O3. Cloud Kingdom

The Wand of Light

Third P.O.V

The two of them fly all the way to Cloud kingdom. Back at Cloud kingdom, we see Yura coming out of the castle, calling her sisters. 

"Hyeri! Minah! Look, Hwayoung is back!" She exclaims. 

"Hwayoung is back~!" Hyeri, the maknae exclaims running out ready to greet Hwayoung. 

The three of them watch Hwayoung lands at the entrance with Sungjong and Hoya on top of her. 

"O-Oh! Who is this?" Yura asks curiously. 

"A friend," Hwayoung replies with a smile as Sungjong and Hoya gets off her 

The three princesses lead them in and are ready to take care of Hwayoung. They enter the castle meeting Sojin, the queen of cloud kingdom. 

'Your majesty..." Hwayoung greets, bowing down. 

"Hwayoung, you brought visitors..." Sojin said, "what happened?" 

"It's Wenlock again..." Hwayoung replies, full of rage but she holds it in. 

"What happened?" The Queen asks. Hwayoung just glance at Sungjong, Sungjong of course starts explaining from the start till the end. 

"He came to my kingdom and ask me to marry me. Furthermore, he froze all my people and my parents. If I don't accept his proposal in three days he'd make sure that they freeze forever..." Sungjong explains. 

Sojin gasps at his explanation because she barely hears about Wenlock, the last time she hears about him was sixteen years ago or maybe more but now? She thought he went on hiding ever since he threatens the cloud kingdom. 

"I see, come on. You can stay here for a while as we discuss what to do. I will tell my maids to give you a change of clothes, it can be quite cold here." Sojin said. Sungjong nods and follows Queen Sojin to a room in which he sees a maid preparing an outfit for him. 

"Here are your changes, sir." She said. 

"Thank you..." Sungjong replies as the maid bows and leaves the room. Sungjong looks at the outfit, it was a colorful sweater and pants. He smiles at the color combination. 

"Never thought a castle would have such colorful clothes..." He mutters to himself as he changes. 

After changing, he comes out of the room, finding Sojin waiting for him, 

"Come, let's go see the others." She said. Sungjong nods, following the Queen to a room. In that room we see Hwayoung standing up in front of a mirror with the princesses brushing her hair and adding accessories to her hair. As the Queen and Sungjong enters, the three princesses gasp at his beauty.

"Are you warm enough?" Yura asks. 

"I am, much. Thank you and thank you for this beautiful outfit." Sungjong said to both Yura and the Queen. 

"You're very welcome," Sojin replies with a chuckle. 

"We never had a real person here before." Minah said, brushing on Hwayoung's hair. "except for your sister." she adds

"My sister?" Sungjong gasps. 

"Yes! Hwayoung!" Hyeri replies. 

"Hwayoung is my sister?!" Sungjong gasps as Hwayoung nod. "but how?! What happened?!" Sungjong asks. 

The Queen steps in and starts explaining it, 

"It was on Christmas eve too." She said. "Wenlock appear out of the blue with the same reason..." 


Flashback 

Wenlock appeared at the castle, out of the blue. He flew to the castle with his griffin and lands on the castle's balcony.

"State your business, sir!"  King Joongki said

"Oh just a simple one, I'd like to marry your daughter." He answers

"Ridiculous, Go!" King Joongki exclaims. 

"Are you telling me what to do?!" Wenlock asks back just as loud. 

King Joongki scoffs and asks the guards to seize this mysterious man. But before the guards can do anything, Wenlock petrifies them, he looks up and sees the kingdom's emblem, a pegasus. He smirks and starts to mutter a spell to his wand. 

"....give her wings and a tail!" He ends the spell and points the wand to Hwayoung who instantly turns into a pegasus. 

After that, Wenlock leaves the castle telling them, "oh smile, you didn't lose the daughter! You gained a pet!" before going on his way with a laugh. They search everywhere for a cure but nothing works. Hwayoung notices this and can't help but feel bad for them so she left. She doesn't want to be a burden to them. 


"But why didn't they tell me?! My own sister!" Sungjong exclaims. 

"They didn't. They keep it a secret. When you were born, I see them moving to a newer, stronger castle in hopes to protect you afraid that he'll go you too despite of you being a boy and he did." Hwayoung explains. Sungjong gasps at the sudden realization! No wonder they're so worried and protective of him! 

"No wonder they're so worried! I have to save them and tell them I'm sorry! I have to!" Sungjong exclaims. "will you help me?" She asks Sojin. 

"Unfortunately, I tried to defeat him for the sake of the sky but he was too powerful. With that wand, nothing can defeat him, not even my magic." Queen Sojin replies. 

"But there must be a way. There is no way a guy like him is that powerful that he has no weakness." Sungjong said. "do you princesses know?" he asks the three princesses. 

"What about the wand of light?" Suggests Hyeri earning collective gasps from the people of Cloud kingdom. Hyeri closes and looks around in guilt. 

"The wand of light?" Sungjong repeats. 

"Nothing, it's just a myth..." Hwayoung said. 

"A myth? I doubt that." Sungjong scoffs. "I'm sure it exists. How do we find it?" Sungjong asks the Queen. 

"It is not found, it was built." Sojin answers. 

"It was built?" Sungjong repeats. 

"Yes. It was built from a measure of courage, a ring of love and a gem of ice lit by hope's eternal flame." The Queen explains. 

"Well, that's just three things! We can do it!" Sungjong exclaims. 

"It doesn't exist! It's impossible." Hwayoung replies. 

"It's impossible only if you give up! We'll work together to break your curse, everyone's and our parents. We can do it!" Sungjong said. 

Suddenly, they hear a bell ringing. The princesses gasp at the noise, 

"Oh my! It's time already! Come on!" Yura exclaims. 

"It's time already?" Minah whines, still sleepy. 

"Yes! Let's go!" Hyeri exclaims, pulling her sister off the bed. 

The three of them get out with their pegasus to paint the clouds pink, orange, and purple. Sungjong and Hwayoung watch them paint the clouds.

"They do this every sunrise and sunset. It's so beautiful." Hwayoung said, but Sungjong isn't listening. He was lost in thought of how to build that wand of light. 

"Hwayoung, I'm going to make the wand of light!" He exclaims. Hwayoung sighs as she walks back into the castle, Sungjong follows her. 

"We can do it, trust me!" Sungjong exclaims, following his sister who stands in front of the mirror. The mirror sparkles and starts to reveal her true self. 

Hwayoung sighs and said, "I used to forget what I look like and I miss them... I miss being with you guys..." She said. 

"And we'll see them again! You'll return to your actual self and we'll save them together!" Sungjong exclaims but Hwayoung just sigh. "come on, Hwayoung! We can do it!" 

"Well..." 

"Well, where do we start?" He asks. 

"We start in the deepest, darkest part of the forbidden forest." Hwayoung said. 


After breakfast with the Queen and the princesses, the two are now at the entrance ready to go. 

"Before you go, I have something for you." Sojin said, revealing a big necklace with a bell on it. "ring the bell if you need anything." 

"Thank you, your majesty," Hwayoung said. 

Sojin nods and lets Sungjong get on top of Hwayoung with Hoya. In just seconds, they're already flying but they can still hear the princesses shouting "good luck" and "come back soon" and other encouraging things. 

"Let's go and break the spell once and for all!" Sungjong exclaims to Hwayoung who flies even faster. 


A/n: Aye the third chapter is here! I finally have 1 sub!! Thank you for subbing my dear >w< Hope you like this story!!