Chapter One:

Still Looking for Love

It was a chilly 10th of October along Hangang Park, Wu Jin Ming went on his usual evening strolls while also admiring the ever so busy city lights bustling out of Seoul and yet a seemingly frail aura emanates from his face. It was his 3rd week in Korea and he was starting to get the hang of the culture and the environment. 

 

After making it big in the financial markets and setting himself up for life with the amount he amassed at the age of 30, he decided to travel the world and look for more meaning in it. Growing up and going through the usual strife of an average household, he always thought that money would be the pinnacle of one’s self-fulfillment in life. As cliche as it may sound, life proved him wrong at that. 

 

After spending months travelling west, he decided that South Korea would be his next destination. However, the excitement that he once bore after leaving the Philippines, was nowhere to be found. He was no longer accustomed to a life devoid of a fast-paced and high-stake environment. The vices that life offered did little to console him. 

 

After walking for a bit, Jin Ming decided to rest at his usual spot by the Han River before heading back and ending the night. There really wasn’t anything out of the blue that evening. Just like every evening before, there were people loafing around the area, joggers, couples, friends, kids with their parents and grandparents, and tourists just admiring the view and the ambience. 

 

However, Jin Ming did notice a hooded person hanging out right by his spot was  giving out the same vibes he did; a cold stoic expression somewhere between the lines of exhaustion and depression. Not being a fan of socializing with others, Jin Ming just kept his thoughts to himself and aimlessly stared into the river. A few moments later, fireworks from the city further lit up the evening sky. 

 

“The fireworks are pretty aren’t they?” said a soft voice. 

 

Jin Ming was surprised to find out that the hooded person was in fact a celebrity in Korea... Jennie Kim, a member of the prestigious girl group called Blackpink was all by herself. 

 

“Yeah they are, but I fancy the stars even more” he replied. “You seem quite troubled,” he added.

 

 “It’s nothing, I’m just enjoying some me time” Jennie replied. 

 

Although Jin Ming wasn’t one to always be the life of any party, he knew how to hold a conversation and usually had a knack for it. 

“You know what, after spending three weeks here, I realized that I have a terrible tolerance for spicy food.” he randomly blurted. 

 

“Come on, it isn’t that bad...” Jennie replied. 

 

“I’ve been mending wounds and praying to various deities every day for 15 whole minutes!” Jin Ming added. 

 

A soft laugh came from Jennie after hearing him say that. 

 

“Good I got you to smile. You were starting to beat me so bad at brooding over there, Jon Snow would have been a clown in Game of Thrones.” he said. 

 

“No way, your stare was starting to pierce a hole into the Han River” Jennie jokingly replied. “I’m also wondering how you knew that I could respond to you in English” she added.

 

“I see you on billboards, TV, funko pop figurines, it isn’t rocket science. I am amused how you all look so much taller on TV though” Jin Ming said with a grin. 

 

Before a slightly annoyed Jennie could throw a reply, she noticed that other people were starting to notice her.

 

“I have to go.” she hurriedly said as she fled while fixing her hood to cover most of her face. 

 

“H-hey, I didn’t mean--” Jin Ming thought he pissed her off but a few moments later he noticed that people were starting to gossip and were wondering if it really was Jennie they saw.

 

“I guess that’s the life they chose to live...” Jin Ming said to himself as he started to head back to his apartment. 

 

He took one last look at the sky and let out a sigh before heading out. The stars started to come out after the fireworks ended, illuminating the vastness of the evening sky amidst the glow of the city below. 

 

This wasn’t a new experience for Jin Ming. After travelling around the world, he was accustomed to meeting celebrities along the road and even getting to talk or hang out with some of them. 

 

At the end of the day they were all just ordinary people that constantly showed a different side of them in front of the camera; all in a day’s work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Notes: 

Chapter One done~!!! This was pretty short for a first chapter BUT don't worry this is just the beginning of things. Aaaaaa 

I hope you guys like the story I made. This was really out of my imagination and my creative writing thoughts so I had to automatically write them down so as to not have Writer's Block after. ^ ^ 

 

I hope you enjoyed my first story here Q w Q/ Stay tuned for the next chapter ~ > <