r | 1

rigel | z. chenle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Chapter 1]

A heavy sigh left his lips as he waited impatiently, leaning onto the ledge of the rooftop. The slight breeze felt relaxing as the summer-night warmth embraced him. The messy bangs of his jet black hair rested just ever so slightly above his eyes as he stared down from the tall building. With his black hair and his entire outfit being black, he blended perfectly into the darkness. The moon, however, was shining brightly in the starry sky. What a beautiful night to kill.

 

A voice abruptly interrupted his blank mind through his in-ear piece. “He’s coming right down that street from the south. Conveniently, he’s drunk, so make it quick.”

 

The male rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Don’t tell me what to do, Jisung.” Aiming the sniper, he focused his attention onto the man stumbling down the streets. Drunkenly making his way down to who knows where, the man did not realize death was right at his door. Within the next second, Chenle easily sent a bullet into his forehead. A sigh of boredom was heard from him as he watched how quick the man collapsed onto the ground. That wasn’t fun enough.

 

Packing up his weapon, he his heels to leave the apartment complex’s rooftop. That was when his eyes widened and his body froze; an unfamiliar girl stood with her jaw dropped in shock. Well, . When he wished for things to be fun, he didn’t mean it this way.

 

She could only stare at the boy in fear as her mind replayed what she just witnessed. Her eyes clearly caught him sniping someone down the street. Legs growing weak, Gayeon stumbled backwards, clumsily falling onto the pavement. Her body was trembling in fear as she watched the male pull out a hand gun, twirling it in his hand like some child’s toy. , , .

 

This is really it, huh? She couldn’t believe she hasn’t even been able to live her life yet. Why did she have to run into a murderer at the wrong time? She just wanted some fresh air and to see the stars and moon tonight. Why, out of all places, does this guy have to murder someone here?

 

His cold stare was enough to make her terrified of what’s to come next. Gayeon froze as he pointed the weapon right against the center of her forehead. Tears left the corner of her eyes as she sobbed, knowing her fate. “Stop making so much noise, will you? Let’s just get this over with-“ The boy’s finger was on the trigger, ready to pull it when Jisung abruptly shouted into his earpiece.

 

“Wait! Don’t kill her!” Chenle’s jaw clenched, irritated by the unnecessary interruption. “Why not?!” He hissed at the boy angrily. Gayeon was staring up at the male with teary eyes, confused as to why he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet. She was still stuck with the gun on her forehead though, so she couldn’t run away or anything. The boy seemed to be talking to someone.

 

“For ’s sake-” The male whined as he listened to Jisung’s orders only to be interrupted when her entire body was thrown at him, causing him to crash onto the concrete. “What the ?!”

 

Gayeon had taken the advantage of him being distracted to attack him and free herself. It was a good idea, but she wasn’t as fast as he was to run away. His hand quickly latched onto the collar of her shirt, preventing her from running away. Arms flailing as she struggled to escape, the girl ducked and swung her leg to knock the boy off his feet. Chenle cursed as his body met the concrete the second time. The girl was making a run for it once again, but it was never going to happen on his watch.

 

Standing back up within seconds, he sprinted towards Gayeon, grabbing onto her before throwing her onto the cold, hard ground. Her eyes widened as she met his; they were soulless and empty. A small whimper escaped from her lips as his hand wrapped around her neck while the other held a gun to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter