` T01: A DIARY ENTRY

ㅤㅤㅤ` REKINDLE ☇ come along for the journey !
DEAR DIARY
in which nakwon reflects on taehyung and the ways he's impacted her life
late july, 2019
i remember when i first met tae. we were assigned an in-class group project, and as i dreaded the oncoming anxiety over choosing someone to work with, he came out of nowhere. like a knight in shining armor.
 
i feel like that's a good way to describe tae. he's come to my rescue in so many different ways...saving me from endless nagging when i come home past curfew, keeping me from missing the late bell by practically dragging me from the back of his bike, pulling me out of the way of motorcycles on the street, listening to me rant when i feel suffocated in the confines of my own home.
 
and to think it all started from one in-class project !! honestly, i don't know why he decided to ask me...of all people, me. i was a transfer student, how was he so sure i wasn't just a wacko? or maybe he wasn't sure. i wouldn't be surprised, tae always likes a challenge.
 
i'm definitely glad, though. damn, what would've happened if he didn't ask me that day ?? i'd never say this to his face but...i'd probably be a lot sadder today. i think it's definitely interesting though. i feel like i learned so much about him in even just that one minute.
 
transferring was, of course, rough - yeah, it was everyone's first year, but at least they were all coming from the same middle schools. i figured everyone knew everyone already. still, tae was different. not only did everyone know him, everyone liked him. so why was he asking me to work with him when it seemed like he had so many friends?
 
that's when i realized...tae had no friends there's so much more to people than we think. since he acts so friendly and outgoing with everyone, i figured he had a really big friend group! but everyone goes through loneliness differently, and while mine was ,, a lot more outright ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ just because his was subtle didn't mean it was non-existent.
 
i think that's where the random surge of compassion came from. i don't want to say i felt BAD but...i felt bad. for me, too. he probably just wanted a true friend as much as i did. wow, and the fact that he even considered that being me...i'm honored kim taehyung : ' )
 
man, i don't know why i'm simping about this right now. i'm gonna go check the mail.