O2. Sneaking out

The Wand of Light

Third P.O.V

That night, Sungjong sneaks out with Hoya to ice skate. He tip-toes carefully and steals his skate shoes successfully. 

"Let's go." He whispers to Hoya who nods and follows him out of the castle, going on their way to the city to ice skate with them. After a few minutes, they arrive at the event and see everyone dancing and having fun. 

"Let's dance, Hoya," he said to Hoya. Hoya hears this and goes sliding on the skating rink. Sungjong too, skate around the skating rink until a little girl approaches him, 

"Oh hello there." He greets her. 

"Hello, your highness..." She replies nervously. Sungjong chuckles and offers a hand, 

"May I have this dance?" He asks. The girl looks at him with sparkling eyes and a big smile, nodding. 

"Yes!" She exclaims. Sungjong smiles as he pulls her to his side so they can skate together but he realizes everyone stops dancing as soon as he's there, even the music stops. 

"Oh don't stop, please keep on dancing." He said with a grin. 

The musicians nod and start playing the song as everyone dances that night, counting on the hours to Christmas. Hoya, Sungjong, and that little girl are having so much fun. They dance and dance all night through the ice until everyone stops dancing and the music stops. Sungjong confusedly stops skating and looks up seeing a griffin coming his way and a scary-looking man riding on it. He lands right in front of Sungjong. Sungjong of course moves back a little, hands on his dagger he always brought for protection. 

"Ah, such a beauty." The person said approaching him. Sungjong slaps his hands away with a fierce glare. 

"Don't touch me," Sungjong said sternly. 

"Ah, feisty..." He comments. 

Sungjong scoffs as he holds Hoya closer to him, afraid this creep would harm him. Hoya, though growls at him and even jumps on his face, protecting his owner. 

'Get away from my owner, you creep!' Hoya said in bear language. This person though is strong enough to throw Hoya away. He threw Hoya so far that he falls far enough from Sungjong. Sungjong gasps and skates his way to Hoya. 

"Are you okay?" He asks. Hoya nods with his cheerful smile but Sungjong knows well his bear cub is injured. He hugs Hoya close to him and rage burns inside him. First of all, how dare he appeared in the middle of a Christmas eve party and ruin his night, second of all, he's a straight away creep, and third of all, HE HURT HOYA!

"If you're here to cause chaos, I will ask you to leave! Right NOW!" Sungjong sternly says, this time louder. 

"But I wasn't finished, princess." He said. Sungjong looks at him confusedly, because Sungjong is sure he has a d*ck, he has short hair, yes he has curves as a girl but he's flat so he doesn't see any qualities of a woman on him. "I'm here to ask you to marry me." 

"Marry you?" Sungjong repeats. 

"That's correct my bride," he said, caressing his cheek. Sungjong instantly slaps his hand. 

"I said do not touch me and I will not marry you, especially what you've done to my bear cub!" He shouts. "now leave before I stab your eyes myself!" he adds, reaching to his dagger. 

Just in time, they hear a carriage coming their way and he sees his father coming their way. 

"Wenlock!" His father exclaims.

"Ah, King Joongki, it's been a while..." Wenlock said. 

Sungjong was about to skate to his father's side but he can't. He's stuck and none of his muscles can move. 

"Father, be careful!" He shouts because he sees Wenlock approaching his father.

"As I was saying, I wish to marry your daughter, since you blew me off the last time. She's so pretty despite her short hair and her boyish clothes. Such a perfect companion." He said. 

"My SON will not marry you!" King Joongki exclaims. 

"Please don't take our son away." Queen Hye Kyo adds, standing beside her husband.

"Besides you already have a wife, now leave us!" King Joongki continues. 

"Oh, I do. Three in fact, but they get annoying. So time to move on, and here's the lucky lady. I'm down to marry her despite what you say. Hiding her actual gender from me? Such a pretty face can't be a man." Wenlock scoffs, about to touch Sungjong's face but was stopped by his dagger. 

"Touch me and your fingers will fall on the ground!" Sungjong threatens. "besides, I won't marry a person like you! Especially what you've done to my night, my bear cub, maybe what you've done to my parents!" 

"Ah still feisty as ever. Oh well, can't help it." Wenlock said as he uses his staff and freezes everyone on ice as Sungjong shouts a 'no' and Hoya whimpering in his hug.

Wenlock then approaches Sungjong who's holding Hoya closer to him any second, "okay bonus round." He said. "will you be my bride?" 

"First of all, I'm a man." Sungjong said. "and second of all, I will not, especially of what you've done to my bear cub, my people and to my parents. I will NEVER marry someone like you!" He exclaims. 

"Marry me and I'll unfreeze them," Wenlock said.

Sungjong quiets down, what must he do? He wants to save his people, his parents, this kingdom but to marry someone as creepy, as evil, as disgusting as him? Can he do that? Is that what he wants? Be someone's bride despite him being the heir to Equos kingdom. Suddenly his train of thoughts is stopped a pink pegasus appears and barges between them, shouting "HOLD ON!"

Sungjong instantly holds onto the pegasus's body and settles himself on her with Hoya in front of him. The pegasus flies further and further away from him but Sungjong can still hear him clearly, 

"In three days, princess! In three days or they will freeze forever!" He exclaims with a loud laugh. Sungjong looks around anxiously until he hears the pegasus talking.

"Wait a sec! Where are we going?! Let's go back! Maybe I can talk this out and-"

"We can't..." The pegasus answers. 

"Why not?! Who even is he?! I mean he has magic and all but I'm sure a blade could hurt him too!" Sungjong exclaims. 

"No. Wenlock is too powerful. With his staff, he is invincible and if we turn around now he can kill you and everyone!" The pegasus replies. 

"There must be a way to defeat him! I need to save my people!" Sungjong, again argues. 

"Not when he's that powerful." The pegasus answers. 

"W-who even are you? Why did you save me? How did you know I was in danger?" He asks. 

"I-I'm a friend. We'll be safe here. For now." The pegasus said.  Sungjong just nods and complies with the pegasus's decisions. 


A/n: Aight chapter two is out! We all know who the king and queen are! That's right the Song-song couple >w< For Wenlock, let's leave him faceless cause I'm not gonna drag anyone cause he's just straight away a creepy dude. I also put protective Hoya cause who isn't mad when your new friend is harassed by such a creep! So that is all for today! I will also update the character page^^ Thanks for visiting and don't forget to give some comments~ Bye bye^^