bed. she had been packing for what felt like hours now, but it seemed like all she'd done was just make a huge mess in her room - like when you try to do a deep cleaning and come to that point where everything is off the shelves and on the floor and you wonder why you ever thought doing this would be a good decision.
 
emmy, her roommate, comes in and looks around, her eyebrows raising as she takes in the state of the bedroom. "wel-" she starts, obviously about to say something regarding nakwon's lack of progress, but after glancing at her and gauging her reaction, she veers in a different direction. "-llllll uh...you...this...this is always half the battle, right?" she shrugs sympathetically, her face morphing into a sort of futile hopefulness.
 
the attempt to be optimistic falls flat with nakwon, who groans exasperatedly as she slumps backwards onto her pillow. "can they just bring korea to me?" she wonders out loud and emmy laughs at the ridiculous notion, sitting down on her bed across from nakwon.
 
"when are you leaving?" emmy asks. nakwon stretches her sprawled limbs out and counts days in her head, "in about a week? i think? like by the end of the month." emmy nods, her eyes widening slightly. "oh, you still have time!" at nakwon's unconfident groan, emmy comes over and gives her shoulder an encouraging shake. "don't worry, i'll help. you know i love organizing!"
 
nakwon smiles, touched, her eyes sparkly. "thanks emmy...i don't deserve a friend like you." she sticks out her lower lip and wrinkles her face into a dramatic expression of sentimental gratefulness, emmy chuckling. "yeah, i know," she jokes, "and you definitely don't deserve a friend like v of bts!"
 
the two of them burst into laughter, always finding it weirdly amusing how crazy it is that nakwon's best childhood friend is one of the biggest pop stars in the world. "i really, really don't." she agrees. they're gradually shifting into a comfortable silence when emmy's phone rings, snapping them out of it. she reaches for her phone, sees 'Myunghwan <3', and creeps up off the bed. "sorry, i'm gonna take this..." she grins sheepishly. nakwon waves her hand in the air in random, flailed motions that only a roommate of 6 years could decipher - which she does, as a mixture of "no need to apologize", "for sure, go ahead", and "away from me, lovebird".
 
as emmy exits the room, nakwon sits up. "guess i should try to do a little more before dinner..." she sighs. to help ease the burden, she presses shuffle on her disney playlist - her go-to for just about any occasion, be it showering, cleaning, or, in this case, packing for an exciting couple of months in the motherland!
 
she steps off her bed, her foot bumping against a box sticking out from underneath. pulling it out, nakwon perks up, then softens. inside are various scraps of paper - sticky notes, index cards, ripped pages of notebooks - some of them with paragraphs neatly penned out, some of them with just one sentence scribbled hastily, all of them directed to her friends from high school.
 
they had accumulated over the years, ever since nakwon first came back to the states. she'd started writing them as a way to cope with the yearning in her heart for the city she had grown up in, the memories she made there, and the friends she had left behind, but she could never find it in her to send these letters out. so here they sat, unaddressed, unnamed...unspoken.
 
i passed by a cafe selling bungeobbang today...somehow it tasted just like the one i had with you that chilly november night.
 
hey girlie, saw a figurine today that made me think of you ツ
 
that new instant ramen finally came to america! remember when we would go to the convenience store at like 1 in the morning and have full-blown mukbangs... such bad decisions lol but wouldn't have wanted to make them with anyone else ♡
 
hope you're doing okay
 
i've been feeling...a little empty these days. i don't know how exactly to describe it, but it makes me miss that night we talked on the bridge. you've always encouraged me to cry things out instead of keeping it all in, and i think that night was the first time i wasn't completely scared to try that.
 
nakwon smiles fondly as she goes through the letters, feeling bittersweet and nostalgic at both old ones from her first year of university and more recent ones from just a couple months ago. blending with the sound of rustling paper is the fond drawl of randy newman as he croons "you've got a friend in me".
 
MOON SPEAKS

heyo, here with the last?? teaser before the story starts?? idk, honestly i've been considering making the extension a little longer so i can...hopefully get more apps >< but also because i'd definitely welcome some more time to plan this story out, so some more time just might be the solution for everyone! pls do comment and let me know your guys' thoughts, i ,, jus wanna see all your amazing characters ,, and i also wanna stop begging HAHA kidding kidding but yes PLS feel free to interact with me in the comments and i hope you liked this teaser! i tried to incorporate some of my writing style instead of just doing cute little visuals hehe aight cya l8r dudes