ONE

Dear Taehyung-ssi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The huge grandfather clock chimed 3 times, notifying the inhabitants around that it was 3:00 pm. Kim Taehyung had been sitting for more than three hours in the waiting room of the clinic. He massaged his throbbing temples and tried to curb the subtle curses that made way past his lips, especially to the patient who had gone before him. Waiting for three freaking hours and fifteen minutes was not a matter of joke. The delay was taking a toll on him and he fidgeted with whatever material his fingers could grab. It was his last appointment, after which, he would be declared fine.

Yes, “fine” was the only word that could describe his state on the surface. After a year of therapy, he would finally not have to visit this clinic anymore. But what could be the reason for a healthy-looking man like Kim Taehyung’s reason behind his regular visitations to this clinic? From the exterior, Taehyung was a wholesome-looking man who would snatch both wigs and hearts with his subtle gaze. The women who were present in the waiting room had already lost their hearts to this 33 years old man. One could easily say, that with time, Kim Taehyung has aged like fine wine. Then what could be the reason behind his agitated state?

As soon as the patient before him left the clinic, the assistant announced his name. His stomach churned in nervousness. His palms began to sweat. His palpitations increased and fingers began to tremble. He let out a quivering breath which he had held for God know how long. He adjusted his glasses which were settled on the bridge of his nose. Grasping the file which he had brought along, he stood up and took calculated steps towards the door which read: “Dr. Min Yoongi, M.D. Psychiatry.”

The moment he twisted the door knob and opened the door, he was greeted by the adorable smile of the 35 years’ doctor under whom he had been getting his treatment.

“Come in.” The doctor stated. “Please have a seat.”

Having said that, Taehyung gently dragged the chair situated opposite to the doctor and took his seat.

“Hello, Dr. Min.”

“Ah, cut the formalities Taehyung. To others, I’m a doctor but to you, I’m your cousin first.”

“Okay, Hyung. Nice to see you again.”

“Nice to see you Taehyung. How are you today.” Yoongi spoke as he took the man’s file and began to go through it.

“Um… I am…”

***

While Taehyung spoke, Yoongi penned down some notes on his notepad and with an occasional nod. After the patient finished speaking, he calmly waited for the doctor’s response who was busy analyzing both his reports and the notes he scribbled down. After 10 minutes of scrutinizing every detail, Yoongi cleared his throat to catch the attention of his cousin who had spaced out.

“So, Taehyung… I went through your reports and according to my observation, you…” He paused while still examining the notes. On the other hand, Taehyung began to fidget his fingers again. The pregnant pause was unnerving him. Abstract thought began to occupy his mind. What if after the regular therapy sessions, he was still declared to be mentally unhealthy?

“Uh… Taehyung-ah…” Yoongi’s husky voice bro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter