O1. Worst Day Ever

The Wand of Light

Sungjong's P.O.V 

"Woohoo!" I cheer as I skate my way down the hill. Lucky me for sneaking out this afternoon to get this much time to skate. Lucky me part two, it's Saturday! So more reason for me to ice skate more and more. Suddenly, my skating session needs to stop since I accidentally trip on a something. I look back and find a white stuck in the snow! I hurriedly stand up and went for it. 

"H-Hey! Are you okay there little fella?" I ask as I pull him out. "Oh! A polar bear cub!" I exclaim as I look at how cute the bear was. I look around trying to make sure their parents are around but it seems that I'm alone. 

"Where's your family? Did they leave you here?" I ask. The bear looks at me sadly, it even looks down. 

"Well I guess you have a new family now... hmm I'll name you Hoya! Is that okay with you... I hope you're a male." I said as I check the bear's bottom to find out its gender. Turns out I was right, he is indeed a male. "Huh, guess I was right. Let's get you home, Hoya." I told him. 

I skate my way home with Hoya in my arms and enter the castle. As soon as I'm there I put Hoya behind the wall and took a left to meet my parents. 

"I'm home!" I told them, with a grin. 

"Oh my Gosh! I'm so glad you're okay!" Mother exclaims as she gives me a hug. "we were so worried." 

"I'm fine, I just went ice skating as always." I replied, again with a grin. 

"Again?" Father asks. "you could've told us!" 

I look down in guilt because I know I should've told them first so they won't panic. I can only mutter an apology as Father lecture me more about me going out without an . I know I'm a prince and I'm probably a target to be killed by someone but my other side is saying a different thing. 

"But father, I'm 21 years old and you told me I'm mature enough to be your heir!" I exclaim. 

"Exactly why we were worried!" Father exclaims. "you are the heir to the throne so the least you could do is act like it!" 

"It's Saturday! I thought you told me I can have fun." I complained. 

"You can, as long as you tell us! We are worried about your safety, my dear." Mother replies. I huff but agree to them nonetheless. They were right, I was the heir after all so I have to be a proper prince for once. 

Suddenly Hoya comes tumbling down the staircase. Both of my parents and I stare at him awkwardly but Hoya is just as cheerful as he is. He just stares at my parents innocently than to me. I coo at his cuteness and pick him up. 

"Is that a bear?!" Mother gasps. 

"A bear cub. Isn't he adorable?" I reply, coo-ing at his cuteness again. 

"But he could scratch you a-and bite you and-" 

"And I'm going to let him go once he's older." I cut in. "don't worry, mother. We'll be okay." 

"Did you even think about the germs?!" Mother adds. 

"But-" 

"This is what happens when you come out without permission," Father said. I gasp at that. What is he talking about?! I'm 21 years old and I'm sure I'm mature enough to be outside alone! I mean I do need some guarding here and there but they put me through those fencing lessons for a reason! To defend myself! 

"Then what do you want me to do?! Stay in my room all day?!" I ask. 

"Yes!" Both of them answer at once. 

"What?! I'm 21 years old! I'm an adult!" I complain. 

"We know, we were just worried..." Mother trails out 

"I'm sorry but we can't take this constant worrying anymore." Father cuts in. "and there is only one way..." 

I stare at them confusedly. What are they going to do? Ban me from ice skating? They can't do that! 

"No more ice skating." They did not! 

"But I love ice skating, you both know that! You even put me through skating lessons years ago!" I exclaim. 

I look at them, begging them to change their mind but it seems that they're not. I sigh as I give them my skating shoes and go to my room sadly. I sit at my bench with Hoya behind me, on the bed. 

"How could they do this to me?! And on Christmas eve?!" I rant out. Hoya obviously is not answering and he seems to be distracted. I stare at him, going after the music player. I chuckle as I follow him. 

"You like music too?" I ask. I see him nodding. 

"Okay then, let's shake off the sadness and dance!" I exclaim as I push play on the player. We both dance the night away until I decide that I need some air. I stopped the music and carry him outside. I stare at the city from the castle. I see them dancing and having fun on ice. I sigh in envy since those people are having fun more than me and I can't. 

"Even people are having fun on Christmas eve... Why can't I?" I mutter. "What do you think we should do, Hoya?" I ask him. But all I get is him staring at them and I have just the idea! 


A/n: Hey guys! I'm back. I know it's not winter yet, it's still autumn somewhere but I just love imagining Sungjong doing amazing dance on ice, that'd be beautiful af. Hope you guys like this chapter and please do leave a comment :c I love interacting with you guys too :c 

That is all guys! Thank you for visiting this chapter and I'll see you soon on chapter two :D